Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Is this institutionalized child abuse by reli

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 1:34:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is this institutionalized child abuse by religion?

I see many theists teaching many strange things to their children. Like the notion that fantasy, miracles and magic are all real.

Theists showed at the I D trials that it is ok to try to lie and distort the truth to have Christian creationism taught in school. The Dino Museum is in this same class of lying.

Some of theists teachings reach even further in terms of abuse.

African witches and Jesus

Jesus Camp 1of 9

Promoting death to Gays.

Because of such abuses, I as a religionist and all other non literal people of spirituality are all clumped in with the above abusive groups. Insulting even you.

What are your thoughts in terms of the children's mental health?

As a theist, do you want to be associated with what you have seen your fellow theists doing?

Is what I have shown child abuse or not?
As a theist, should you be doing something to aid the victims?
As a non-theist, should you be doing something to aid the victims?
Are we not all our brothers keeper and should we not all be acting in the defense of our children and grand children?

Regards
DL
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:05:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who is going to watch all those... also the third one gives a very positive view of Christianity, but then I could not be bothered to watch it all the way through. I was expecting a quick emotive hatchet job.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 6:54:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 2:05:15 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Who is going to watch all those... also the third one gives a very positive view of Christianity, but then I could not be bothered to watch it all the way through. I was expecting a quick emotive hatchet job.

You have no problem with children being indoctrinated, some would call it brain washing, into a doctrine that says fantasy, miracles and magic are real?
You would enroll your child in one of those would you?

Regards
DL
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 8:14:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You have no problem with children being indoctrinated, some would call it brain washing, into a doctrine that says fantasy, miracles and magic are real?
You would enroll your child in one of those would you?:

That's not what he said. He said there's a distorted/perverted view of Christianity on one clip... the rest, he can't be bothered to sit down and watch. I didn't even watch one clip.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 9:19:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 6:54:48 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:05:15 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Who is going to watch all those... also the third one gives a very positive view of Christianity, but then I could not be bothered to watch it all the way through. I was expecting a quick emotive hatchet job.

You have no problem with children being indoctrinated, some would call it brain washing, into a doctrine that says fantasy, miracles and magic are real?
You would enroll your child in one of those would you?

Regards
DL

Where did I say that?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 9:34:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 9:19:52 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/16/2011 6:54:48 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:05:15 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Who is going to watch all those... also the third one gives a very positive view of Christianity, but then I could not be bothered to watch it all the way through. I was expecting a quick emotive hatchet job.

You have no problem with children being indoctrinated, some would call it brain washing, into a doctrine that says fantasy, miracles and magic are real?
You would enroll your child in one of those would you?

Regards
DL

Where did I say that?

You indicated a positive view as being shown in the Jesus Camp clip.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 9:36:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 8:14:38 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
You have no problem with children being indoctrinated, some would call it brain washing, into a doctrine that says fantasy, miracles and magic are real?
You would enroll your child in one of those would you?:

That's not what he said. He said there's a distorted/perverted view of Christianity on one clip... the rest, he can't be bothered to sit down and watch. I didn't even watch one clip.

Not much of a display of social conscience.

Regards
DL
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 9:47:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 9:34:01 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/16/2011 9:19:52 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/16/2011 6:54:48 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:05:15 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Who is going to watch all those... also the third one gives a very positive view of Christianity, but then I could not be bothered to watch it all the way through. I was expecting a quick emotive hatchet job.

You have no problem with children being indoctrinated, some would call it brain washing, into a doctrine that says fantasy, miracles and magic are real?
You would enroll your child in one of those would you?

Regards
DL

Where did I say that?

You indicated a positive view as being shown in the Jesus Camp clip.

Regards
DL

I did not get as far as the Jesus Camp.

If you are going to post anti-theistic propaganda then keep it short and simple.

There you have ugliness, obesity, hyprocrisy, mental instability and child abuse... all rolled into one. Now that's propaganda.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 1:58:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have both simple and KIS depending on my mood and the issue.

I thank you for adding to the file.

Simple concepts are often the hardest to express and not being English makes it even harder.

I do not want to derail here or I would bounce a few that would challenge your ability to KIS enough for the message to get through.
I do not think that there is a man alive who could be comedic enough to have the whole world laughing at their own foolishness.

That is what it takes.

Can you say something that would make those in what we have depicted laugh so hard at them selves that it will effect beliefs?

I admit, I cannot.

Regards
DL