-Don't act like a child

The floor is yours.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:54:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Con - God is omnibenevolent, and yet unnecessary suffering exists. For example, Huntington's disease.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:45:09 PM
Con - The Christian God's rules and actions within the Bible represent the influence of negative energy towards others. Therefor the Christian God is immoral.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
CD-Host
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:06:37 PM
The whole no salvation after death + eternal torture vs. annihilation. Just about every other god is far more moral on that one. Throw in the Reformed doctrine of election and the morality because little different than a kid with a magnifying glass frying ants.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:19:05 AM
God is neither Good nor evil, moral nor immoral but utterly amoral.

Argument From Isaac
When Abraham is ordered to sacrifice his son he does not question it. He neither challenges God or challenges himself. This is because God has established no moral system. Abraham does not think to question God, does not seem confused at God's 'evil' command, does not question if he is being tricked by the devil. This is because God is only concerned about loyalty or disloyalty.

Argument From Lot's Wife (Sarah I dunno who cares).
When they flee the destruction of Sodom, Lot's wife turns back and looks at Sodom against the orders of God. As a result she is turned into a pillar of salt? What had she done wrong? Oh yea she disobyed a very pointless command. Had she committed a moral violation? No. Yet still she was punished.

Argument From Lot's Daughters.
His daughters get him drunk and have sex with him, both bearing a son. God doesn't really care... yet he just immolated a city for being gay.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:40:07 AM
Argument From Lot's Daughters.
His daughters get him drunk and have sex with him, both bearing a son. God doesn't really care... yet he just immolated a city for being gay.:

LOL! I actually did laugh out loud.

The Pentateuch was written so poorly from an obviously Judeo-centric point of view. The mental gymnastics required to rescue God in the innumerable inconsistencies is both humorous and tragic at the same time.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)