Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Scientific Evidence that God Created Life

Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:48:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have always found it very interesting that Science was founded by Theists who only wanted to better understand God and how his creations worked. It seems to taken a small diversion, Theories of the universe creating itself completely out of chaos started to flow, and some people started to turn to Atheism. There seems to be a mindset out there that states science is an enemy of religion. Threw science, a religion can be disproven. I am a firm believer that in the future, science and religion are going to co-exist in perfect harmony. Threw science we will completely understand Gods creations, and threw religion, we will completely understand all the unexplainable things in science.

I was going to post this as a forum... however I had a much better idea. I am going to challenge Izbo to a debate, I want to see if he can put his money were his mouth is :). I would encourage all to read the debate and vote. If there is anybody who wants to say something on this topic, or about the debate we can use this forum, as well as any Theists, or Atheists who have something they think will be beneficial to the debate they can use this forum.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:34:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?

Well I am not sure about the literally first thing but being very much a pessimist I'll still be doubting. Maybe I am still alive and I am merely hallucinating, maybe consciousness projection is possible but once all electrical activity in the brain stops I'll be truly dead. It would take a while for me to accept I was a disembodied spirit.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 7:20:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 6:34:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?

Well I am not sure about the literally first thing but being very much a pessimist I'll still be doubting. Maybe I am still alive and I am merely hallucinating, maybe consciousness projection is possible but once all electrical activity in the brain stops I'll be truly dead. It would take a while for me to accept I was a disembodied spirit.

Cerebral you are everything most atheist fight theist to say they are not, you say you are miserable because you can't believe in god, have no morals, talks about the greatness of having faith. Most atheists that debate think these are ridiculous.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 7:25:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 7:20:11 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:34:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?

Well I am not sure about the literally first thing but being very much a pessimist I'll still be doubting. Maybe I am still alive and I am merely hallucinating, maybe consciousness projection is possible but once all electrical activity in the brain stops I'll be truly dead. It would take a while for me to accept I was a disembodied spirit.

Cerebral you are everything most atheist fight theist to say they are not, you say you are miserable because you can't believe in god, have no morals, talks about the greatness of having faith. Most atheists that debate think these are ridiculous.

Plus if he debates you, it may never get to the topic as you would be asking stupid questions such as why is murder wrong, when we need common ground.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 7:27:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 7:20:11 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:34:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?

Well I am not sure about the literally first thing but being very much a pessimist I'll still be doubting. Maybe I am still alive and I am merely hallucinating, maybe consciousness projection is possible but once all electrical activity in the brain stops I'll be truly dead. It would take a while for me to accept I was a disembodied spirit.

Cerebral you are everything most atheist fight theist to say they are not, you say you are miserable because you can't believe in god, have no morals, talks about the greatness of having faith. Most atheists that debate think these are ridiculous.

Try again in English.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 9:14:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 1:48:38 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
I have always found it very interesting that Science was founded by Theists who only wanted to better understand God and how his creations worked. It seems to taken a small diversion, Theories of the universe creating itself completely out of chaos started to flow, and some people started to turn to Atheism. There seems to be a mindset out there that states science is an enemy of religion. Threw science, a religion can be disproven. I am a firm believer that in the future, science and religion are going to co-exist in perfect harmony. Threw science we will completely understand Gods creations, and threw religion, we will completely understand all the unexplainable things in science.


I was going to post this as a forum... however I had a much better idea. I am going to challenge Izbo to a debate, I want to see if he can put his money were his mouth is :). I would encourage all to read the debate and vote. If there is anybody who wants to say something on this topic, or about the debate we can use this forum, as well as any Theists, or Atheists who have something they think will be beneficial to the debate they can use this forum.

Sounds like it'll be an interesting debate, good luck.
cabio
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 9:43:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 7:20:11 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:34:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?

Well I am not sure about the literally first thing but being very much a pessimist I'll still be doubting. Maybe I am still alive and I am merely hallucinating, maybe consciousness projection is possible but once all electrical activity in the brain stops I'll be truly dead. It would take a while for me to accept I was a disembodied spirit.

Cerebral you are everything most atheist fight theist to say they are not, you say you are miserable because you can't believe in god, have no morals, talks about the greatness of having faith. Most atheists that debate think these are ridiculous.

Cerebral is just being intellectually honest in following his beliefs to their logical conclusions.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 10:45:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The only real negative about being an atheist is how society tends to treat you when they find out. If the other aspects are the things that bother you, there are other psychological problems that you have to work out.

Oddly enough, there are plenty of beliefs in religion that would only seem to bother someone who is incredibly narcissistic if they weren't true. I just find that funny because of C_N's name.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 10:51:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 10:45:05 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The only real negative about being an atheist is how society tends to treat you when they find out. If the other aspects are the things that bother you, there are other psychological problems that you have to work out.

Oddly enough, there are plenty of beliefs in religion that would only seem to bother someone who is incredibly narcissistic if they weren't true. I just find that funny because of C_N's name.

Maybe I need a name change?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 10:54:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 10:51:32 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 10:45:05 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The only real negative about being an atheist is how society tends to treat you when they find out. If the other aspects are the things that bother you, there are other psychological problems that you have to work out.

Oddly enough, there are plenty of beliefs in religion that would only seem to bother someone who is incredibly narcissistic if they weren't true. I just find that funny because of C_N's name.

Maybe I need a name change?

If you are sick of the name, sure. It has a nice ring to it though.

It would be cooler with a different avatar though. Black and White photos of mad sciency looking types.

http://www.thereminvox.com...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 7:01:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 6:34:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:25:44 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/12/2011 6:15:18 AM, Moroni23 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 4:42:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Through, not threw.

And why don't you challenge a real atheist?

Thanks haha, and good point, I have a lot of respect for you and your views, I just had a chip on my shoulder, I tell you what, if izbo declines, you can have it.

I am actually in two minds on this subject, I believe that science is, and will be the death of many religions but at the same time sort of it will be bastardised to form new religions.

It already happens, "woah like scientists say that everything vibrates, so like my quartz vibrates, thats how it cured my cancer man".

So we have the same idea, it will be interesting to see how the future will play out. I have a question for you, off topic, what happens if you die, and your standing outside of your body looking down. Whats the first thing thats going to go threw your mind?

Well I am not sure about the literally first thing but being very much a pessimist I'll still be doubting. Maybe I am still alive and I am merely hallucinating, maybe consciousness projection is possible but once all electrical activity in the brain stops I'll be truly dead. It would take a while for me to accept I was a disembodied spirit.

Hahaha nice... If it means anything I'm the same way, if I die, and I find out my religion (or way of thinking) was wrong, I'd resist for quite a while.