Jump to topic:

My Local Priest

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 2:53:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Has just sent me a handwritten letter inviting me to attend a course on Christianity, I thought that was nice of him to take the time. I probably would go along to it, but I don't think I can make it due to the day/time.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 2:54:29 AM
At 9/17/2011 2:53:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Has just sent me a handwritten letter inviting me to attend a course on Christianity, I thought that was nice of him to take the time. I probably would go along to it, but I don't think I can make it due to the day/time.

Does he know you? You live in the city, no?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 2:59:51 AM
At 9/17/2011 2:54:29 AM, innomen wrote:

Does he know you? You live in the city, no?

He does know me yes, in a sense I have encouraged his attentions... erm spiritually that is. Imagine the perfectly stereotypical anglican priest... thats him. Well apart from having a wife anyway.

I just can't bring myself to find any real truth in any of it.

There was no real purpose to this thread, just though I'd mentioned it as it literally just came though the letterbox.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
hotdog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 3:57:06 AM
sometimes I'm polite to the jehovahs witnesses. I know they'll never convince me - I tell them they'll never convince me ... but they just keep on trying ....
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:47:58 AM

Is it the Alpha course? you should go; you're allowed to say whatever you want.. to disagree with it all..

What have you got to lose?

Apart from an Eternity of joy, peace, praise etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 2:40:47 PM

good for the priest, that man had no idea what learning disablities he would be dealing with.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 3:27:38 PM
At 9/19/2011 2:40:47 PM, izbo10 wrote:

good for the priest, that man had no idea what learning disablities he would be dealing with.

Idiot.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 3:45:47 PM

Idiot
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 3:54:45 PM

Idiot.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 3:59:28 PM

Idiot.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 4:02:59 PM
I didn't know that I had set off a chain of replies to Izbo10's moronic post about Cerebral's problems in learning...

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 4:12:14 PM
At 9/19/2011 4:02:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I didn't know that I had set off a chain of replies to Izbo10's moronic post about Cerebral's problems in learning...

But it was totally funny to read. I actually started laughing at work when I saw the 3rd one.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 6:18:56 PM
What have you got to lose?

Apart from an Eternity of joy, peace, praise etc..:

That's not how it works, and you should know better. You can't just have your "fire insurance" to escape hell and get your way in to heaven. You're either born again or you aren't.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:47:54 PM
At 9/19/2011 4:12:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/19/2011 4:02:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

But it was totally funny to read. I actually started laughing at work when I saw the 3rd one.

I have to admit that was pretty cool!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:49:59 PM
I just realized, if the priest is dealing with someone with learning disabilities, then how could it be good for him?

More service? More devotion and exhibition of virtue? Or is it the typical Izbonic nonsense?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 12:51:21 PM
At 9/19/2011 4:18:25 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Don't worry Cerebral, you're over 14 so he won't do anything bad to you.

Priest: I like raping little boys

Cerebral: well there is nothing objectively wrong with that, so I can't say anything about that to each his own.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 2:52:02 PM
By the way he is Church of England not Roman Catholic, though he has broken with tradition in that he has a wife.