Jump to topic:

certainly hope

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:10:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If any of you idiots on here who think because there are 2 options god exists or he doesn't, so its 50/50, don't find the, why do we have something rather then nothing, or the why do we exist arguments for god convincing. That would make you a hypocrit.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:16:35 PM
Hmm, chicken or turkey you ask? I say Chicken. Thanksgiving turkey, no matter how you cook it, is always dry. Good question though.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:20:33 PM
You're aware that assigning prior probabilities* to matters like Gods' existence is not an objective affair, right? You're aware that it's subjective, right? You're aware that one could regard the matter of God's existence of as 50/50 and do so while being considered entirely rational, right?

* http://en.wikipedia.org...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:24:13 PM
At 9/2/2011 6:20:33 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
You're aware that assigning prior probabilities* to matters like Gods' existence is not an objective affair, right? You're aware that it's subjective, right? You're aware that one could regard the matter of God's existence of as 50/50 and do so while being considered entirely rational, right?

not really, probability is not a matter of opinion. We have enough data about possible existence vs actual existence to know that existence is not a 50/50 proposition.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:25:21 PM
At 9/2/2011 6:24:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:

not really, probability is not a matter of opinion. We have enough data about possible existence vs actual existence to know that existence is not a 50/50 proposition.

Your post also completely misses the point. It is a comparison of the 2 different views on existence, a god must exist because we or the universe are so improbable, but god is 50/50. That is nonsense.

ryan_thomas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:31:21 PM
At 9/2/2011 6:16:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
Hmm, chicken or turkey you ask? I say Chicken. Thanksgiving turkey, no matter how you cook it, is always dry. Good question though.

Not really, it's only the skin that gets dry. Turkey is way better especially if you deepfry it in peanut oil. :)
All Hail Lord Ryan!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:55:45 PM
This topic is utterly retarded until God is defined.

What is God? Seriously, you have to be a complete idiot to even discuss this without defining God, especially if you know that everyone has a different idea of what God means.

Seriously Izbo, get with the fvcking program. You've been here for how long and still haven't figured this out?

You know what, I'm going to ahead and do it.

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 7:09:36 PM
At 9/2/2011 6:24:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about. I have no idea why I broke my rule of just ignoring you.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:02:37 PM
At 9/2/2011 6:55:45 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

What is God? Seriously, you have to be a complete idiot to even discuss this without defining God, especially if you know that everyone has a different idea of what God means.

Seriously Izbo, get with the fvcking program. You've been here for how long and still haven't figured this out?

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

IM sorry you are to f'n stupid to have a concept of god, when you get a bit of intelligence, get back to me.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:06:36 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:02:37 PM, izbo10 wrote:

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

IM sorry you are to f'n stupid to have a concept of god, when you get a bit of intelligence, get back to me.

I have a conception of God numbnuts, but my conception of God is different than yours, and both of our conceptions are different than the other people who talk about the subject.

So what results? Everyone talking about completely different things while still using the same word. Also, this results in the OP being retarded.

Prepare thine self for water boarding.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:10:28 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:06:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

I have a conception of God numbnuts, but my conception of God is different than yours, and both of our conceptions are different than the other people who talk about the subject.

So what results? Everyone talking about completely different things while still using the same word. Also, this results in the OP being retarded.

lets see, who comprises 99% of this board, oh that's right uneducated high school kids out of the good ole usa, what god are we f'n talking about moron.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:11:24 PM

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

This is the reason why your fellow atheists don't like conversing with you. You automatically assume that we must follow your definition of god (which isn't given) and then call us 'f'n stupid' to not agree with you.

Sorry, but when you learn to have manners, intelligence, and fluency in the English language, we atheists will just get back to you...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:12:03 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:10:28 PM, izbo10 wrote:

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

lets see, who comprises 99% of this board, oh that's right uneducated high school kids out of the good ole usa, what god are we f'n talking about moron.

I suppose you never look at the demographics, nor have you offered any source for that statistical info....Oops.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:14:14 PM
At 9/2/2011 6:10:19 PM, izbo10 wrote:
If any of you idiots on here who think because there are 2 options god exists or he doesn't, so its 50/50, don't find the, why do we have something rather then nothing, or the why do we exist arguments for god convincing. That would make you a hypocrit.

I'm going to have give you 'The Elements of Style' for Christmas if you insist on writing like this...

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:14:50 PM

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

Dat @ss?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:15:26 PM

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

Cool story bro. Now, come back when you have your facts straight.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:15:47 PM
Have you all learned NOTHING? Lets hijack this crappy thread!
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:16:19 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:15:47 PM, 000ike wrote:

Okay, what is your favorite folklore figure?

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:24:59 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:16:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

The Blue Ox gon fugganigga up.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:25:44 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:24:59 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:16:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
The Blue Ox gon fugganigga up.

From the story of Paul Bunyan?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:29:46 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:12:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

I suppose you never look at the demographics, nor have you offered any source for that statistical info....Oops.

Oops retard it wasn't meant to be an exact statistic, but amazingly look at the age of the people who posted next:14,15,15, 22 and all from the USA. lol. retard.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:30:45 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:29:46 PM, izbo10 wrote:

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

Oops retard it wasn't meant to be an exact statistic, but amazingly look at the age of the people who posted next:14,15,15, 22 and all from the USA. lol. retard.

lmao

Izbo gets 4 points for that.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:31:36 PM

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

So you admit it to being a general statistic that is not justified by facts or sources...Oops, silly, you just lost some of your credibility!

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:33:30 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:30:45 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

God is gravity.

Go suck a chode.

lmao

Izbo gets 4 points for that.

He does...hehehe....Excellent of way of telling the age of the majority of the site/board just by looking at the age of the posters.

I'll use that type of logic one day...

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:36:39 PM
So if God is dat @ss, I think we should pay homage to the God most high.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:37:43 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:36:39 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I thought it was best to ignore the troll...as you said...

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:45:02 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:37:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

If I always did what was best, I'd be the King of the World.

What do you take me for?

..I'm bored.

fyi, hijacking a thread and posting stupid sh!t to derail is not ignoring the troll.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:46:40 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:45:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

What do you take me for?

..I'm bored.

fyi, hijacking a thread and posting stupid sh!t to derail is not ignoring the troll.
Never stated it was...though responding to him and engaging with him in conversations isn't either...

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:49:03 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:46:40 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

What do you take me for?

..I'm bored.

...though responding to him and engaging with him in conversations isn't either...

My mind has been blown. I never even considered this.

You sir are fvcking Sherlock Holmes. You need to get a job as a private detective, or as some kind of particle splitting monkey who works for NASA.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:49:50 PM
At 9/2/2011 8:49:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:46:40 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

What do you take me for?

..I'm bored.

...though responding to him and engaging with him in conversations isn't either...

My mind has been blown. I never even considered this.

You sir are fvcking Sherlock Holmes. You need to get a job as a private detective, or as some kind of particle splitting monkey who works for NASA.

No I'm not. I'm Dr. Watson...