Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Does God accept bribes, ransoms, indulgences

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 8:47:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does God accept bribes, ransoms, indulgences and sacrifice of Jesus?

Eze 18 20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psa 49 7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Man has worked hard to try to put in place a system of justice where the guilty pay for their crimes/sin and the innocent go free. This actually seems to follow the scriptures above and if you are doing unto others what you would like done to you, then you will applaud our present legal forms.

God on the other hand, and those theists that want to ride their scapegoat Jesus as a sacrifice for their sins and not step up to their responsibilities, seem to prefer to have the innocent punished and let the guilty walk.

Scripture says that God cannot be bribed and will not accept a ransom of an innocent party to redeem another. Yet that is exactly what God is said to have done when he intentionally had his son murdered. Some call it a sacrifice. God wanting or needing a blood sacrifice also goes completely against scriptures but he and his followers don‘t seem to know that.

The other bribes or ransoms that God seems to accept are indulgences given by the church and were ironically what created the reformation movement and sects that now somehow embrace that immoral notion. Martin Luther must be spinning in his grave. I will grant that that practice is not as widespread as it once was, but to me, the idea that a man can sin against another man, and by just placing a few $$$ in a church strong box without even having to seek forgiveness from his victim, and expect with church guarantee a shorter stay in purgatory, is just too immoral for me.

All these bribes, ransoms and indulgences are for the forgiveness of sins.
His murder or sacrifice of his son is for the same reason and also has the innocent being punished while the guilty go free.

As the great law maker and executor of justice, do you think it moral for God to accept and demand such instead of making the guilty pay and letting the innocent live?

Secular law generally follows the bible's idea of justice, in many cases, as shown in the verses above. Should secular law reverse itself and follow God's ideas of justice instead in accepting bribes, ransoms and sacrifices of innocent men?

Regards
DL
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 10:32:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Once God understood how tasty poosie was, how awesome it feels to be drunk, and how tempting it is to kill a nigga for encroaching apon his holiness, his perspective changed.

That is why Jesus became an ultra chill pimp, and preached the good news, that hey, I understand what it is like to be fvcking retarded now.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 12:32:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 8:47:45 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Does God accept bribes, ransoms, indulgences and sacrifice of Jesus?

Eze 18 20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psa 49 7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Man has worked hard to try to put in place a system of justice where the guilty pay for their crimes/sin and the innocent go free. This actually seems to follow the scriptures above and if you are doing unto others what you would like done to you, then you will applaud our present legal forms.

God on the other hand, and those theists that want to ride their scapegoat Jesus as a sacrifice for their sins and not step up to their responsibilities, seem to prefer to have the innocent punished and let the guilty walk.

Scripture says that God cannot be bribed and will not accept a ransom of an innocent party to redeem another. Yet that is exactly what God is said to have done when he intentionally had his son murdered. Some call it a sacrifice. God wanting or needing a blood sacrifice also goes completely against scriptures but he and his followers don‘t seem to know that.

The other bribes or ransoms that God seems to accept are indulgences given by the church and were ironically what created the reformation movement and sects that now somehow embrace that immoral notion. Martin Luther must be spinning in his grave. I will grant that that practice is not as widespread as it once was, but to me, the idea that a man can sin against another man, and by just placing a few $$$ in a church strong box without even having to seek forgiveness from his victim, and expect with church guarantee a shorter stay in purgatory, is just too immoral for me.

All these bribes, ransoms and indulgences are for the forgiveness of sins.
His murder or sacrifice of his son is for the same reason and also has the innocent being punished while the guilty go free.

As the great law maker and executor of justice, do you think it moral for God to accept and demand such instead of making the guilty pay and letting the innocent live?

Secular law generally follows the bible's idea of justice, in many cases, as shown in the verses above. Should secular law reverse itself and follow God's ideas of justice instead in accepting bribes, ransoms and sacrifices of innocent men?

Regards
DL

Well, God does need money you know.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 8:55:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes.
Hookers, eight balls and booze are expensive.

Eh, not that I would know.
This is just what I hear. Really.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 10:17:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I do not believe that anyone has pointed this out to you in the past.
That is just taking verses out of context.

Did you realize that the Old Testament Rules and Regs were written by a God forgiven murderer name Moses?

That a path of forgiveness has always been offered to the guilty by God?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 10:48:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 10:17:24 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I do not believe that anyone has pointed this out to you in the past.
That is just taking verses out of context.

Did you realize that the Old Testament Rules and Regs were written by a God forgiven murderer name Moses?

That a path of forgiveness has always been offered to the guilty by God?

Strange how Moses could write about his own death.
You believe he was real do you?
Jew's don't and it is their book.

http://www.raceandhistory.com...

You are right that bible God offered a way to forgiveness but it was not by having his own son murdered. That would be insane.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 11:09:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
LOL,
That response was not very sophisticated--- or more appropriately bright.
Did you think you had some secret knowledge??!

Every Christian except the Lay know that Joshua and Caleb wrote the end of the Tanach and Judges.
That does not invalidate that indeed Moses a murder wrote the rules and regs of the Old Testament. He was a self confessed forgiven murderer.

You did not address the heart of the statement.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:31:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What would you like me to say of a fictional character who never lived?

If you are interested in what the latest view is from Jews themselves then watch this. it is long so I do not expect you to take the time to educate yourself as to how archeology has killed any notion or historicity.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 7:57:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 2:31:16 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What would you like me to say of a fictional character who never lived?

If you are interested in what the latest view is from Jews themselves then watch this. it is long so I do not expect you to take the time to educate yourself as to how archeology has killed any notion or historicity.


Regards
DL

And Jews have been notoriously accurate in discerning Truth according to their own Bible----
Have you read what the Bible states about the Jews ability to be accurate about God?

I would love to watch the Video. The only ones I avoid nowadays are the lieing ones like Zeitgeist.

The speculative ones are fun but never to be taken seriously.
I hope you did not think this move was based on more than mere speculation?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 1:42:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yep. Unfathomable.
And then it, like what the Christians added, proceed to tell us all the B S they fathom of the unfathomable one.

In other words, it is all speculation.

Jews are bright enough to recognize that it is all myth and speculation.
Christian literalists on the other hand are not bright enough to realize this truth.

Regards
DL