Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Sex and Religion.

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:14:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

I am going to stay within the realm of the 3 abrahamic religions,as that is my area of knowledge. Religion and the prohibition of premarital sex and sex for pleasure had a mutually beneficial relationship. Religion at first promoted this and benefited in that it made the people feel like they were bad for having these urges, and even possibly caring this out. Religion was then able to sell he cure for this guilt which was their god. This in situations where proper birth control was not available would have a benefit to society in that societies don't tend to do as well when everyone is out procreating with everyone. Now that the situation has changed and we have advances, that benefit to society is not so much, but religion holds onto the stigma of sex to try to keep people buying their cure.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:18:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.

it is but all it takes is a little knowledge on the subject to understand what he is looking for.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
heart_of_the_matter
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:30:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

All sexual relations are to be only between a husband and wife who are legally and lawfully married.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:38:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:18:52 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.

it is but all it takes is a little knowledge on the subject to understand what he is looking for.

Until you are willing to learn basic terms like objectivity or face me in a debate I will react with such comments with the scorn they deserve.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:42:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:38:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:18:52 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.

it is but all it takes is a little knowledge on the subject to understand what he is looking for.

Until you are willing to learn basic terms like objectivity or face me in a debate I will react with such comments with the scorn they deserve.

I challenged you to a debate, you refused to debate me on objective morality on the grounds that for some reason even though there is no objective morality, you thought i was obligated to follow a moral rule of fairness, and you are still too stupid to get this, now stop hijacking this thread and let people of a certain level of intelligence, well above yours discuss this interesting topic, you have added nothing to. Though as a side note its not that hard to be above your intelligence as earthworms are well above your intelligence.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:47:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:42:11 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:38:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:18:52 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.

it is but all it takes is a little knowledge on the subject to understand what he is looking for.

Until you are willing to learn basic terms like objectivity or face me in a debate I will react with such comments with the scorn they deserve.

I challenged you to a debate, you refused to debate me on objective morality on the grounds that for some reason even though there is no objective morality, you thought i was obligated to follow a moral rule of fairness,

I never expressed that opinion. You fail.

and you are still too stupid to get this, now stop hijacking this thread and let people of a certain level of intelligence, well above yours discuss this interesting topic, you have added nothing to. Though as a side note its not that hard to be above your intelligence as earthworms are well above your intelligence.

You attack me, I remind you that you have no place even being here and you whine about an argument you lost and say that I hijacked the thread?

You call me stupid for being a nihilist yet all your favourite authors are nihilists, you call me stupid yet I taught you objectivity, you call me stupid yet you believe that atheists can not use inductive reasoning nor speak of morality.

Until you are willing to defend your views you have no right to be here.

Now stop derailing threads you petty little man.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:49:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:47:46 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:42:11 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:38:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:18:52 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.

it is but all it takes is a little knowledge on the subject to understand what he is looking for.

Until you are willing to learn basic terms like objectivity or face me in a debate I will react with such comments with the scorn they deserve.

I challenged you to a debate, you refused to debate me on objective morality on the grounds that for some reason even though there is no objective morality, you thought i was obligated to follow a moral rule of fairness,

I never expressed that opinion. You fail.

and you are still too stupid to get this, now stop hijacking this thread and let people of a certain level of intelligence, well above yours discuss this interesting topic, you have added nothing to. Though as a side note its not that hard to be above your intelligence as earthworms are well above your intelligence.

You attack me, I remind you that you have no place even being here and you whine about an argument you lost and say that I hijacked the thread?

You call me stupid for being a nihilist yet all your favourite authors are nihilists, you call me stupid yet I taught you objectivity, you call me stupid yet you believe that atheists can not use inductive reasoning nor speak of morality.

Until you are willing to defend your views you have no right to be here.

Now stop derailing threads you petty little man.

wow pot meet kettle, great straw man. I have no problem with atheists discussing morality, and I have repeatedly cited inductive reasoning as reasons to believe things, you sir are just too stupid to grasp that.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:57:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:49:44 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:47:46 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:42:11 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:38:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:18:52 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:15:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

In what context? The question is a littlle vague.

it is but all it takes is a little knowledge on the subject to understand what he is looking for.

Until you are willing to learn basic terms like objectivity or face me in a debate I will react with such comments with the scorn they deserve.

I challenged you to a debate, you refused to debate me on objective morality on the grounds that for some reason even though there is no objective morality, you thought i was obligated to follow a moral rule of fairness,

I never expressed that opinion. You fail.

and you are still too stupid to get this, now stop hijacking this thread and let people of a certain level of intelligence, well above yours discuss this interesting topic, you have added nothing to. Though as a side note its not that hard to be above your intelligence as earthworms are well above your intelligence.

You attack me, I remind you that you have no place even being here and you whine about an argument you lost and say that I hijacked the thread?

You call me stupid for being a nihilist yet all your favourite authors are nihilists, you call me stupid yet I taught you objectivity, you call me stupid yet you believe that atheists can not use inductive reasoning nor speak of morality.

Until you are willing to defend your views you have no right to be here.

Now stop derailing threads you petty little man.

wow pot meet kettle, great straw man. I have no problem with atheists discussing morality, and I have repeatedly cited inductive reasoning as reasons to believe things, you sir are just too stupid to grasp that.

I am not even going to read your whiney pathetic crap anymore, I've already told you take it to my inbox, or challenge me to a debate. Everyone is bored of you now.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:58:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

Sorry about Izbo, have your thread back.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:00:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

You'll have to elaborate. That's so vague.
Moroni23
Posts: 235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:20:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

No homosextuality, and wait till your married.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 2:03:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

Usually, I'm not thinking about religion during sex.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 5:45:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

Sex is a beautiful gift from God that should be enjoyed between a married man and woman in private.

The enemy has made it into an ugly shame endured by everyone in the public realm..
The Cross.. the Cross.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:33:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:30:06 PM, heart_of_the_matter wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

All sexual relations are to be only between a husband and wife who are legally and lawfully married.

Do you think premarital sex, sex between members of the same sex, or threesomes should be outlawed or does this view on sexuality only apply to your religion?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:41:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

The preacherman says sex is something that is truly horrible and vile and perverted that you reserve for the person you love most.
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:42:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 8:33:20 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:30:06 PM, heart_of_the_matter wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

All sexual relations are to be only between a husband and wife who are legally and lawfully married.

Do you think premarital sex, sex between members of the same sex, or threesomes should be outlawed or does this view on sexuality only apply to your religion?

Outlawed
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:44:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hedonism and sex as the main objectives... Hmmmmm.....
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:48:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 8:42:38 AM, Calvincambridge wrote:
At 9/17/2011 8:33:20 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:30:06 PM, heart_of_the_matter wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:04:38 PM, tudaloo wrote:
What are you thoughts about Religion when it comes to sex?

All sexual relations are to be only between a husband and wife who are legally and lawfully married.

Do you think premarital sex, sex between members of the same sex, or threesomes should be outlawed or does this view on sexuality only apply to your religion?

Outlawed

Have fun in Saudi Arabia bro.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 1:58:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A priest once said to me: 'nothing has ruined good sex like bad religion, and nothing has ruined good religion like bad sex'.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 3:00:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is only logical to assume that people will engage in sexual activity for different reasons at different points in their life. Sometimes for fun, sometimes with a little love, and sometimes will full devotion to the person. This is the most practical and logical way to think about human sexual relations. Some religions try to restrict this by saying that some powerful entity forbids sex before marriage. Marriage is something that has become twisted from it's original form. The union between two people need not be an "official" commitment made before a certain man or woman. Originally a union between two people was made in the heart of both people. This is the true commitment of marriage. The true emotion involved with a union of love. The church wanted you to fear this entity and forbid this practice because it was one of the most profound way to gain control over a person in that era. If you could control their sexual activity through fear of judgment, then you have gained a considerable amount of control over that person in totality. Though even this fails most of the time. You can't restrict sexual activity between two people who have made the connection (union) of love in their heart. Nor can you restrict people from having sex out of entertainment. The church has had to learn this the hard way throughout the centuries. Many of it's own order have fallen prey to the natural desires that we were created with.

To deny your desires is to deny your existence. God knows this. It is the greatest test of the spirit. To choose to do what's right even when your supposed authority says otherwise. The test is to see if you will use your free will even when your fear tells you to follow. The test of religion is to understand it's true purpose. The purpose is to be yourself always as you were created. To learn and practice what true right in wrong is without intervention or manipulation from an outside source. to become and live as who you truly are in all of your individuality, never to follow another through fear. The joke is on the people who fail to understand the ultimate test....

To to choose and understand God as an individual, not as a follower. To live with love, compassion, and courage. Not hate, judgement, and fear. Once you learn this, pure and true happiness follows. Once you learn this, you have become enlightened and you can finally be the free spirit you were intended to be. Once you pass this test.... You will finally understand religion and spirituality.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."