Total Posts:171|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Moral compass

kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:54:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

What does better mean? I understand the health part.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:02:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:57:56 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:54:16 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

What does better mean? I understand the health part.

go get a fuckin dictionary and educate yourself.

That was pretty rude, I just wanted to know what you consider to be "better".
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:09:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?

wow you really are one of the biggest fuckin morons i have ever talked to. I actually said the complete opposite. I said get this fuckin idiot y try to stay with me this time, that we say stealing is wrong because in a majority of situations where we have the totality of facts it actually is objectively wrong. It is objectively wrong in most situations. The phrase stealing is wrong is actually meant as stealing is usually wrong or a rule of thumb. But when we look at an individual situation the probability is high that stealing in that situation will be objectively wrong.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
kohai
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:11:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:09:06 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?

wow you really are one of the biggest fuckin morons i have ever talked to. I actually said the complete opposite. I said get this fuckin idiot y try to stay with me this time, that we say stealing is wrong because in a majority of situations where we have the totality of facts it actually is objectively wrong. It is objectively wrong in most situations. The phrase stealing is wrong is actually meant as stealing is usually wrong or a rule of thumb. But when we look at an individual situation the probability is high that stealing in that situation will be objectively wrong.

Ad hom.

Objective morality means that it needs to be right or wrong in every case..,not just some
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:14:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:11:06 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:09:06 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?

wow you really are one of the biggest fuckin morons i have ever talked to. I actually said the complete opposite. I said get this fuckin idiot y try to stay with me this time, that we say stealing is wrong because in a majority of situations where we have the totality of facts it actually is objectively wrong. It is objectively wrong in most situations. The phrase stealing is wrong is actually meant as stealing is usually wrong or a rule of thumb. But when we look at an individual situation the probability is high that stealing in that situation will be objectively wrong.

Ad hom.

Objective morality means that it needs to be right or wrong in every case..,not just some

See that is where you are a complete and utter idiot. Just because we label something stealing( deliberately thinking about taking something, then doing it) which includes 2 actions that must follow in a set, does not make it objective. What if we labeled your situation Nazling(stealing to stop the nazis) hmm now is it objective retard.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:15:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:02:40 AM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:56 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:54:16 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

What does better mean? I understand the health part.

go get a fuckin dictionary and educate yourself.

That was pretty rude, I just wanted to know what you consider to be "better".

try not askng stupid questions next time ok?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:18:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:15:25 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:02:40 AM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:56 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:54:16 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

What does better mean? I understand the health part.

go get a fuckin dictionary and educate yourself.

That was pretty rude, I just wanted to know what you consider to be "better".

try not askng stupid questions next time ok?

It was pretty damn rude of you to come on here and waste my time with your ridiculous question.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:19:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:18:01 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:15:25 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:02:40 AM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:56 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:54:16 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

What does better mean? I understand the health part.

go get a fuckin dictionary and educate yourself.

That was pretty rude, I just wanted to know what you consider to be "better".

try not askng stupid questions next time ok?


It was pretty damn rude of you to come on here and waste my time with your ridiculous question.

Sorry.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 12:21:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:14:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:11:06 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:09:06 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?

wow you really are one of the biggest fuckin morons i have ever talked to. I actually said the complete opposite. I said get this fuckin idiot y try to stay with me this time, that we say stealing is wrong because in a majority of situations where we have the totality of facts it actually is objectively wrong. It is objectively wrong in most situations. The phrase stealing is wrong is actually meant as stealing is usually wrong or a rule of thumb. But when we look at an individual situation the probability is high that stealing in that situation will be objectively wrong.

Ad hom.

Objective morality means that it needs to be right or wrong in every case..,not just some


See that is where you are a complete and utter idiot. Just because we label something stealing( deliberately thinking about taking something, then doing it) which includes 2 actions that must follow in a set, does not make it objective. What if we labeled your situation Nazling(stealing to stop the nazis) hmm now is it objective retard.

So you are somewhat right in a way, given the exact same, and I mean exact same circumstances it would be the same result. Your problem is you think all stealing or murder has all the exact same circumstances, where those words only supply a very limited perspective on what he circumstances are. Albeit these, circumstances make us have a pretty good probabilistic idea of whether it was right or wrong.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:34:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

To answer honestly... probably intuitionalism for many judgments... i.e. does it "feel" right. But if it's needed that one sit and contemplate an issue... at the end of the day I would say some variant of rights-based act utilitarianism.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:43:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Atheists and indeed everyone else has an individual moral compass, we all, atheist, theist or agnostic acquire this moral compass in the same way.

Empathy, fear, conditioning and intellectualisation.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:46:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society?
What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

Morality is entirely subjective, it is a matter of personal sentiment. If Hitler believes it is moral to kill 11,000,000 it is moral... to him. If I disagree it is immoral... to me.

The question is as valid as asking what if Hitler preferred strawberry cheesecake to a chocalate flan.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:48:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

You are taking your subjective rationalisation as if it somehow a source of authority. Also why the constant insults... in any discussion of morality someone will always bring up Hitler. Why try not impress people with your mind, instead of just shouting retard at them?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:49:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 1:46:11 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society?
What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

Morality is entirely subjective, it is a matter of personal sentiment. If Hitler believes it is moral to kill 11,000,000 it is moral... to him. If I disagree it is immoral... to me.

The question is as valid as asking what if Hitler preferred strawberry cheesecake to a chocalate flan.

this is why i call you a fuckin idiot, really comparing food choices to harming others, really are you that fuckin stupid.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:50:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 12:09:06 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?

wow you really are one of the biggest fuckin morons i have ever talked to. I actually said the complete opposite. I said get this fuckin idiot y try to stay with me this time, that we say stealing is wrong because in a majority of situations where we have the totality of facts it actually is objectively wrong. It is objectively wrong in most situations. The phrase stealing is wrong is actually meant as stealing is usually wrong or a rule of thumb. But when we look at an individual situation the probability is high that stealing in that situation will be objectively wrong.

Izbo come on, I spent a whole thread teaching you what objective means. Seriously you can do better than this.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:52:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 1:50:15 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:09:06 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 12:04:48 AM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:57:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:53:36 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:51:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society? What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

wow are you retarded, that is not how we determine what benefits society, wow really. Societal benefit can be shown through statistics of societies that lead better healthier lives. You really are a complete and utter fuckin moron.

Ad hominen attack. I don't think morlity is objective, but situationally. It is the situation that determines the morality.

That is your problem you don't grasp that in each situation there is an objective right or wrong, you get caught up in deciding since we label certain things and then make statements about that set, that there is no objective morality because you can add situations that counter that. When in reality objective morality is based on the complete set of circumstances surrounding the occurrence. When somebody says stealing is wrong, you can come up with examples that don't fit this, but the reason they say this is that in most cases the totality of that individual situation the action is wrong.

Let us debate on objective morality.

Since you say stealing is always wrong, picture yourself in nazi Germany. If you can steal a gun to save a life, what would you do?

wow you really are one of the biggest fuckin morons i have ever talked to. I actually said the complete opposite. I said get this fuckin idiot y try to stay with me this time, that we say stealing is wrong because in a majority of situations where we have the totality of facts it actually is objectively wrong. It is objectively wrong in most situations. The phrase stealing is wrong is actually meant as stealing is usually wrong or a rule of thumb. But when we look at an individual situation the probability is high that stealing in that situation will be objectively wrong.

Izbo come on, I spent a whole thread teaching you what objective means. Seriously you can do better than this.

You spent an entire thread being utterly confused by the whole topic. Objective is a set unchanging absolute right or wrong. All we need to do is look at where these concepts come from, which is primarily benefit to human survival to see if they have an objective or definitive answer and they do.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:54:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 1:49:39 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/9/2011 1:46:11 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:49:50 PM, kohai wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:47:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Morality is determined by, wait for it, its coming, empathy and benefit to society and many other complex factors. Your question is based on the appeal to a singular cause fallacy, try again. Again it is completely irrelevant. The argument stands as long as you agree all the premises are true. The only way attacking murder as wrong would work is if you legitimately believe murder is not wrong, in that case you need to come out and admit that.

Who determines what benefits society?
What if hitler thought it would benefit their society to kill 11,000,000 people?

Morality is entirely subjective, it is a matter of personal sentiment. If Hitler believes it is moral to kill 11,000,000 it is moral... to him. If I disagree it is immoral... to me.

The question is as valid as asking what if Hitler preferred strawberry cheesecake to a chocalate flan.

this is why i call you a fuckin idiot, really comparing food choices to harming others, really are you that fuckin stupid.

You insult me yet I had to teach you what objective means? You insult me yet I can explain and defend my position on morality, you can't defend yours. I am making a sincere effort now to educate you and to raise you to the standards of this site.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 1:57:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 1:52:44 AM, izbo10 wrote:
You spent an entire thread being utterly confused by the whole topic. Objective is a set unchanging absolute right or wrong.

Merely one of it's facets, did you never read the link I gave you? I find it difficult to believe you were never taught this basic concept.

All we need to do is look at where these concepts come from, which is primarily benefit to human survival to see if they have an objective or definitive answer and they do.

Beneficial to human survival =/= Morality.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 7:02:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

us not wanting to be fvcked over by each other or treated in ways we don't like being treated by each other, i.e., government and society.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 7:28:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 1:57:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/9/2011 1:52:44 AM, izbo10 wrote:
You spent an entire thread being utterly confused by the whole topic. Objective is a set unchanging absolute right or wrong.

Merely one of it's facets, did you never read the link I gave you? I find it difficult to believe you were never taught this basic concept.

All we need to do is look at where these concepts come from, which is primarily benefit to human survival to see if they have an objective or definitive answer and they do.

Beneficial to human survival =/= Morality.

No, but it is a major factor, see the thing is you are stupid enough to believe it has to believe it has to be one factor, when many, many factors shape our morality. Then to further your stupidity, you conflate what someone believes is moral with what is actually morally right. So you fail to grasp morality at all.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 7:42:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/8/2011 11:44:45 PM, kohai wrote:
What are the atheist moral compass? Yes this question is to the great professor Dr. Izbo, and another students that want to answer.

Discuss. What determines moralitY?

Although I am not an atheist, I believe that what we view as right and wrong is determined by society and the families that raise us.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 7:46:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So you fail to grasp morality at all.:

From a purely atheistic view, what is morality and where does it derive?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)