Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do Atheists Bother?

Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 3:59:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have always found it interesting that an Atheist will spend many hours, researching, developing new therorys, and trying to find ways to disprove religion.

Most Atheists bable on about being ration... or using simple logic. Well it seems to me that if I was an Atheist, and if there is no God, I would leave it at that, and go about my simple day to day tasks. Who cares if religious freaks spend there lives going to church, and trying to become more loving and compationate like the savior? If there really is no God and you as an Atheist know this truth that everybody else is to stubborn to realize, then fine, who cares? Shurly Atheists are not that concerned about there fellow man that they are going to lighten at the hint of a religious debate, or study and find any way they can to turn other people away from living there lives in purity.

Why is it then that Atheists have this drive to discredit God, or this drive to discredit Jesus Christ?

If there were not forces at bay, manipulating mankind, then logically, an Atheist would simply ignore Christians and do whatever... Atheists do. I sugest, that an Atheists drive to discredit God is ironically evidence towards the manipulating force of something. Logically if there was a Satan, and there was a God, then Satan, once somebody lost faith in God or maybe never had it, would obviously use him to try and lure others away. If there was no manipulating force, then once somebody lost faith in God, they wouldn't care anymore!

I'm not speaking on behave of every single Atheists. I am aware that some people just never really believed in it, and so they call themselves Atheists, but if the crap hit the fan they would turn to a prayer and hope somebody is listening. I'm talking about the Atheists who devote their lives to destroying Christianity, or the idea of God altogether. Those Atheists who call people who believe in religion stubborn, when any third party viewer can notice the Atheists is just as stubborn as the Theist. However the Theist has a reason to be stubborn, their eternal salvation depends on it, the Atheist has absolutely no reason except manipulation... 0.o
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:14:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 3:59:19 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
I have always found it interesting that an Atheist will spend many hours, researching, developing new therorys, and trying to find ways to disprove religion.


It does not really take hours, it's already been done for us by people long dead. But it is fun to exercise your brain.

Most Atheists bable on about being ration... or using simple logic. Well it seems to me that if I was an Atheist, and if there is no God, I would leave it at that, and go about my simple day to day tasks. Who cares if religious freaks spend there lives going to church, and trying to become more loving and compationate like the savior? If there really is no God and you as an Atheist know this truth that everybody else is to stubborn to realize, then fine, who cares? Shurly Atheists are not that concerned about there fellow man that they are going to lighten at the hint of a religious debate, or study and find any way they can to turn other people away from living there lives in purity.

I agree, not all atheists preach you know? Religion does need to be attacked when it's a threat to us... but by and large it ought to be ignored. Or studied for fun.

Why is it then that Atheists have this drive to discredit God, or this drive to discredit Jesus Christ?

You are talking as if we regard these people as real. We don't.

If there were not forces at bay, manipulating mankind, then logically, an Atheist would simply ignore Christians and do whatever... Atheists do.

I do...

I sugest, that an Atheists drive to discredit God is ironically evidence towards the manipulating force of something. Logically if there was a Satan, and there was a God, then Satan, once somebody lost faith in God or maybe never had it, would obviously use him to try and lure others away. If there was no manipulating force, then once somebody lost faith in God, they wouldn't care anymore!

Aaah an interesting argument?

The Argument from Satanic Atheism.

I'm not speaking on behave of every single Atheists. I am aware that some people just never really believed in it, and so they call themselves Atheists, but if the crap hit the fan they would turn to a prayer and hope somebody is listening. I'm talking about the Atheists who devote their lives to destroying Christianity, or the idea of God altogether. Those Atheists who call people who believe in religion stubborn, when any third party viewer can notice the Atheists is just as stubborn as the Theist. However the Theist has a reason to be stubborn, their eternal salvation depends on it, the Atheist has absolutely no reason except manipulation... 0.o

I am not sure about that, I mean American Atheists have to put up with laws based on conservative Christianity, and politicians who believe that hurricanes are sent by God and that America has to support Israel. This provides them motivation to attack religion.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:42:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 3:59:19 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
I have always found it interesting that an Atheist will spend many hours, researching, developing new therorys, and trying to find ways to disprove religion.

Most Atheists bable on about being ration... or using simple logic. Well it seems to me that if I was an Atheist, and if there is no God, I would leave it at that, and go about my simple day to day tasks. Who cares if religious freaks spend there lives going to church, and trying to become more loving and compationate like the savior? If there really is no God and you as an Atheist know this truth that everybody else is to stubborn to realize, then fine, who cares? Shurly Atheists are not that concerned about there fellow man that they are going to lighten at the hint of a religious debate, or study and find any way they can to turn other people away from living there lives in purity.

Why is it then that Atheists have this drive to discredit God, or this drive to discredit Jesus Christ?

If there were not forces at bay, manipulating mankind, then logically, an Atheist would simply ignore Christians and do whatever... Atheists do. I sugest, that an Atheists drive to discredit God is ironically evidence towards the manipulating force of something. Logically if there was a Satan, and there was a God, then Satan, once somebody lost faith in God or maybe never had it, would obviously use him to try and lure others away. If there was no manipulating force, then once somebody lost faith in God, they wouldn't care anymore!

I'm not speaking on behave of every single Atheists. I am aware that some people just never really believed in it, and so they call themselves Atheists, but if the crap hit the fan they would turn to a prayer and hope somebody is listening. I'm talking about the Atheists who devote their lives to destroying Christianity, or the idea of God altogether. Those Atheists who call people who believe in religion stubborn, when any third party viewer can notice the Atheists is just as stubborn as the Theist. However the Theist has a reason to be stubborn, their eternal salvation depends on it, the Atheist has absolutely no reason except manipulation... 0.o

People decide in their hearts what they WISH to believe and then accept data that fortifies that position or reject data that erodes it.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:56:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.

Technological gains are superfluous if the Bible is true and Christ's return is imminent. All will be consumed by the fire of His splendour.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 4:58:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 4:56:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.

Technological gains are superfluous if the Bible is true and Christ's return is imminent. All will be consumed by the fire of His splendour.

There is just as much reason to believe that as there is to believe in the FSM.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:02:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 4:58:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:56:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.

Technological gains are superfluous if the Bible is true and Christ's return is imminent. All will be consumed by the fire of His splendour.

There is just as much reason to believe that as there is to believe in the FSM.

For you, yes, because you have not had revelation from either. Which proves my point rather nicely.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:05:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 5:02:24 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:58:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:56:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.

Technological gains are superfluous if the Bible is true and Christ's return is imminent. All will be consumed by the fire of His splendour.

There is just as much reason to believe that as there is to believe in the FSM.

For you, yes, because you have not had revelation from either. Which proves my point rather nicely.

Not all revelations are the same though are they? Was Mohammed getting revelation from Gabriel, or was he talking to a demon?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:10:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 5:05:00 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/3/2011 5:02:24 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:58:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:56:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.

Technological gains are superfluous if the Bible is true and Christ's return is imminent. All will be consumed by the fire of His splendour.

There is just as much reason to believe that as there is to believe in the FSM.

For you, yes, because you have not had revelation from either. Which proves my point rather nicely.

Not all revelations are the same though are they? Was Mohammed getting revelation from Gabriel, or was he talking to a demon?

From a demon and He actually TOLD his Mrs it was a demon and she said 'no, it's an angel' and he listened to her! so he got EXACTLY what he chose; DECEIT.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 5:12:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 5:10:09 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 5:05:00 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/3/2011 5:02:24 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:58:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:56:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/3/2011 4:44:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A world in which there are more converts to atheism is a world in which more people are looking for sex or working instead of going to church and praying, a world in which there are more people studying science and improving technology instead of studying the Bible and preaching.

Moderate gains, but add them to the enjoyment of debate, etc, and you've got some decent motivation.

Technological gains are superfluous if the Bible is true and Christ's return is imminent. All will be consumed by the fire of His splendour.

There is just as much reason to believe that as there is to believe in the FSM.

For you, yes, because you have not had revelation from either. Which proves my point rather nicely.

Not all revelations are the same though are they? Was Mohammed getting revelation from Gabriel, or was he talking to a demon?

From a demon and He actually TOLD his Mrs it was a demon and she said 'no, it's an angel' and he listened to her! so he got EXACTLY what he chose; DECEIT.

As your posts are dripping with hatred and pride what is more likely? That you spoke to God... or that you didn't?

Didn't Jesus say let them be known by their fruits? What are your fruits?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 6:49:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Moroni23 wrote:
I have always found it interesting that an Atheist will spend many hours, researching, developing new therorys, and trying to find ways to disprove religion.

Most Atheists bable on about being ration... or using simple logic. Well it seems to me that if I was an Atheist, and if there is no God, I would leave it at that, and go about my simple day to day tasks. Who cares if religious freaks spend there lives going to church, and trying to become more loving and compationate like the savior? If there really is no God and you as an Atheist know this truth that everybody else is to stubborn to realize, then fine, who cares? Shurly Atheists are not that concerned about there fellow man that they are going to lighten at the hint of a religious debate, or study and find any way they can to turn other people away from living there lives in purity.

Why is it then that Atheists have this drive to discredit God, or this drive to discredit Jesus Christ?

If there were not forces at bay, manipulating mankind, then logically, an Atheist would simply ignore Christians and do whatever... Atheists do. I sugest, that an Atheists drive to discredit God is ironically evidence towards the manipulating force of something. Logically if there was a Satan, and there was a God, then Satan, once somebody lost faith in God or maybe never had it, would obviously use him to try and lure others away. If there was no manipulating force, then once somebody lost faith in God, they wouldn't care anymore!

I'm not speaking on behave of every single Atheists. I am aware that some people just never really believed in it, and so they call themselves Atheists, but if the crap hit the fan they would turn to a prayer and hope somebody is listening. I'm talking about the Atheists who devote their lives to destroying Christianity, or the idea of God altogether. Those Atheists who call people who believe in religion stubborn, when any third party viewer can notice the Atheists is just as stubborn as the Theist. However the Theist has a reason to be stubborn, their eternal salvation depends on it, the Atheist has absolutely no reason except manipulation... 0.o

At 9/3/2011 3:59:19 AM,

can we put this stupid question to bed.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 7:54:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Peraonally? I don't.

I could not care less about disproving religion. It's impossible to debate it rationally, and I don't feel the need to "convert" people, because some of them needthe hope that religion brings them.

Other people just enjoy being belligerent, and the rest.... well I have no clue about them.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 8:01:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 7:54:06 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Peraonally? I don't.

I could not care less about disproving religion. It's impossible to debate it rationally, and I don't feel the need to "convert" people, because some of them needthe hope that religion brings them.

Other people just enjoy being belligerent, and the rest.... well I have no clue about them.

I emplore you to study the things religion is holding back that may directly effect your life someday. When somebody you love has cancer someday remember their may have been a cure if christians didn't fight against stem cell research and other forms of research. You guys are ignorant if you think they don't enforce their position on society and that is why it must be stopped.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 10:44:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Votes on policy in the government also. seriously are you people blind or just intentionaly ignorant?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 10:51:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 3:59:19 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
I have always found it interesting that an Atheist will spend many hours, researching, developing new therorys, and trying to find ways to disprove religion.

Most Atheists bable on about being ration... or using simple logic. Well it seems to me that if I was an Atheist, and if there is no God, I would leave it at that, and go about my simple day to day tasks. Who cares if religious freaks spend there lives going to church, and trying to become more loving and compationate like the savior? If there really is no God and you as an Atheist know this truth that everybody else is to stubborn to realize, then fine, who cares? Shurly Atheists are not that concerned about there fellow man that they are going to lighten at the hint of a religious debate, or study and find any way they can to turn other people away from living there lives in purity.

Why is it then that Atheists have this drive to discredit God, or this drive to discredit Jesus Christ?

If there were not forces at bay, manipulating mankind, then logically, an Atheist would simply ignore Christians and do whatever... Atheists do. I sugest, that an Atheists drive to discredit God is ironically evidence towards the manipulating force of something. Logically if there was a Satan, and there was a God, then Satan, once somebody lost faith in God or maybe never had it, would obviously use him to try and lure others away. If there was no manipulating force, then once somebody lost faith in God, they wouldn't care anymore!

I'm not speaking on behave of every single Atheists. I am aware that some people just never really believed in it, and so they call themselves Atheists, but if the crap hit the fan they would turn to a prayer and hope somebody is listening. I'm talking about the Atheists who devote their lives to destroying Christianity, or the idea of God altogether. Those Atheists who call people who believe in religion stubborn, when any third party viewer can notice the Atheists is just as stubborn as the Theist. However the Theist has a reason to be stubborn, their eternal salvation depends on it, the Atheist has absolutely no reason except manipulation... 0.o

Manipulation.. yeah.

like trying to get it so that people aren't as likely to believe in stuff that gives them sanction to do stupid, mean things..

like blow people up to save their holy land and religious/social way of life..

or ostracize gays..

or pass stupid laws... and stuff...

someone having Belief in God, with their approved list of Godly wants, makes having genuine, open, discussions in Ethics with them difficult.. For regardless of what you care about, Regardless of how the world is.. God says This.

This ends genuine ethical discussion.

Now, the belief in god is unsupported.. and showing this to people may very well make the world a better place in that it might allow people to be better able to find common ground in ethical issues.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:00:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

Rabble rabble rabble hate hate hate child rape fapp fappitty fapp.

Fascinating, tell us more of the laws of logic master.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society. You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:03:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.

Don't I? Why thank you, I love being told what I think by an absolute retard. Please tell me what my other beliefs are!

You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No actually I think you should slit your throat in A & E in the hopes some quick thinking surgeon uses you for spare parts to save the life of a real person.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:05:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh ::off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:13:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
People decide in their hearts what they WISH to believe and then accept data that fortifies that position or reject data that erodes it.:

DAT is living proof of that... but I digress.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:48:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:05:40 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh ::off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....

Well when you say respect religion you are supporting these type of events happening. But you wouldn't understand that. You have failed to do any research on the topic and would rather stay ignorant.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:50:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:48:16 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:40 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh ::off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....

Well when you say respect religion you are supporting these type of events happening. But you wouldn't understand that. You have failed to do any research on the topic and would rather stay ignorant.

So are these events entirely correlated with religion? How does respect religion=support child rape?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:53:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:50:55 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:48:16 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:40 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh ::off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....

Well when you say respect religion you are supporting these type of events happening. But you wouldn't understand that. You have failed to do any research on the topic and would rather stay ignorant.

So are these events entirely correlated with religion? How does respect religion=support child rape?

It is really quite simple, priest can not have an relationships, this goes against our nature as humans, this has resulted in priest molesting children for many, many years. But yes lets respect that belief as well.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:56:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:53:46 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:50:55 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:48:16 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:40 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh ::off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....

Well when you say respect religion you are supporting these type of events happening. But you wouldn't understand that. You have failed to do any research on the topic and would rather stay ignorant.

So are these events entirely correlated with religion? How does respect religion=support child rape?


It is really quite simple, priest can not have an relationships, this goes against our nature as humans, this has resulted in priest molesting children for many, many years. But yes lets respect that belief as well.

(signs and picks up his hat and goes out into the open rain, shaking his head, "Poor Izbo)...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:58:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:56:37 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:53:46 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:50:55 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:48:16 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:40 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:05:10 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 11:00:56 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:45:01 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/3/2011 10:42:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/3/2011 6:56:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea you are right Izbo... atheists are fvcking retarded. But some have cleavage.

I think we have all learnt an important lesson today.

i don't think you are capable of learning. Homosexuals are oppressed by religious nut jobs, children die when parents take what Jesus taught in the bible(prayer works) instead of medicine, we have given the catholic church the power and the dogma to cover up a massive amount of child rape, religious wars, planes flying into buildings based on religious grounds(don't believe its religious, watch inside the green beret, let the taliban tell you themselves what their motives are), a man stoned to death in philadelphia, lalalalalalallalalallal you don't see any of this morons.

Cerebral is an atheist, obviously, so why are you informing him of the supposed detriments of religion? All this talk about 'child rape, religios wars, planes flying into buildings' and so on spent for nothing...

Because both you and cerebral don't think religion is a problem in society.
You think I should respect them and let them alone with their beliefs. You laugh ::off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant.

No I don't...I don't condone certain interpretations of religions, nor do I support the sight of 'children dying, getting raped, and other things'. Since you bothered to use child rape as a variant of the problem of evil, I was inclined to challenge you to prove the moral wrong of child rape (which you only did, pages later....:(]. That doesn't indicate that I 'laugh off children dying, getting raped and other things and find it unimportant'....

Well when you say respect religion you are supporting these type of events happening. But you wouldn't understand that. You have failed to do any research on the topic and would rather stay ignorant.

So are these events entirely correlated with religion? How does respect religion=support child rape?


It is really quite simple, priest can not have an relationships, this goes against our nature as humans, this has resulted in priest molesting children for many, many years. But yes lets respect that belief as well.

(signs and picks up his hat and goes out into the open rain, shaking his head, "Poor Izbo)...

As I said before you are too immature to talk to this about as you just laugh it off.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 11:58:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 11:53:46 AM, izbo10 wrote:
It is really quite simple, priest can not have an relationships, this goes against our nature as humans, this has resulted in priest molesting children for many, many years. But yes lets respect that belief as well.

You do know that paedophilia exists outside of the Catholic Church right?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.