Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

the failure of prayer.

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:59:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am going to start off by deflecting the intellectually dishonest position that what I am proposing is a straw man of how christians view of god. In Texas governor Perry ran a pray meeting asking for god to intervene and turn Texas and America's situation around. Our last president prayed and believed he got guidance from god on foreign policy. Many children have died because people prayed to god for healing. So, before you go screaming straw man, understand that if you don't think prayer is a way of asking for god to intervene this does not apply to you, but it still applies to many, many people.

Prayer has failed time and time again. Texas wildfires burned out of control destroying many forests and the united states economy has shown no signs of improvement after this prayer. A famour prayer study has been done where intercessary prayer failed to help heart patients heal, it actually appeared to cause performance anxiety, making the situation worse. Prayer has failed so many tests, yet christians continue to believe this. The failure of this prayer is significant evidence against the existence of this god.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:34:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This isn't evidence against God so much as it is evidence against prayer used in this fashion.

As Jesus said in Matthew 6

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

So what are these politicians doing wrong from the get go? They are politicizing their religion because they know that most people are stupid, and stupid people elect people based on religion.

Jesus then goes on to say, and you may already be familiar with this, but pay close attention.

"This, then, is how you should pray:

"‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.'"

Right away, what does it say at the top?

‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Praying for God's will to be done is like asking a dog to eat its own sh!t. It's going to happen whether you pray for it or not.

The purpose of prayer has always been psychological. The purpose of prayer is to bring about mental stability so that you do what you know is right instead of sliding back into behaviors you know are not helpful.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:47:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

I didn't pay too much attention to the translation I grabbed, I just went for the first one that popped up.

The KJV is more appealing to the ear though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 4:05:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Our father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done.
On earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our debts
As we have forgiven our debtors;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
And the power,
And the glory,
Forever.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 4:20:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
this is the one I remember:

Our father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us..
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil

then the priest says stuff about dleivering us from Every evil. power and glory is yours Forever and Evvvveeerrrrrr...
then everyone says AAAMMEEEENNNNN!!!!!!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 4:28:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course, when you repeat something like a mantra your whole life, it is rare that you actually think about what it means.

Like, you know, the pledge of allegiance.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 4:30:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 4:28:26 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
burrito

again,

CHIMICHANGA!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:55:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Prayer can't work in most instances without God removing someone else's freewill. Case in point, murderers and murder victims.

Victim pleads with her attacker, "Please, don't kill me! I have a family!" After seeing how unmoved the killer is, the next step is to ask for intercession from God. "Dear, Lord, protect me! Save me!"

If God is going to intercede, then he removes the killer's ability to act upon his freewill. No matter how you slice it, someone benefits and someone loses something via prayer.

Look at the Civil War as a prime example. Both sides prayed to the exact same God for victory. How must God choose who to spare, when both sides are praying for their side to be victorious? What did it amount to except for over 100,000 dead men, and twice as many horribly maimed men?

Have faith as small as a mustard seed and tell mountains to throw themselves in to the sea? With God all things are possible? And yet not one mountain has ever picked itself up and thrown itself in to the sea. Never. Ever.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 4:53:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 1:59:50 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am going to start off by deflecting the intellectually dishonest position that what I am proposing is a straw man of how christians view of god. In Texas governor Perry ran a pray meeting asking for god to intervene and turn Texas and America's situation around. Our last president prayed and believed he got guidance from god on foreign policy. Many children have died because people prayed to god for healing. So, before you go screaming straw man, understand that if you don't think prayer is a way of asking for god to intervene this does not apply to you, but it still applies to many, many people.

Prayer has failed time and time again. Texas wildfires burned out of control destroying many forests and the united states economy has shown no signs of improvement after this prayer. A famour prayer study has been done where intercessary prayer failed to help heart patients heal, it actually appeared to cause performance anxiety, making the situation worse. Prayer has failed so many tests, yet christians continue to believe this. The failure of this prayer is significant evidence against the existence of this god.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.


God is not a VENDING MACHINE: He knows when people are 'praying' for the benefit of men or votes etc and when they are in earnest.
The Cross.. the Cross.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:07:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 4:53:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/12/2011 1:59:50 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I am going to start off by deflecting the intellectually dishonest position that what I am proposing is a straw man of how christians view of god. In Texas governor Perry ran a pray meeting asking for god to intervene and turn Texas and America's situation around. Our last president prayed and believed he got guidance from god on foreign policy. Many children have died because people prayed to god for healing. So, before you go screaming straw man, understand that if you don't think prayer is a way of asking for god to intervene this does not apply to you, but it still applies to many, many people.

Prayer has failed time and time again. Texas wildfires burned out of control destroying many forests and the united states economy has shown no signs of improvement after this prayer. A famour prayer study has been done where intercessary prayer failed to help heart patients heal, it actually appeared to cause performance anxiety, making the situation worse. Prayer has failed so many tests, yet christians continue to believe this. The failure of this prayer is significant evidence against the existence of this god.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.


God is not a VENDING MACHINE: He knows when people are 'praying' for the benefit of men or votes etc and when they are in earnest.

lol the prayers are powerful and EFFECTIVE. Yet in reality so terribly ineffective. Here is more for you to ponder:

John 14: 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 21:21-22 And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Matthew 18:19-20 Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.

Mark 11:24-25 Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.

Luke 11:9-13 And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:51:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.

No retard boy, SOME Christians, maybe even most believe in an interventionist God. Not all Christians.

Therefore you have disproven ONE CONCEPTION of God, you have not disproven God.

Is that distinction so hard? It's common sense logic you intellectually bankrupt worm. But then you can't even grasp objectivity.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:52:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:51:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.

No retard boy, SOME Christians, maybe even most believe in an interventionist God. Not all Christians.

Therefore you have disproven ONE CONCEPTION of God, you have not disproven God.

Is that distinction so hard? It's common sense logic you intellectually bankrupt worm. But then you can't even grasp objectivity.

Sorry, buddy that christian is being very intellectually dishonest as the bible is very clear that god is suppose to answer prayer. It is very basic, just making $hit up as they go is not a way to find truth.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:54:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:52:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:51:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.

No retard boy, SOME Christians, maybe even most believe in an interventionist God. Not all Christians.

Therefore you have disproven ONE CONCEPTION of God, you have not disproven God.

Is that distinction so hard? It's common sense logic you intellectually bankrupt worm. But then you can't even grasp objectivity.

Sorry, buddy that christian is being very intellectually dishonest as the bible is very clear that god is suppose to answer prayer. It is very basic, just making $hit up as they go is not a way to find truth.

So, before you go screaming straw man, understand that if you don't think prayer is a way of asking for god to intervene this does not apply to you, but it still applies to many, many people.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:58:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:52:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:51:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.

No retard boy, SOME Christians, maybe even most believe in an interventionist God. Not all Christians.

Therefore you have disproven ONE CONCEPTION of God, you have not disproven God.

Is that distinction so hard? It's common sense logic you intellectually bankrupt worm. But then you can't even grasp objectivity.

Sorry, buddy that christian is being very intellectually dishonest as the bible is very clear that god is suppose to answer prayer. It is very basic, just making $hit up as they go is not a way to find truth.

Well then that Christian has good company with you.

The problem that you are too monumentally stupid to grasp is when you are gunning for the Christian God there is conceptually more than one, because the attributes of that God vary from cult to cult. The Bible is very clear on a number of things, such as homosexuality being punishable by death and perfectly cool at the same time, if Christians based their faith solely on the Bible, and if that Bible were a clear document we would have an easier time of it.

Youur argument screws over most sects, not all. Go get a fuckin education.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 8:02:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:58:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:52:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:51:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.

No retard boy, SOME Christians, maybe even most believe in an interventionist God. Not all Christians.

Therefore you have disproven ONE CONCEPTION of God, you have not disproven God.

Is that distinction so hard? It's common sense logic you intellectually bankrupt worm. But then you can't even grasp objectivity.

Sorry, buddy that christian is being very intellectually dishonest as the bible is very clear that god is suppose to answer prayer. It is very basic, just making $hit up as they go is not a way to find truth.

Well then that Christian has good company with you.

The problem that you are too monumentally stupid to grasp is when you are gunning for the Christian God there is conceptually more than one, because the attributes of that God vary from cult to cult. The Bible is very clear on a number of things, such as homosexuality being punishable by death and perfectly cool at the same time, if Christians based their faith solely on the Bible, and if that Bible were a clear document we would have an easier time of it.

Youur argument screws over most sects, not all. Go get a fuckin education.

Why don't you, you missed the entire part where i prefaced this fact, fuckin moron. You are a fuckin moron. Philosophy has not proven to be your strong hold over me, and I am yet to see you come close to touching any of my points on biblical historical criticism, so I would probably avoid any further discussion of the bible with me, jackass.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 8:16:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 8:02:12 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:58:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:52:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:51:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:47:03 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:34:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:08:34 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/12/2011 2:43:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes it is an argument against a religion not against a God as such, also I doubt that Jesus was actually opposed to public prayer. Probably just opposed to hypocritical lip service.

And I much prefer the old version of that prayer.

Once again you failed to understand my point, this does disprove a christian god who answers prayers.

Once again you fail to understand base simple everyday logic.

No you do, if god is defined within the christian sense who answers prayers, this particular god does not exist. The key is the god who answers prayers does not exist. You have never been accused of being bright.

No retard boy, SOME Christians, maybe even most believe in an interventionist God. Not all Christians.

Therefore you have disproven ONE CONCEPTION of God, you have not disproven God.

Is that distinction so hard? It's common sense logic you intellectually bankrupt worm. But then you can't even grasp objectivity.

Sorry, buddy that christian is being very intellectually dishonest as the bible is very clear that god is suppose to answer prayer. It is very basic, just making $hit up as they go is not a way to find truth.

Well then that Christian has good company with you.

The problem that you are too monumentally stupid to grasp is when you are gunning for the Christian God there is conceptually more than one, because the attributes of that God vary from cult to cult. The Bible is very clear on a number of things, such as homosexuality being punishable by death and perfectly cool at the same time, if Christians based their faith solely on the Bible, and if that Bible were a clear document we would have an easier time of it.

Youur argument screws over most sects, not all. Go get a fuckin education.

Why don't you, you missed the entire part where i prefaced this fact, fuckin moron. You are a fuckin moron. Philosophy has not proven to be your strong hold over me, and I am yet to see you come close to touching any of my points on biblical historical criticism, so I would probably avoid any further discussion of the bible with me, jackass.

Jesus fuckin Christ... that is why I was in full fuckin agreement with you! How fuckin stupid are you? What sort ot utterly moronic piece of cvnt are you? Were your parents brother and sister? Did you smoke a lot of crack whilst filling out college applications, because one thing is certain you never got there. If this sustained stupidity is not on purpose then please take a knife to your genitalia because you have no place breeding.

I was in full agreement with you, a posted a logical addition and you failed to understand it. It was so painfully simple... to everyone else in the whole fvcking world.

New words need to be developed, just to explain how stupid you are.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.