Jump to topic:

Biblically, how did humans proliferate?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 8:46:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I actually got the inspiration for this thread from Koopin on Facebook. He says he hopes you all rot in hell. :)

Anyway, he posted this clip. So as to not be redundant by explaining it, view the clip. Needless to say, however, the priest is woefully inept. Completely stultified and bewildered, he dodges the question and then, through deflection, spins it in to a segue about Original Sin. Lame *two thumbs down*

I want this question answered theologically under the assumption that the bible is true.

My response to the actual question: There are only a few possible answers here to choose from. It is theoretically possible that Adam and Eve had many children that were simply not mentioned in the bible because they serve no theological backdrop. Adam & Eve potentially could have sired many children, including many daughters.

That would mean, if the bible is accurate from a literal perspective, that all humans are the product of incest. Curiously though, Mosaic law condemns incest as an abomination, yet it seems evident that it's one of two possible answers.

The other answer is that God simultaneously created other peoples in various parts of the world that were simply not mentioned. If you recall in the story, Cain was set with a mark on his forehead and banished from Eden. There he went east to a land named "Nod." It's conceivable that Cain could have procreated through unknown people.

Whatever the case, these two scenarios are the only remotely feasible scenarios to explain how humans could have proliferated, again, under the assumption that the bible is both literal and historically accurate.

Discuss.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 8:56:54 AM
The sons and daughters of Adam and Eve interbred, God made it not incest.

That is according to a Mormon friend of old.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:14:27 AM
At 8/27/2011 8:56:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
The sons and daughters of Adam and Eve interbred, God made it not incest.

That is according to a Mormon friend of old.:

I just love the special pleading and exemptions when it's convenient. At most, we can deduce that God is horribly inconsistent.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:19:13 AM
you could imagine it happening with magic and lightning and all that.. to make us suffer with ourselves more or something? some kinda human mitosis possibly? and then the inbreeding? lol ...ammm, i could draw a few pictures? with talk of divine supernaturally powered creators and deamons...well...that's just opened the world up to pretty much infinite possibilities right there, no? completely to limits of human imagination, seeing as it's thinking supernaturally powered things we're talking about... no? and we take the thinking part from ourselves surely, and are pretty artistic :P or... random...
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:23:08 AM
Of course there are the Angels who had union with human females... but then even if Eve managed to bang out 100 daughters that is still quite a small gene pool.

Same thing again with Noah...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:28:52 AM
At 8/27/2011 9:23:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Of course there are the Angels who had union with human females... but then even if Eve managed to bang out 100 daughters that is still quite a small gene pool.

you'd wonder what a donkey ever did to anyone in fairness...

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:30:20 AM
At 8/27/2011 9:28:52 AM, el-badgero wrote:

maybe donkeys represent some part of original sin or something? lol

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:31:01 AM
At 8/27/2011 9:30:20 AM, el-badgero wrote:

Yea...
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:33:39 AM

must've been a bad part... is it that the more someone suffers the more evil they are, and we shouldn't give a fvck about them, that they're going to hell anyway? you'd nearly wonder where the whole good christian values thing came from :P lol

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:41:04 AM
At 8/27/2011 9:33:39 AM, el-badgero wrote:

must've been a bad part... is it that the more someone suffers the more evil they are, and we shouldn't give a fvck about them, that they're going to hell anyway? you'd nearly wonder where the whole good christian values thing came from :P lol

you know if god's punishing them.. and you lot want to be in god's good books... ammm? you'd nearly even make argument for torturing anyone you can from christianity, no?

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:07:30 AM
applying logic has to do with empirical evidence, about a stucture, whatever structure you're logicking about. with ultimate super god powers, anything possible, any possible structure.. well then, where the fvck does logical and illogical go there? the only argument i find of any value, and so simple and damning, is why the fvck should anyone believe anything... everything should be backed by empirical evidence and all beyond can only be left to pure imagination.. nothing more ridiculous than anything else.. to give christians some bit of credit.. though i'd say they just had it too deeply ingrained into themselves or something? are deluded all the same.. i was fairly disturbed about it when it came to losing my faith..

i dunno was the op just a bad joke or what though.. or am i wrong?

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:23:06 AM
deluded myself for a while too.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:36:35 AM
never saw any apparitions though.. or amn't really sure did god ever talk to me, or am i a schizophrenic.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:40:44 AM
At 8/27/2011 10:36:35 AM, el-badgero wrote:
never saw any apparitions though.. or amn't really sure did god ever talk to me, or am i a schizophrenic.

well besides from the drugs :P

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 1:42:16 PM
At 8/27/2011 1:25:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Incest is Overrated.:

I don't know about that... I've had your mom. She's pretty good. :)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 1:55:13 PM
At 8/27/2011 1:42:16 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/27/2011 1:25:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Incest is Overrated.:

I don't know about that... I've had your mom. She's pretty good. :)

;D