Jump to topic:

Freewill

Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 7:58:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Did freewill come from God? After initial sin Adam and Eve left the garden and had the ability to make choices for themselves, but was this really the being of our difference from any other mammals or apes? Do you consider being able to make personal decisions, but primarily acting like other mammals (as hunter and gathers)? Would it be more accurate to say that freewill came from the invention and use of tools, agriculture, specialization of labor, or when complex society started to form and morals finally came into play? When do you think humans finally revived true "freewill", and why did we gain this ability to choice?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:00:34 PM
Freewill only exists from a relative standpoint.

The universe is fundamentally deterministic. Free will is an illusion. We are basically meaty robots.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:23:52 PM
At 9/14/2011 7:58:41 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Did freewill come from God? After initial sin Adam and Eve left the garden and had the ability to make choices for themselves, but was this really the being of our difference from any other mammals or apes? Do you consider being able to make personal decisions, but primarily acting like other mammals (as hunter and gathers)? Would it be more accurate to say that freewill came from the invention and use of tools, agriculture, specialization of labor, or when complex society started to form and morals finally came into play? When do you think humans finally revived true "freewill", and why did we gain this ability to choice?

You seriously think that hunters and gatherers didn't have free will and lived like animals? That clearly shows your lack of intellectual capacity.

Even my dog has free will.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:28:00 PM
Tiel is resorting to insulting people in every post he makes now.

It's almost time for him to get another account.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:29:36 PM
At 9/14/2011 8:28:00 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

lol I noticed that too. Looks like we've got a potential troll in our midst
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:16:01 PM

I have no reason to get another account mr. woo. Deal with my current attitude or go find another website.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:17:14 PM
At 9/14/2011 8:29:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

Again, you obviously don't know what a troll is. Idiot.

A troll is someone who posts something for no other reason other than to get a rise out of someone. I can insult you and not be troll. Learn the difference moron.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:35:47 PM
U: At 9/14/2011 9:17:14 PM, Tiel wrote:

A troll is someone who posts something for no other reason other than to get a rise out of someone. I can insult you and not be troll. Learn the difference moron.

Fail troll is fail.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 1:57:27 AM
Accepting free will automatically rejects your phantom omnipotent fears. Free will in the face of such a being would be laughable.

Since I experience my free will daily (among other reasons), I reject such a being.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 1:59:10 AM
At 9/14/2011 9:16:01 PM, Tiel wrote:

I have no reason to get another account mr. woo. Deal with my current attitude or go find another website.

You know why I said that. Don't pretend you don't. History repeats itself. Only this time, you'll be without a kidney.
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 6:22:52 AM
Free Will cannot be created because choice is it's prerequisite.

If god were Shakespeare

To create choice, or not to create choice, that must already be the question...

so even god couldn't have chosen choice....

What to you guys think...? Will it be understood by the bias advocates of the ghost in the machine?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
SPACKlick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 6:33:04 AM
Did freewill come from God? After initial sin Adam and Eve left the garden and had the ability to make choices for themselves,

they already ahd the choice to eat the apple, so even ACCEPTING your ridiculous premise of a real God, Adam, Eve, Garden of Eden etc. The answer would be no.
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 6:39:05 AM
At 9/15/2011 6:22:52 AM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:

Free Will cannot be created because choice is it's prerequisite.

If god were Shakespeare

To create choice, or not to create choice, that must already be the question...

so even god couldn't have chosen choice....

What to you guys think...? Will it be understood by the bias advocates of the ghost in the machine?

Would i be thinking the same thoughts if my brain chemistry where different?

breath to fast, or to slow, and your mind suffers obvious consequences.

so many questions plague me on this topic.

{(I was thinking that this may count as evidence to some but definitely not all. It seems relevant) when i was thinking about all the people in the world that may have tried to imagine the highest number possible} every number would be instantly trumped when realized. immediate limitation.
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 5:39:12 AM

The account of the Garden of Eden is really about freewilll; If God did not put the choice to rebel against Him (the tree of knowledge) then He would not have given them free-will.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:08:15 PM
At 9/17/2011 5:39:12 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The account of the Garden of Eden is really about freewilll; If God did not put the choice to rebel against Him (the tree of knowledge) then He would not have given them free-will.

Would there be an issue if god could rebel against himself, would we just be that, or is god impotent to this level of power.

Does god even have a choice in this, or is so God crystalline in his decision that he is subject to an unchanging railroad track. Free will itself is a married bachelor in as much as, if one is free to choose, one has no choice but to be free.
hotdog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:07:55 AM

Free will is a quality of the soul or consciousness - it's an inseparable part of consciousness. As such it's eternal - it's always existed and wasn't created.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:33:47 PM
At 9/15/2011 1:57:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Accepting free will automatically rejects your phantom omnipotent fears. Free will in the face of such a being would be laughable.

Since I experience my free will daily (among other reasons), I reject such a being.

Can you expand on this statement?
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 6:11:08 PM
At 9/14/2011 9:17:14 PM, Tiel wrote:

Weren't you the guy complaining about how people on this website are rude?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:45:03 AM
At 9/17/2011 8:08:15 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
At 9/17/2011 5:39:12 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Would there be an issue if god could rebel against himself, would we just be that, or is god impotent to this level of power.

God cannot be what He is (good, just, merciful etc) If you say that He is not then omnipotent then you are only revealing that the word itself is self refuting.

Does god even have a choice in this, or is so God crystalline in his decision that he is subject to an unchanging railroad track. Free will itself is a married bachelor in as much as, if one is free to choose, one has no choice but to be free.

He has choice within His nature, So He can create a horse or a cow or both..
The Cross.. the Cross.