Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

On growing up to be, as God says, one of us.

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:35:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
On growing up to be, as God says, one of us.

Gen. 3 22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,

If God were here, he would tell you that if you do not do as shown belowe and conquer God, you will never have an apotheosis and begin to mirror his thinking. That is the only way to know God. You have to grow into God just as Jesus did.

Hebr. 5 8
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Note the word became.

Matt. 10 38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Note how we are to carry a burden. Not have him carry ours as our vicarious scapegoat and sacrifice.

I submit that Jesus' burden and ours are the same. He showed that he learned of God only with a struggle and only after doing so, could he then interpret scriptures and argue with the Rabbis of the day.
The Rabbis did not like his giving all men a route to God that did not need the temple hierarchy and the funding they enjoyed. Jesus had in fact become a Gnostic Christian thanks to his apotheosis. This is likely why he was killed.

He said that we are all son's of God. Nothing has changed except that we have all forgotten that fact. Scriptures are full of such references.

How do you conquer God the way Jesus did?
By accepting the fact that you are in control in a natural world without any supernatural aspect. No fantasy, miracles or magic.

Or as A & E and Jesus did, study good and evil till you have a firm paradigm and then make you challenge or petition to God by seeking and knocking hard on his door. If you have things right, it will be opened to you.

This you must do to have God say to you.

Gen 3 22 Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

God says you can and so does Jesus.
This bishop tells you how it is done.

Trust me, apotheosis is worth the effort.

Regards
DL
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 9:11:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://media.tumblr.com...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 9:12:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 9:11:30 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
http://media.tumblr.com...

Oops. Scratch that. I recognize the name now.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 5:56:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 8:35:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
On growing up to be, as God says, one of us.

Gen. 3 22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,

If God were here, he would tell you that if you do not do as shown belowe and conquer God, you will never have an apotheosis and begin to mirror his thinking. That is the only way to know God. You have to grow into God just as Jesus did.

Hebr. 5 8
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Note the word became.

Matt. 10 38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Note how we are to carry a burden. Not have him carry ours as our vicarious scapegoat and sacrifice.

I submit that Jesus' burden and ours are the same. He showed that he learned of God only with a struggle and only after doing so, could he then interpret scriptures and argue with the Rabbis of the day.
The Rabbis did not like his giving all men a route to God that did not need the temple hierarchy and the funding they enjoyed. Jesus had in fact become a Gnostic Christian thanks to his apotheosis. This is likely why he was killed.

He said that we are all son's of God. Nothing has changed except that we have all forgotten that fact. Scriptures are full of such references.

How do you conquer God the way Jesus did?
By accepting the fact that you are in control in a natural world without any supernatural aspect. No fantasy, miracles or magic.



Or as A & E and Jesus did, study good and evil till you have a firm paradigm and then make you challenge or petition to God by seeking and knocking hard on his door. If you have things right, it will be opened to you.

This you must do to have God say to you.

Gen 3 22 Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

God says you can and so does Jesus.
This bishop tells you how it is done.



Trust me, apotheosis is worth the effort.

Regards
DL

It is through LOVE that we become more like Jesus, and true love is total acceptance of that person and who they are or where the're at..

To love someone is to 'allow them' or to 'suffer them'..

Jesus came to 'suffer us'.. to allow us to be who we really are (evil) to Him..

He allowed Himself to be arrested, to be mocked and tortured and to be crucified.. He could have come down from the cross anytime He wanted, or could have given up His spirit anytime He wanted.. but He 'suffered us' to give Him vinegar for His thirst, THEN it 'was finished'.

We Christians must 'suffer' or 'allow' others, without being complicit in their sin.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 3:23:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Check your bible to see how many of those you say should be suffered, Jesus says to kill.

I can get you quite a few quotes if you like.

Killing unruly children. Fornicators and on and on.

You have no idea what your bible is telling you to do.

Suffer this one but gain from the words you hear.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:40:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why is this a problem?

God says bad people kill good people.
bad people also kill bad people.

but also---
Good people kill bad people. It is why Christian conservatives have no problem with the death penalty.

We are commanded by God to kill bad people. Of course bad people will not like that God commands they should be killed---

Do you think the pedophile believes he should spend life in prison?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 5:17:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 3:23:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Check your bible to see how many of those you say should be suffered, Jesus says to kill.

I can get you quite a few quotes if you like.

Killing unruly children. Fornicators and on and on.

You have no idea what your bible is telling you to do.

Suffer this one but gain from the words you hear.



Regards
DL

How can we forgive or show mercy UNLESS we know WHAT is a sin and HOW serious the penalty SHOULD be?

Matthew 9:13
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."


Once again, your theology is shallow..
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 6:11:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 9:40:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
Why is this a problem?

God says bad people kill good people.
bad people also kill bad people.

but also---
Good people kill bad people. It is why Christian conservatives have no problem with the death penalty.

We are commanded by God to kill bad people. Of course bad people will not like that God commands they should be killed---

Do you think the pedophile believes he should spend life in prison?

God has yet to utter one command on this earth. It is man, usurping this ----right----that does the killing. Withiout jut cause.

The problem stems from the definition they use of bad.
Often it is not bad people that they are killing.
If theists as individuals can choose who to kill, then atheists have that same right.
Would you give your neighbor that right?

Can a theist who thinks that genocide is good justice know what is right and wrong?
Please do not be silly enough to say yes.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 6:16:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 5:17:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Once again, your theology is shallow..

Pot calling the kettle black.

An eye for an eye is considered by most to be good policy.
The penalty should suit the crime IOW.
Have unruly children killed?
Have fornicators.
Have Gays?
Did all those of Noah's day kill?

Whose theology is shallow?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 6:24:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 5:17:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/19/2011 3:23:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Check your bible to see how many of those you say should be suffered, Jesus says to kill.

I can get you quite a few quotes if you like.

Killing unruly children. Fornicators and on and on.

You have no idea what your bible is telling you to do.

Suffer this one but gain from the words you hear.



Regards
DL

How can we forgive or show mercy UNLESS we know WHAT is a sin and HOW serious the penalty SHOULD be?

Matthew 9:13
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."


Once again, your theology is shallow..

Who is shallow when regardless of what that person says, it is automatically wrong because the words cannot get past your bigoted stance.

You are as pathetic as your God.

Homophobes are so sick. Insecure about your manhood are you?
Kill a Gay person. That will prove your a man.

Regards
DL
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 3:58:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/19/2011 9:40:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
Why is this a problem?

God says bad people kill good people.
bad people also kill bad people.

but also---
Good people kill bad people. It is why Christian conservatives have no problem with the death penalty.

We are commanded by God to kill bad people. Of course bad people will not like that God commands they should be killed---

Do you think the pedophile believes he should spend life in prison?

Yeah, except for the fact that your Christian men are acting like judges over what is deserving of death, yet when the same is done to you it is called evil. Like women being burnt at the stake for thinking or living in ways that the church did not like...death. Like people not wanting to convert to Christianity...death.

Funny how your ten commandments say to not kill, yet your religion finds many loopholes around the justification for killing people. Your bible even orders to kill people in it's text. Seems that the law is pointless as it's meaning is relative, not objective. The rule says "though shall not kill". Not "though shall not kill, unless such and such and such..."

Funny Christians. You still don't see the error of your ways. The deity you have created and worship is an evil tyrant who wants to be served and worshiped, no matter what the cost to humanity or the universe.

Do you not see what's wrong with this selfish picture of evil tyranny?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 4:57:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
ugh, Christian bashing again? really? The videos posted are exceptionally weak arguments. If yall have nothing interesting, or insightful to say why say anything at all? If all your gonna do is reiterate arguments that have been refuted thousands of times over the past 2000 years, why even bring it up?

You take videos off of YOUTUBE for God sake, is this where you get your understanding of Christianity? Youtube is even worse than Wikipedia as a source of information, so why would you think that any logical argument could come from it. To be sure, there are a few good arguments against Christianity on the web, however, these are not them.

Lastly, no true Christian would call for homosexuals to be killed. We believe it is wrong, and so we stand by our beliefs. Just because others say it isnt, doesn't make us wrong. Our moral conviction is that their lifestyle is sinful, and as such we choose not to support it. We live in AMERICA, quit hating us because we refuse to conform to your religion of tolerance. . . tolerate our intolerance . . .

Please, if your going to insult my religion, do it with some style. Make meaningful arguments. Don't just post ridiculous videos and then say "WHAT HE SAID!!!" . . .

Cheers,

Gr33k fr33k
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 5:27:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 3:58:06 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:40:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
Why is this a problem?

God says bad people kill good people.
bad people also kill bad people.

but also---
Good people kill bad people. It is why Christian conservatives have no problem with the death penalty.

We are commanded by God to kill bad people. Of course bad people will not like that God commands they should be killed---

Do you think the pedophile believes he should spend life in prison?

Yeah, except for the fact that your Christian men are acting like judges over what is deserving of death, yet when the same is done to you it is called evil. Like women being burnt at the stake for thinking or living in ways that the church did not like...death. Like people not wanting to convert to Christianity...death.

Funny how your ten commandments say to not kill, yet your religion finds many loopholes around the justification for killing people. Your bible even orders to kill people in it's text. Seems that the law is pointless as it's meaning is relative, not objective. The rule says "though shall not kill". Not "though shall not kill, unless such and such and such..."

Funny Christians. You still don't see the error of your ways. The deity you have created and worship is an evil tyrant who wants to be served and worshiped, no matter what the cost to humanity or the universe.

Do you not see what's wrong with this selfish picture of evil tyranny?

Actually it says "Thou shall not murder." Murder is defined as unlawful killing. So the Commandment does allow killing so long as it's done in Gods will. Killing against Gods will is what is prohibited.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 7:22:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 5:27:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/20/2011 3:58:06 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:40:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
Why is this a problem?

God says bad people kill good people.
bad people also kill bad people.

but also---
Good people kill bad people. It is why Christian conservatives have no problem with the death penalty.

We are commanded by God to kill bad people. Of course bad people will not like that God commands they should be killed---

Do you think the pedophile believes he should spend life in prison?

Yeah, except for the fact that your Christian men are acting like judges over what is deserving of death, yet when the same is done to you it is called evil. Like women being burnt at the stake for thinking or living in ways that the church did not like...death. Like people not wanting to convert to Christianity...death.

Funny how your ten commandments say to not kill, yet your religion finds many loopholes around the justification for killing people. Your bible even orders to kill people in it's text. Seems that the law is pointless as it's meaning is relative, not objective. The rule says "though shall not kill". Not "though shall not kill, unless such and such and such..."

Funny Christians. You still don't see the error of your ways. The deity you have created and worship is an evil tyrant who wants to be served and worshiped, no matter what the cost to humanity or the universe.

Do you not see what's wrong with this selfish picture of evil tyranny?

Actually it says "Thou shall not murder." Murder is defined as unlawful killing. So the Commandment does allow killing so long as it's done in Gods will. Killing against Gods will is what is prohibited.

1.) Yeah, I know... Typo.

2.) That's my point. It's not objective. It's a bias for Christians to kill as they see fit.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:19:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 4:57:00 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
ugh, Christian bashing again? really? The videos posted are exceptionally weak arguments. If yall have nothing interesting, or insightful to say why say anything at all? If all your gonna do is reiterate arguments that have been refuted thousands of times over the past 2000 years, why even bring it up?

You take videos off of YOUTUBE for God sake, is this where you get your understanding of Christianity? Youtube is even worse than Wikipedia as a source of information, so why would you think that any logical argument could come from it. To be sure, there are a few good arguments against Christianity on the web, however, these are not them.

Lastly, no true Christian would call for homosexuals to be killed. We believe it is wrong, and so we stand by our beliefs. Just because others say it isnt, doesn't make us wrong. Our moral conviction is that their lifestyle is sinful, and as such we choose not to support it. We live in AMERICA, quit hating us because we refuse to conform to your religion of tolerance. . . tolerate our intolerance . . .

Please, if your going to insult my religion, do it with some style. Make meaningful arguments. Don't just post ridiculous videos and then say "WHAT HE SAID!!!" . . .

Cheers,

Gr33k fr33k

LOL.
You do not advocate killing Gays yet have no problem in not granting them the same right to find love in their own harmless to anyone else ways.
Put them in a little box so you can throw your sinner, sinner at them.

Pathetic.

You have a problem with those who will use a You tube clip and say, what he said, yet will thump away with 3000 year old garbage from your tyrannical bible and yourself say, what he said.

Kettle calling the pot black.
One man with a tree in his eye pointing to the sliver in someone else's.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:24:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 3:58:06 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/19/2011 9:40:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
Why is this a problem?

God says bad people kill good people.
bad people also kill bad people.

but also---
Good people kill bad people. It is why Christian conservatives have no problem with the death penalty.

We are commanded by God to kill bad people. Of course bad people will not like that God commands they should be killed---

Do you think the pedophile believes he should spend life in prison?

Yeah, except for the fact that your Christian men are acting like judges over what is deserving of death, yet when the same is done to you it is called evil. Like women being burnt at the stake for thinking or living in ways that the church did not like...death. Like people not wanting to convert to Christianity...death.

Funny how your ten commandments say to not kill, yet your religion finds many loopholes around the justification for killing people. Your bible even orders to kill people in it's text. Seems that the law is pointless as it's meaning is relative, not objective. The rule says "though shall not kill". Not "though shall not kill, unless such and such and such..."

Funny Christians. You still don't see the error of your ways. The deity you have created and worship is an evil tyrant who wants to be served and worshiped, no matter what the cost to humanity or the universe.

Do you not see what's wrong with this selfish picture of evil tyranny?

Well put.

Let me add that these Christian judges, like their God, think using genocide on humanity is good justice. Quite the judges those.
Not to mention their belief in a Jesus' sacrifice that says it is quite good that an innocent man should be murdered so that the guilty can walk.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 4:28:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 6:16:57 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/20/2011 5:17:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Once again, your theology is shallow..

Pot calling the kettle black.

An eye for an eye is considered by most to be good policy.
The penalty should suit the crime IOW.
Have unruly children killed?
Have fornicators.
Have Gays?
Did all those of Noah's day kill?

Whose theology is shallow?

Regards
DL

Let's not let debate become a quarrel or discussion, bickering..

Again, I draw you to the meaning of the word MERCY: how can mercy (the essential characteristic of salvation) be real unless there is a) an offense and b) a consequence to an offense?

The Old Testament with it Laws etc is showing us the reality of sin and it's consequences, the New Testament shows us Gods grace and mercy:

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.


Once again I ask you; are you here to debate or only to attack God? If every objection you have against Him and His Word were satisfactorily answered would you then accept Him?

because if the answer is no, then all of your objections are hollow.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 4:36:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 6:24:41 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/20/2011 5:17:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/19/2011 3:23:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Check your bible to see how many of those you say should be suffered, Jesus says to kill.

I can get you quite a few quotes if you like.

Killing unruly children. Fornicators and on and on.

You have no idea what your bible is telling you to do.

Suffer this one but gain from the words you hear.



Regards
DL

How can we forgive or show mercy UNLESS we know WHAT is a sin and HOW serious the penalty SHOULD be?

Matthew 9:13
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."


Once again, your theology is shallow..

Who is shallow when regardless of what that person says, it is automatically wrong because the words cannot get past your bigoted stance.

You are as pathetic as your God.



Homophobes are so sick. Insecure about your manhood are you?
Kill a Gay person. That will prove your a man.

Regards
DL

Please please do not assume I am as utterly humourless, narrow minded and as anally retentive as yourself!

I posted the Aerosmith link as a tongue in cheek joke in the hope to illicit a chuckle from DDO..

I have nothing against 'gays' whatsoever; I work with them (and get on fine) I used to have a good friend who is, to my knowledge, still 'gay' and as I was obsessed with House music, I was pretty immersed in that culture, even go to gay clubs to see certain DJ's etc..

I now know that homosexuality is deceiving spirit that robs people of the glorious plan God has for their lives; marriage, children, real sex etc etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 10:49:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You bob and weave away from answer and deflect without dealing with issues.
Answer the questions above or go away.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:50:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/26/2011 10:49:44 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
You bob and weave away from answer and deflect without dealing with issues.
Answer the questions above or go away.

Regards
DL

I'm never going away; I smell blood now and I'm going to make it my lifes work to pull everything you post to pieces..
The Cross.. the Cross.