Lil Wayne On Death

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 1:22:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Interviewer: "Your own death, do you ever picture that?"

Lil Wayne: "No. I don't even think about that. That's stupid. Why would I do that..."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Just1Voice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 1:31:33 PM
I think the majority of people are like this. Who has time to be concerned with the disposition of their soul in some unknown possible afterlife? There are too many disagreements concerning the proper steps to take to secure a position in "paradise" and in any case there is currently no way to know what lies beyond that threshold.

The pragmatic individuals among us realize that the best we can do is to determine the moral path of actions in this life that makes the most rational sense, and then follow it and let the chips fall where they may.

I, for one, am not swayed by the coercive tactics of any religion that might seek to gain my allegiance with threats of some kind of eternal punishment. I will do what I feel is right, and stand by my decisions.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 9:04:12 PM
At 9/8/2011 1:31:33 PM, Just1Voice wrote:
I think the majority of people are like this. Who has time to be concerned with the disposition of their soul in some unknown possible afterlife? There are too many disagreements concerning the proper steps to take to secure a position in "paradise" and in any case there is currently no way to know what lies beyond that threshold.

The pragmatic individuals among us realize that the best we can do is to determine the moral path of actions in this life that makes the most rational sense, and then follow it and let the chips fall where they may.

I, for one, am not swayed by the coercive tactics of any religion that might seek to gain my allegiance with threats of some kind of eternal punishment. I will do what I feel is right, and stand by my decisions.

The more I hear your perspective the more I feel we are alike in many ways. I agree with you.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."