Jump to topic:

The voice of the divine.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:27:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you hear voices, those are your own thoughts. They aren't angels... Or God...

When you are so detached from yourself that you believe your own thoughts to be divine, you are being experiencing a delusion. If you experience these delusions for extended periods of time, you may have a psychological disorder.

Do not worry though, there is still hope. All you have to do is wake up, and pay attention. Don't let the world hypnotize you with its consonance. Introduce a little dissonance into your life. It works like an alarm clock.

Why are you in such a hurry to die? The cure for hypnosis and other forms of mind control is right there man, all you have to do is cure it.. WITH YOUR MIND.

No strainer hats required, and you don't even have to stab the gremlins in your medicine cabinet that watch you when you take a sh!t.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:29:37 AM
At 9/15/2011 2:27:02 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
No strainer hats required, and you don't even have to stab the gremlins in your medicine cabinet that watch you when you take a sh!t.

That's why I close the cabinet doors... oh sure I can still hear them talking about me.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:36:17 PM
If you hear voices, those are your own thoughts. They aren't angels... Or God...

When you are so detached from yourself that you believe your own thoughts to be divine, you are being experiencing a delusion. If you experience these delusions for extended periods of time, you may have a psychological disorder.

Do not worry though, there is still hope. All you have to do is wake up, and pay attention. Don't let the world hypnotize you with its consonance. Introduce a little dissonance into your life. It works like an alarm clock.

Why are you in such a hurry to die? The cure for hypnosis and other forms of mind control is right there man, all you have to do is cure it.. WITH YOUR MIND.

Not true. There is evidence to support telepathy, though it's not yet enough to convince the mainstream scientific community. The tides are turning though.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:38:08 PM
At 9/15/2011 2:36:17 PM, Tiel wrote:

Not true. There is evidence to support telepathy, though it's not yet enough to convince the mainstream scientific community. The tides are turning though.

I would think telepathy would be the easiest to prove! All you got to do is telepathy.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:42:00 PM
At 9/15/2011 2:38:08 PM, Indophile wrote:

I would think telepathy would be the easiest to prove! All you got to do is telepathy.

It's like you read my mind.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:16:43 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

http://www.sheldrake.org...
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:41:36 PM
At 9/15/2011 3:16:43 PM, Tiel wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

http://www.sheldrake.org...

The first article says the Army is developing technology to acheive synthetic telepathy. No thanks. I don't want the military reading my thoughts, or anyone for that matter.

There's a benefit to having a divide between thoughts and verbal communication. With vocals and text being the only form of communication, we are able to decide which thoghts we want people to hear. We really can't control our own thoughts (unless you're a Zen master) so we have thoughts that we personally don't approve of despite the thoughts arising in our minds. So it's not right that people get to hear our thoughts because our thoughts are a misrepresentation of our true views because there's approved thoughts and disapproved thoughts in the mixed pool of thoughts in our head. Our voice box allows us to sort it out.

Telepathy. Not a good idea at all.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 4:02:02 PM
If you hear voices in your head you are probably on the normal side. We all talk to ourselves and have sound loops and even international conversations.

It's when you hear a voice and you attribute it to a source OUTSIDE your mind (like some invisible dude standing in the corner) that schizophrenia and such becomes a worry.

So, be more worried about someone who claims to hear God's voice booming from the heavens as opposed to someone saying "I felt god in my heart" or other references suggesting internal experience.