Total Posts:95|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Pick the Bible Over Bhagavad Gita?

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a dark religion in my opinion.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 3:30:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM, Tiel wrote:
Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a dark religion in my opinion.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light."

Duh, Tiel, get with the program.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 3:30:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because I am not familar with the book and it contains others gods than mine.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 3:34:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 3:30:07 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because I am not familar with the book

You're not familiar with the most popular scripture of the 3rd largest religion in the world, Hinduism??

and it contains others gods than mine.

By what means did you choose your God? Why believe the Bible God instead of Quran God (Allah) or Vedic God (Brahman)?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 4:05:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
C'mon, there's a lot of intelligent Christians on this site, none of you have an answer, preferably an adequate one?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 4:08:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 3:30:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM, Tiel wrote:
Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a negative and undesirable religion in my opinion.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light."

Duh, Tiel, get with the program.

Semantics - Fixed
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:03:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 4:08:15 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:30:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM, Tiel wrote:
Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a negative and undesirable religion in my opinion.

Why does that matter?

There is no evidence for its claims. That's the only reason one needs to discount it.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light."

Duh, Tiel, get with the program.

Semantics - Fixed
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:17:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 6:03:48 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/13/2011 4:08:15 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:30:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM, Tiel wrote:
Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a negative and undesirable religion in my opinion.

Why does that matter?

Why doesn't it matter?

There is no evidence for its claims. That's the only reason one needs to discount it.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light."

Duh, Tiel, get with the program.

Semantics - Fixed
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:51:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 6:17:51 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/13/2011 6:03:48 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/13/2011 4:08:15 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:30:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM, Tiel wrote:
Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a negative and undesirable religion in my opinion.

Why does that matter?

Why doesn't it matter?

There is no evidence for its claims. That's the only reason one needs to discount it.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light."

Duh, Tiel, get with the program.

Semantics - Fixed

You said you wouldn't want to belive in the bible, pointing out that its negative and undisirable. These traits aren't criteria for justified belief. The only criteria for a justified belief is veracity. Therefore, the undisarability or negativity of one or more claims don't matter when one decides on whether or not to believe the claim(s). Only the veracity matters.

This is the epistimic difference between the religion and non-religious mind.

I think Christianity is a horrible religion but I disbelieve its claims because there is no evidence for them. Not because they are undisirable.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:13:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 6:51:38 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/13/2011 6:17:51 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/13/2011 6:03:48 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/13/2011 4:08:15 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:30:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/13/2011 3:11:29 PM, Tiel wrote:
Good questions Geo. I am interested in seeing the responses. Personally, the bible is one of the last religious books I would ever want to believe in. It's a negative and undesirable religion in my opinion.

Why does that matter?

Why doesn't it matter?

There is no evidence for its claims. That's the only reason one needs to discount it.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light."

Duh, Tiel, get with the program.

Semantics - Fixed

You said you wouldn't want to belive in the bible, pointing out that its negative and undisirable. These traits aren't criteria for justified belief. The only criteria for a justified belief is veracity. Therefore, the undisarability or negativity of one or more claims don't matter when one decides on whether or not to believe the claim(s). Only the veracity matters.

This is the epistimic difference between the religion and non-religious mind.

I think Christianity is a horrible religion but I disbelieve its claims because there is no evidence for them. Not because they are undisirable.

You are entitled to think about it however you wish. More power to you.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:29:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 6:51:38 PM, vbaculum wrote:
You said you wouldn't want to belive in the bible, pointing out that its negative and undisirable. These traits aren't criteria for justified belief.

He didn't say that it's criteria for justified belief. He implied it's criteria for what he wants to believe. He said he wouldn't WANT to believe in Christianity because it is "negative and undesirable." He didn't say that "Christianity is negative and undesirable, therefore it's false."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:37:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:29:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 6:51:38 PM, vbaculum wrote:
You said you wouldn't want to belive in the bible, pointing out that its negative and undisirable. These traits aren't criteria for justified belief.

He didn't say that it's criteria for justified belief. He implied it's criteria for what he wants to believe. He said he wouldn't WANT to believe in Christianity because it is "negative and undesirable." He didn't say that "Christianity is negative and undesirable, therefore it's false."

Yeah, I realize all that. I permitted myself to read between the lines a little because I sensed a wishful thinking bias in the way he worded his comment. He could have pointed out what you did, as he has already responded, but he didn't, leaving me with the impression that I was right in inferring a wishful thinking bias.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 7:44:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All Gods and all religious texts are false and man made.... except ones own.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Jon1
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 8:11:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

I tried to read Bhagavad Gita but got bored by it (eh, I'll just read a summary of it). Also, I am a Christian so I am more likely to read Christian scriptures over the rest.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:58:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's because this is the west and most people in the west are most accustomed to the Abrahamic religions, particularly Christianity. Most westerners have never even read Hindu or Jain texts except for those who actually take classes on comparative religion and such. I also think the opposite is likely true in India and other places where Hinduism is prominent.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:02:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Obviously an omnibenevolent God would base salvation on a geographic lottery!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Jon1
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:16:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 11:02:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Obviously an omnibenevolent God would base salvation on a geographic lottery!

Or on your personal response to what you're given. It could be both, really, though the latter, from what I have read, applies to Yahweh.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?
The Cross.. the Cross.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:20:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?

So, when Jesus was revealing himself to you did you guys talk about how Hinduism is a falsehood?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:37:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 10:20:17 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?

So, when Jesus was revealing himself to you did you guys talk about how Hinduism is a falsehood?

Also, don't people from all religions say similar things. I admit I don't have any citation for this (I'm sure I could find some) but I think most religious people, regardless of the religion, have revealatory experiences with the "supernatural" figures of their own religions. Perhaps, sometimes they reveal themselves to warn the revealee of the falsehood of other religions (such as Christianity).
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 12:39:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?

And the Hindu says it was Krishna who revealed Himself to him and salvation comes from him alone.

Why should a Hindu waste his time with Christianity?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 3:50:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 7:37:15 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/13/2011 7:29:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 6:51:38 PM, vbaculum wrote:
You said you wouldn't want to belive in the bible, pointing out that its negative and undisirable. These traits aren't criteria for justified belief.

He didn't say that it's criteria for justified belief. He implied it's criteria for what he wants to believe. He said he wouldn't WANT to believe in Christianity because it is "negative and undesirable." He didn't say that "Christianity is negative and undesirable, therefore it's false."

Yeah, I realize all that. I permitted myself to read between the lines a little because I sensed a wishful thinking bias in the way he worded his comment. He could have pointed out what you did, as he has already responded, but he didn't, leaving me with the impression that I was right in inferring a wishful thinking bias.

Read into it however you want. My words were clear. Don't make them something they are not.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 3:55:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I feel that western religion in general is unhealthy to the human spirit. Eastern spirituality is much more sound and desirable in my opinion. Most of my spiritual values and beliefs were derived from the east. Though I don't find one to be the "true" way above the rest.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 4:19:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 3:55:42 PM, Tiel wrote:
I feel that western religion in general is unhealthy to the human spirit. Eastern spirituality is much more sound and desirable in my opinion. Most of my spiritual values and beliefs were derived from the east. Though I don't find one to be the "true" way above the rest.

The "true" way to what?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 6:33:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 4:19:01 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/14/2011 3:55:42 PM, Tiel wrote:
I feel that western religion in general is unhealthy to the human spirit. Eastern spirituality is much more sound and desirable in my opinion. Most of my spiritual values and beliefs were derived from the east. Though I don't find one to be the "true" way above the rest.

The "true" way to what?

It's a relative statement. The answer can be different according to the individual answering.

In my case, the "true way" was in reference to truly understanding spirituality, life and death, actuality, enlightenment, ascension, etc.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:40:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 10:20:17 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?

So, when Jesus was revealing himself to you did you guys talk about how Hinduism is a falsehood?

No, but my obvious starting point were His very words to me: "I Am the truth, he (satan) is the lie."

Since then, through the grace of the Holy Spirit, I have come to understand that Hinduism (and it's western manifestation, the New Age movement) is the VERY antithesis of reality, as revealed through The Gospel of Jesus Christ:

Hinduism states that all is one and one is all.

Johns gospel states that:

John 1:5
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.


If light is darkness and darkness light then neither thing exists..

If good is evil and evil good then neither exists..

If God is all and all is God then He does not exist..

He does! and He's very very good..
The Cross.. the Cross.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 7:05:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 5:40:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/14/2011 10:20:17 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?

So, when Jesus was revealing himself to you did you guys talk about how Hinduism is a falsehood?

No, but my obvious starting point were His very words to me: "I Am the truth, he (satan) is the lie."

Since then, through the grace of the Holy Spirit, I have come to understand that Hinduism (and it's western manifestation, the New Age movement) is the VERY antithesis of reality, as revealed through The Gospel of Jesus Christ:

Hinduism states that all is one and one is all.

Johns gospel states that:

John 1:5
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.


If light is darkness and darkness light then neither thing exists..

If good is evil and evil good then neither exists..

If God is all and all is God then He does not exist..

He does! and He's very very good..

Meaning? In simple words?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 4:50:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 7:05:47 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 9/19/2011 5:40:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/14/2011 10:20:17 AM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/14/2011 5:07:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/13/2011 1:24:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is to the Christians specifically or to any religious person who picked a scripture over the Bhagavad Gita.

What was your reason for picking the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita?

Why do you dismiss the Bhagavad Gita as a false doctrine?

To those who are wishful thinkers, why do you even WANT to believe the Bible over the Bhagavad Gita, or to make my case stronger, why choose the Bible over Jain scripture?

Because it was Jesus Christ Who revealed Himself to Me, and salvation comes from Him alone.

So, why should I waste my time on falsehoods?

So, when Jesus was revealing himself to you did you guys talk about how Hinduism is a falsehood?

No, but my obvious starting point were His very words to me: "I Am the truth, he (satan) is the lie."

Since then, through the grace of the Holy Spirit, I have come to understand that Hinduism (and it's western manifestation, the New Age movement) is the VERY antithesis of reality, as revealed through The Gospel of Jesus Christ:

Hinduism states that all is one and one is all.

Johns gospel states that:

John 1:5
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.


If light is darkness and darkness light then neither thing exists..

If good is evil and evil good then neither exists..

If God is all and all is God then He does not exist..

He does! and He's very very good..

Meaning? In simple words?

That if there is no distinction or differation then nothing really exists at all..

If we say 'God is all' then there might as well be no God.. as God is distinguished by what He is not as much as by what He is..

As all things are; red is red not only because it is red but ALSO because it is NOT any of the other colours..
The Cross.. the Cross.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 7:08:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 4:50:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
That if there is no distinction or differation then nothing really exists at all..

OR

we have no way of getting an "objective" understanding that Ultimate reality..

we have Our own perspective to see things through.. and have no claim to objectively Knowing the nature of reality/"God" if you like :P
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."