Jump to topic:

Christian Views on The End Times

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 12:49:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
My question for Christians here is in what order do they believe the occurrences of the "end times" will happen and why.

A few different perspectives that I know of:

"Post-tribulational pre-millenialists":
There will be the tribulation, then the rapture, then the 1,000 year reign, then the last judgment.

"Pre-tribulational pre-millenialists":
First there will be the rapture, then the tribulation, then the 1,000 year reign, then the last judgement.

"Post-millenialists":
First there will be the 1,000 year reign, then the rapture and last judgement.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
heart_of_the_matter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:23:43 PM
At 8/29/2011 12:49:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:
My question for Christians here is in what order do they believe the occurrences of the "end times" will happen and why.

There will be the tribulation, then the rapture, then the 1,000 year reign, then the last judgment.

First there will be the rapture, then the tribulation, then the 1,000 year reign, then the last judgement.

"Post-millenialists":

1. When we die our body and our spirit separate...The body goes to the grave (or whereever) and our spirit goes into the postmortal spirit world. The post-mortal spirit world is divided into 2 parts: Spirit Prison (hell) and Spirit Paradise.
2. Our Spirit remains in the Spirit world until we are Resurrected. All people who had a body will be Resurrected...It is a free gift of God, because of Jesus Christ overcoming death.
3. Jesus Christ will return to Earth (2nd Coming) and rule and reign on the Earth during a time called "The Millennium". Satan will be bound until near the end of the Millennium. Only the righteous will be allowed to be resurrected and live on the Earth at first this is known as the "Resurrection of the Just"...later on in the Millennium... there will also be a "Resurrection of the Unjust"
4. There will be a final battle "The Battle of Gog and Magog" also known as "The Battle of the Great God". The devil will be loosed and for a time will gather his army...Adam will lead lead and triumph over the devil. Unfortunately some people will also fall away and follow the devil into outer darkness.
5. Then Final Judgment will happen and people will be assigned to different kingdoms of glory (if they qualify to inherit a kingdom of glory). There are 3 main divisions in kingdoms: The Celestial Kingdom is the highest. Then the Terrestrial Kingdom, then the Telestial kingdom. Even the lowest of the kingdoms of glory is so far superior to even the best on this Earth as to be practically unimaginable!

As far as tribulations...those will happen, but no one will be "caught up" in the clouds until Jesus Christ comes...

As far as the Second Coming - there is more than one "Second Coming" per se. He will reveal Himself in Adam-ondi-Ahman first. Others would be: At Armegeddon when He will defend the Jews and the other will be His apperearance to the whole world.

there are, of course, many more details involved...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 11:47:29 PM
The "end times" that Jesus spoke of either already happened or will never happen, as he said, " Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." when speaking of the end times.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:37:10 PM
At 8/29/2011 11:47:29 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The "end times" that Jesus spoke of either already happened or will never happen, as he said, " Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." when speaking of the end times.

Dont forget "There will be some of you sitting here who will not taste death before you see the son of man come."
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 12:43:34 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:37:10 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2011 11:47:29 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Dont forget "There will be some of you sitting here who will not taste death before you see the son of man come."

The historical Jesus was almost certainly wrong about the end times. These are quotes that seem to actually be from the real Jesus. The reason being is they are not friendly to the religion and this is a a standard most historians use to disguingish, if it is not in line with the theology it most likely was said. The historical Jesus was almost certainly an apocolyptic preacher who thought the end times would arrive before he and his peers were long gone.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 4:43:27 AM
At 8/29/2011 12:49:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:

"Post-millenialists":

People, including Christians, can get too rapped up in End Times theology, instead of actualy being ready (being at your post: serving, forgiving, dying to pride etc) for His return.
The Cross.. the Cross.