Jump to topic:

OK Class sit down and STFU

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:41:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:41:52 PM
by the way class, this is class 1 on Kalams, and this is not for you to retort with ignorance, if you have a question ask, that is ok, you are here to learn, not object with nonsense you don't understand.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:44:10 PM
From now on, no replies to Izbo10 please. I will only shake my head as I read the gigantic, rambling, discursive, and facetious wall of text that he has written and lament the human condition as he writes.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:47:30 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:44:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
From now on, no replies to Izbo10 please. I will only shake my head as I read the gigantic, rambling, discursive, and facetious wall of text that he has written and lament the human condition as he writes.

STFU and read the post, try to put it in your own words. Guaranteed you can't. That means it went over your head like a space craft.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:51:30 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:47:30 PM, izbo10 wrote:

STFU and read the post, try to put it in your own words. Guaranteed you can't. That means it went over your head like a space craft.

Izbo10, your words fly like a bird with a broken wing.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:53:08 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:52:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/24/2011 8:51:30 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/24/2011 8:47:30 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Izbo10, your words fly like a bird with a broken wing.

do you have questions, if not stop fuckin disrupting class you fuckin idiot

I see you have delusions that this thread is a class, and you the incompetent 'teacher'. Sad indeed.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:54:11 PM
looks like man-is-good has engaged in another troll rant. Well, good luck with that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:54:29 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:41:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

ike how about you just read what I write and try to learn from it. We have info about mathematical sets, we have info on logical fallacies, we have info on probabilities based on inductive reasoning.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:55:15 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:54:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/24/2011 8:41:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

ike how about you just read what I write and try to learn from it. We have info about mathematical sets, we have info on logical fallacies, we have info on probabilities based on inductive reasoning.

We also have info on grammar and reading comprehension, Izbo10...

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:56:01 PM

If you really want to damage his ego, why don't you actually refute his arguments if since they're apparently easily refutable. Simply insulting him or calling upon other to ignore him lets him continue to hold these false beliefs and think arrogantly about holding them. Even if he doesn't admit he's wrong, you still damaged his ego by refuting him despite his non-admission to being wrong.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:57:50 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:56:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

If you really want to damage his ego, why don't you actually refute his arguments if since they're apparently easily refutable. Simply insulting him or calling upon other to ignore him lets him continue to hold these false beliefs and think arrogantly about holding them. Even if he doesn't admit he's wrong, you still damaged his ego by refuting him despite his non-admission to being wrong.

I do agree with him on the lack of validity of the arguments he is referring to (since I am an atheist, despite his claims of me being a Christian), so I really can't argue effectively against him as a theist.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 8:59:25 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:57:50 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I do agree with him on the lack of validity of the arguments he is referring to (since I am an atheist, despite his claims of me being a Christian), so I really can't argue effectively against him as a theist.

Does anyone else see whats wrong with this reply?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:00:09 PM
At 8/24/2011 8:59:25 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/24/2011 8:57:50 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Does anyone else see whats wrong with this reply?

What's wrong, ike? What's wrong?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:00:12 PM

Which part of my argument was false buddy?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:01:17 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:00:09 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

If you agree with Izbo, as you are both atheists,........then why are you arguing exactly?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:02:59 PM

Second response: I've tried refuting his arguments in the past, and it has done nothing to stop him. When he claimed that Jesus was a 'zombie savior', I launched into a mini-argument about it, using sources and trying to prove him wrong (even initiating a debate with him over the topic). But, as you can see, he never stops to amaze us with his limitless energy and willingess to troll.

That's why I prefer Inferno, who's at least reasonable at times--compared to Izbo10.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:04:15 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:01:17 PM, 000ike wrote:

If you agree with Izbo, as you are both atheists,........then why are you arguing exactly?

Geo at least noted that I was mocking him, not arguing with him. The fact that I never refuted his arguments in his first post, and merely mocked him as a 'bird with a broken wing' and so on, shows that in the technical sense I wasn't arguing him.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:04:59 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:02:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Second response: I've tried refuting his arguments in the past, and it has done nothing to stop him. When he claimed that Jesus was a 'zombie savior', I launched into a mini-argument about it, using sources and trying to prove him wrong (even initiating a debate with him over the topic). But, as you can see, he never stops to amaze us with his limitless energy and willingess to troll.

That's why I prefer Inferno, who's at least reasonable at times--compared to Izbo10.

read the notes buddy even your fellow idiots here thought you lost the points on that debate, i lost due to violating the rules of being unable to avoid insulting you.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:06:17 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:04:59 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 8/24/2011 9:02:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

read the notes buddy even your fellow idiots here thought you lost the points on that debate, i lost due to violating the rules of being unable to avoid insulting you.

Izbo10, ever the hater and idiot.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:07:01 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:06:13 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
EVERYONE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

For God's Sake...

This is not trolling this is logic 101 stuff here. learn it.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:07:25 PM

For God's Sake...

WE MUST DO IT FOR THE SAKE OF LIBERTY, JUSTICE, PEACE, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!
WE MUST RECTIFY WHAT IS WRONG AND ABSOLVE IT!

Cry of the Republic

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:08:15 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:07:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:

For God's Sake...

Izbo10, I'll give you basic lessons in names. You are the TROLL. We are FEEDING THE TROLL. So therefore, what Rocky wrote doesn't apply to you, or your thread and class 'logic 101'.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:09:22 PM

For God's Sake...

Logic 101:

Nobody likes your posts, therefore you should screw off.
You not screwing off is ILLOGICAL.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:11:11 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:09:22 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

For God's Sake...

Logic 101:

Nobody likes your posts, therefore you should screw off.
You not screwing off is ILLOGICAL.

nobody likes my posts because logic isn't easy, magik man in dem der sky easy way out.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:11:13 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:04:15 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Geo at least noted that I was mocking him, not arguing with him. The fact that I never refuted his arguments in his first post, and merely mocked him as a 'bird with a broken wing' and so on, shows that in the technical sense I wasn't arguing him.

sooooooo you're basically feeding the troll.....
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:12:10 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:11:13 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yes. But only because I'm in the mood for it...

Contradiction
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:13:02 PM
Psssssssssssssst.....

"The first thing to note is that the fallacy of composition is an informal fallacy. Informal fallacies are only fallacious given certain situations. For example, it is not fallacious to assert that because every brick in a wall is red, that the wall itself must be red. Thus, it will not do for Con to simply say the KCA is guilty of the fallacy of composition without showing why it does, as part-whole reasoning is not always fallacious. "
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:14:35 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:12:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

HYPOCRITE So its okay for you to feed the troll and be a troll yourself, but when anyone else does it, you're suddenly against it. What a joke.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:17:26 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:14:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/24/2011 9:12:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

HYPOCRITE So its okay for you to feed the troll and be a troll yourself, but when anyone else does it, you're suddenly against it. What a joke.

Gimme an A
Gimme a R
Gimme a R
Gimme a O
Gimme a G
Gimme an A
Gimme a N
Gimme a T

And,

Gimme a M
Gimme a E
Gimme a M
Gimme a B
GImme a E
Gimmer a R-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARROGANT MEMBER!