Cerebral and his quote mine

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:30:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Love his new sig:

I am going to lay out how moral nihilism is a logically inconsistent worldview once and for all. Moral nihilism says that there are no objective morals. This is a value judgement of right or wrong. Either it is right or wrong to say there are objective morals. What type of right and wrong is it? Well if its a moral right or wrong the position is obviously self refuting and fails.

He quotes me as saying this. Which is a true statement, but what he possibly could be doing(not sure he is this bright) is altering the context. If he had taken the time to put the full paragraph in he would show that I don't actually think that is the right and wrong a real moral nihilist would be talking about. Here is the full paragraph to show his intellectual dishonesty.

I am going to lay out how moral nihilism is a logically inconsistent worldview once and for all. Moral nihilism says that there are no objective morals. This is a value judgement of right or wrong. Either it is right or wrong to say there are objective morals. What type of right and wrong is it? Well if its a moral right or wrong the position is obviously self refuting and fails. There is a second more likely possibility of it saying there are objective right and wrongs in logic.

Meaning I am, get this, saying they are probably not referring to moral rights and wrongs, but right and wrong ways of logic. Could this idiot be any more stupid, I mean seriously?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:38:50 AM
If you honestly feel that the last line redeems your gibberish then I'll include it. No doubt you will find something else to whine about that will be equally exciting.

Though if believed that your refutation made any sense you would be willing to debate it. Your complaint resolved and your cowardice affirmed I shall endeavour to not post on this troll thread again.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:39:58 AM
At 9/14/2011 8:38:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If you honestly feel that the last line redeems your gibberish then I'll include it. No doubt you will find something else to whine about that will be equally exciting.

Though if believed that your refutation made any sense you would be willing to debate it. Your complaint resolved and your cowardice affirmed I shall endeavour to not post on this troll thread again.

What it does is makes the context say the exact opposite of what you quote mine says.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:40:26 AM
Oh nuts... one last thing... you don't care about taking my comments out of context and putting them in your sig! Ever the hyprocrite, expecting others to follow your 'objective' moral laws when you yourself don't.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:42:40 AM
At 9/14/2011 8:40:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Oh nuts... one last thing... you don't care about taking my comments out of context and putting them in your sig! Ever the hyprocrite, expecting others to follow your 'objective' moral laws when you yourself don't.

No, I only put your quotes in context, you just fail to understand the conclusions of your statements. I just draw the conclusion from your statements.