Jump to topic:

Chrislam???

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:16:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok so I was looking for links for a debate i'm making against Islam, and I found a couple of articles like these:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://www.reclaimingthemind.org...

I've never seen anything like this before. Their combining two very different religions that have been at eachothers throats for over a thousand years. Does anybody else find this as strange as I do?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:21:20 PM
At 9/21/2011 4:16:53 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Ok so I was looking for links for a debate i'm making against Islam, and I found a couple of articles like these:

I've never seen anything like this before. Their combining two very different religions that have been at eachothers throats for over a thousand years. Does anybody else find this as strange as I do?

yes, i have told many a christian, they better set their goals at silver or bronze medal in mental gymnastics at the olympics, they have nothing on these guys.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:24:54 PM
At 9/21/2011 4:21:20 PM, izbo10 wrote:

yes, i have told many a christian, they better set their goals at silver or bronze medal in mental gymnastics at the olympics, they have nothing on these guys.

I know right.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:31:18 PM
At 9/21/2011 4:24:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

I know right.

wonder which they think, did jesus die on the cross or was he replaced on the cross?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:34:10 PM
At 9/21/2011 4:31:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:24:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

I know right.

wonder which they think, did jesus die on the cross or was he replaced on the cross?

I'm still trying to figure that out. lol

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:35:02 PM
It does seem that a historical mohammed wanted Islam to be culmination of Judaism and Christianity, but his idea of the christians he was talking to were most likely some off shoot of the ebionites, who thought jesus wholly human.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:35:42 PM
At 9/21/2011 4:35:02 PM, izbo10 wrote:
It does seem that a historical mohammed wanted Islam to be culmination of Judaism and Christianity, but his idea of the christians he was talking to were most likely some off shoot of the ebionites, who thought jesus wholly human.

I see no way to remerge the current orthodox christianity with islam.

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:35:47 PM
Oh, I have heard of this. I think it was initially founded as an attempt to foster peace between the two faiths. I think in Nigeria or something where there's prominent populations of both Christians and Muslims. It's a neat idea, but probably doesn't work in practice.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 7:36:32 PM

Lol that was actually pretty funny....
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 6:38:10 AM
I have a friend who claims she is this I think shes crazy and so ist this religion pick one or the other

Christanity or Islam whats it gonna be
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 10:45:52 AM
I have also had a women come and interupt my sermon with a belief system that Allah and Yahweh were both the same God. That we all worshipped the same God.

She came to this conclusion on her own.

This is true in one sense. We all look to the "office" of God. We all recognize a divine creator and his soverignty.

I explained this to the audience. She started out happy.

I then further explained what is at issue between Islam and Yahweh is the character and person of the One who holds the office of maximum supreme God.

Satan holds the office of God in the his personal religion of Isalm.

The True Living God holds the office of God in Christianity and Judaism.

She became very unhappy.

Once these distinctions are understood most will leave these cult sects:

-Satan wanted to hold the office of God
-God have satan earth to rule over
-Satan has to prove he can do it
-all bad is attributed to him and his failures
-other fallen angels decided to become gods too and independent other fallen angles have their own pagan religions
-Satan created Isalm to promote his will to kill of those that serve Yahweh and the other fallen angels.

or at least that is what the authors of Christianity and Judaism teach.

She stormed out very angry that she could not unite the two religions. She was demon possessed by the way, but the demon did not have full control.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:36:43 PM
At 9/22/2011 10:45:52 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have also had a women come and interupt my sermon with a belief system that Allah and Yahweh were both the same God. That we all worshipped the same God.

This is true in one sense. We all look to the "office" of God. We all recognize a divine creator and his soverignty.

I then further explained what is at issue between Islam and Yahweh is the character and person of the One who holds the office of maximum supreme God.

She became very unhappy.

-other fallen angels decided to become gods too and independent other fallen angles have their own pagan religions
-Satan created Isalm to promote his will to kill of those that serve Yahweh and the other fallen angels.

She stormed out very angry that she could not unite the two religions. She was demon possessed by the way, but the demon did not have full control.

nothing but blanet assertions that your god is the true god and islams is satan, what if you are wrong?

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 2:57:02 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:36:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:

She became very unhappy.

nothing but blanet assertions that your god is the true god and islams is satan, what if you are wrong?

I met him and have seen his power. You can meet him to and see his power. He is more powerful than satan. He is more powerful than Allah.

Assertions are good things. It is a place to start. If you do not agree with an assertion you can ask for proof that the assertion is true. You need to learn how to have a conversation.
You do not just blatantly attack someone's positive statement.

If I backed up everything I said every time it would be a long forum post. Most people I have discussions with will conceded 90% of my assertions without the need for proof.
An assertion only needs to be validated if one person is not in agreement with the assertion.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 3:36:49 PM
At 9/22/2011 2:57:02 PM, Gileandos wrote:

She became very unhappy.

I met him and have seen his power. You can meet him to and see his power. He is more powerful than satan. He is more powerful than Allah.

Assertions are good things. It is a place to start. If you do not agree with an assertion you can ask for proof that the assertion is true. You need to learn how to have a conversation.

If I backed up everything I said every time it would be a long forum post. Most people I have discussions with will conceded 90% of my assertions without the need for proof.
An assertion only needs to be validated if one person is not in agreement with the assertion.

6^% of the world disagrees with this assertion.

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 4:40:51 PM
At 9/22/2011 3:36:49 PM, izbo10 wrote:

She became very unhappy.

6^% of the world disagrees with this assertion.

That does not appear to address my statements above.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 5:15:31 PM

She became very unhappy.

Please tell me more like how you knew she was demon possesed and what the encounter was like.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 7:10:56 PM
At 9/22/2011 5:15:31 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

Please tell me more like how you knew she was demon possesed and what the encounter was like.

I work with the Salvation Army within the Inner City culture. It specifically was in a county where all of the "problem" people within the system are dumped. The county Prison, the VA hospital and state rehab center are all right in this city.

I deal with demon possessed people all of the time. There is a gift of discernment of spirits that God equips you with.
It starts out subtle as just knowing something is off. The more powerful the demon the more "presence" they have.
You can "sense" the evil within them.

Some will have more than one demon so their confusion increases. Without direct prayer they become impossible to work with.

This woman specifically had a presence about her that she was demon lead. This is not just my discernment but both another soldier and captain sensed the exact same thing to start.
When she continued and then received the response you could feel the "presence" growing. No normal person has this "presence".

I have been around thousands of people. I meet new people regularly and in normal settings I have never met a demon possessed person.

The more I study and the more God uses me the more the discernment grows.

This was a demon with an agenda working through her. It was clear the demon desired to confuse the church into believing that both religions could be true at the same time.
The woman herself still possessed her cognitive faculties and I could feel she was being driven rather than controlled.

If you have experienced illumination from the Holy Spirit then you can liken that same illumination but with a presence that is not Holy but oppressive.

There are people who can see and even speak with them. I have not as yet forced a conversation with one. I have had a demon possessed murderer (was a drug enforcer) posssessed with 3 demons come to me for deliverance.

That was the most powerful encounter to date.

Does this help answer your questions?
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 7:46:40 PM
At 9/22/2011 7:10:56 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I work with the Salvation Army within the Inner City culture. It specifically was in a county where all of the "problem" people within the system are dumped. The county Prison, the VA hospital and state rehab center are all right in this city.

I deal with demon possessed people all of the time. There is a gift of discernment of spirits that God equips you with.
It starts out subtle as just knowing something is off. The more powerful the demon the more "presence" they have.

Some will have more than one demon so their confusion increases. Without direct prayer they become impossible to work with.

This woman specifically had a presence about her that she was demon lead. This is not just my discernment but both another soldier and captain sensed the exact same thing to start.
When she continued and then received the response you could feel the "presence" growing. No normal person has this "presence".

I have been around thousands of people. I meet new people regularly and in normal settings I have never met a demon possessed person.

This was a demon with an agenda working through her. It was clear the demon desired to confuse the church into believing that both religions could be true at the same time.
The woman herself still possessed her cognitive faculties and I could feel she was being driven rather than controlled.

If you have experienced illumination from the Holy Spirit then you can liken that same illumination but with a presence that is not Holy but oppressive.

There are people who can see and even speak with them. I have not as yet forced a conversation with one. I have had a demon possessed murderer (was a drug enforcer) posssessed with 3 demons come to me for deliverance.

Yes but I have another there is this girl very liberal athiest she is mistaking God with Satan I think demons or the devil himself is messing with her. How do I stop it she refuses to pray.
Dude. Shades
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 9:45:35 PM
At 9/22/2011 7:46:40 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

Yes but I have another there is this girl very liberal athiest she is mistaking God with Satan I think demons or the devil himself is messing with her. How do I stop it she refuses to pray.

Several key things that need to be known up front.
- Is it merely a weak demon or strong demon
- Is she afflicted or possessed
- What is its intention?
- Is is a demon under direct control of satan's Kingdom of Darkness or a demon who is independent?
- Is it just one demon?
- Have you ever experienced illumination?
- Have you been communicated to directly from God ?

Good news is her praying is irrelvant in your ability to cast out the demon whether temporarily or permenantly.
The key will be surrounding yourself with praying to God. By asking for God to give you support from Angels and direct intervention.
Ask God then to give you the gift of discernment.
Do not ask this like a 10 minute prayer before bed but a life changing prayer. Daily ask this and search God to give illumination in what you need to know to arm yourself.
Typically the first thing God gives is illumination after you have biblical knowledge,
then he gives you discernment, then the ability to cast out demons in ever greater strength.

Do you have someone in your church that understands the Kingdom conflict and has discussed some of the things above?

Also where is this girl located? At your school?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:44:05 AM

People like you two make me crave the hate filled retardation that is Izbo.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 6:06:24 PM
At 9/23/2011 2:44:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

People like you two make me crave the hate filled retardation that is Izbo.

This.

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 6:35:01 PM
@death and CN

ROFL -
You guys just have never experienced these things. Its like complaining when two siberian russians discuss Elk taming.

However, you are on a religion forum. Don't visit siberia and complain about Elk taming :)
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 6:36:49 PM
At 9/23/2011 6:35:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:
@death and CN

ROFL -
You guys just have never experienced these things. Its like complaining when two siberian russians discuss Elk taming.

However, you are on a religion forum. Don't visit siberia and complain about Elk taming :)

This board is actually in a place we call the internet, which is firmly placed in reality, you are not there in your thinking. Don't visit reality and talk about fantasy as if it is reality.

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 7:08:09 PM
At 9/23/2011 6:36:49 PM, izbo10 wrote:
@death and CN

ROFL -

This board is actually in a place we call the internet, which is firmly placed in reality, you are not there in your thinking. Don't visit reality and talk about fantasy as if it is reality.

And you are the poster child for grounded in reality.....
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 9:09:21 PM
At 9/22/2011 9:45:35 PM, Gileandos wrote:

- Is it merely a weak demon or strong demon Idk don't think she has one but I think they are taunting her.
- Is she afflicted or possessed neither
- What is its intention?
- Is is a demon under direct control of satan's Kingdom of Darkness or a demon who is independent? I there is one its under Satans control
- Is it just one demon? I don't know
- Have you ever experienced illumination? Maybe depends on what that is
- Have you been communicated to directly from God ? What do you mean by directly

Question is Izbo possesed.

Good news is her praying is irrelvant in your ability to cast out the demon whether temporarily or permenantly.
The key will be surrounding yourself with praying to God. By asking for God to give you support from Angels and direct intervention.
Do not ask this like a 10 minute prayer before bed but a life changing prayer. Daily ask this and search God to give illumination in what you need to know to arm yourself.
Typically the first thing God gives is illumination after you have biblical knowledge,
then he gives you discernment, then the ability to cast out demons in ever greater strength.

Do you have someone in your church that understands the Kingdom conflict and has discussed some of the things above? I don't know.

No at a music program I go to a christian school.
Dude. Shades
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 9:44:38 PM
At 9/23/2011 9:09:21 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

Quite possibly. Many demons work to blind and confuse people. I have no idea why such obvious concepts seem to be a miss to his cognitive faculties. I would have to meet him in person to know.
I could also ask God if you desire an actual answer.

I see. I would recommend studying spiritual warefare first and then spending alot of time in prayer to find out what God desires you to do.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 10:01:10 PM
At 9/23/2011 9:44:38 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Quite possibly. Many demons work to blind and confuse people. I have no idea why such obvious concepts seem to be a miss to his cognitive faculties. I would have to meet him in person to know.
I could also ask God if you desire an actual answer.
could you ask God I would like him to say clear words to me

I see. I would recommend studying spiritual warefare first and then spending alot of time in prayer to find out what God desires you to do.

OK
Dude. Shades
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 10:10:15 PM
At 9/22/2011 9:45:35 PM, Gileandos wrote:

- Is it merely a weak demon or strong demon Idk don't think she has one but I think they are taunting her.
- Is she afflicted or possessed neither
- What is its intention?
- Is is a demon under direct control of satan's Kingdom of Darkness or a demon who is independent? I there is one its under Satans control
- Is it just one demon? I don't know
- Have you ever experienced illumination? Maybe depends on what that is
- Have you been communicated to directly from God ? What do you mean by directly

LOL Izbo isn't possesed. He just trying to use logic tovbreak down religion that is against logic.

Do you have someone in your church that understands the Kingdom conflict and has discussed some of the things above? I don't know.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:24:16 AM
@death and CN

ROFL -

Of course we haven't, we are intelligent people who live in the real world. We don't pretend that anyone who disagrees with us is possessed or in league with darkness.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 5:20:47 PM
At 9/24/2011 1:24:16 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
@death and CN

ROFL -

Of course we haven't, we are intelligent people who live in the real world. We don't pretend that anyone who disagrees with us is possessed or in league with darkness.

That was not the claim. The question was if Izbo was possessed. He displays traits of stupidity that can be caused by demons.

Strictly speaking there are billions of demons. Not everyone need be possessed but if you are not Christian you do not have any special protection from them.

A major point of Christian theology is the war between God and Satan.

You do not have to be performing evil to be propping it up.

Nazi Germany would be the example. Everyone was guilty of following some order by the Nazi regime thus they were enemies of the Allies. They need not be cooking Jews in ovens but nonetheless they were our enemies no matter the small role they played.

Please consider what is being stated.