Jump to topic:

Let's Say You're Wrong - Christians

knick-knack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 10:44:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A complete hypothetical scenario to Christians.

You are on your death bed moments away from your last breath. In some way you find out that there is no heaven and when you die there will be no afterlife. With these few moments you have left you ponder about the life you've led and the decisions you've made.

What are you thinking at this time?
Do you regret believing the way that you did?

Your thoughts...
John Hancock
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 11:53:04 PM
At 8/16/2011 10:44:55 PM, knick-knack wrote:

You are on your death bed moments away from your last breath. In some way you find out that there is no heaven and when you die there will be no afterlife. With these few moments you have left you ponder about the life you've led and the decisions you've made.

"Oh, that sucks."

Not particularly. I did the best I could with what I had.

Your thoughts...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 2:02:37 AM
What if you're wrong-Christians, and you're standing before Allah about to be punished forever in a "blazing fire" where you're given boiling water to drink that can "cut the Bowles"
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 2:40:56 AM

Your thoughts...

Nah, i'm a far better person for having my faith, i am of greater purpose to others, and i am living a more happy life for being Christian, and the afterlife is something that has so very little to do with it. Christianity is for the living, not the dead.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:22:16 AM

I am not a christian, but am going to answer as a Hindu.

I will probably, at that time sense contentment. (and hope that I'm not born again, and have attained mukti).

No I actually wont. I agree with Innomen on this one. I, personally, have never seen a person who does something he doesn't want to, if he can't understand the practical justification.

Your thoughts...

I guess it won't matter. I'd be happy, and content, if I'd have everyone I love around me at that moment and I'd be 50-ish.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 5:41:57 AM
At 8/17/2011 3:22:16 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
I guess it won't matter. I'd be happy, and content, if I'd have everyone I love around me at that moment and I'd be 50-ish.

Wow. That's not very optimistic, lol. Is the mortality rate that bad in India?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 7:26:36 AM
I would be pissed off and try to live forever on earth
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 9:26:49 AM

Son of a b....

Not one bit.

Your thoughts...
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 10:19:35 AM

Your thoughts...

I would just commit suicide and forget the whole blasted thing, and be relieved that I won't be facing judgement for any wrong doings I may have committed.
But it shore beats the alternative dieing and finding yourself in eternal hell.
Pascal's wager anyone?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 10:22:53 AM
At 8/17/2011 10:19:35 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:

Your thoughts...

I would just commit suicide and forget the whole blasted thing, and be relieved that I won't be facing judgement for any wrong doings I may have committed.
But it shore beats the alternative dieing and finding yourself in eternal hell.
Pascal's wager anyone?

That's a very depressing outlook. You find nothing enjoyable or worthwhile about life without an afterlife to look forward to?

Nietzche was right.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 11:46:31 AM
At 8/17/2011 5:41:57 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/17/2011 3:22:16 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

Wow. That's not very optimistic, lol. Is the mortality rate that bad in India?

No, I just always had this fantasy of dying young. It adds so much worth to your life.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:10:39 PM

Your thoughts...

Jump out of the window because it would be funnier than dying otherwise. No God, no judgement, I'm dead, who cares? Not me, I would be dead.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:12:06 PM

Your thoughts...

I would be thinking, "I am going to Jump out of the window because it would be funnier than dying otherwise. No God, no judgement, I'm dead, who cares? Not me, I would be dead."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:36:48 PM

"I hope I die before diner, I do not want pasta for a last meal."

Probably not (can't say what I'll be thinking that far in the future). We are imperfect creatures and can believe faulty things. Unless a belief in a faulty things causes harm or pain, there is no reason to reget believing in it.

Your thoughts...

Someone needs to prop my arm up, so when I die, it gets fixed into a "high-five" position, so when I have my open casket funeral, I can give everyone a high-five from the grave.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Steve0Yea
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 11:26:46 PM
At 8/17/2011 3:36:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

"I hope I die before diner, I do not want pasta for a last meal."

Probably not (can't say what I'll be thinking that far in the future). We are imperfect creatures and can believe faulty things. Unless a belief in a faulty things causes harm or pain, there is no reason to reget believing in it.

Your thoughts...

Someone needs to prop my arm up, so when I die, it gets fixed into a "high-five" position, so when I have my open casket funeral, I can give everyone a high-five from the grave.

Such a good idea... that's going in my will when i write one...