Jump to topic:

Christian response to my blog

kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 4:13:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys, if you are a Christian, I would love for you to respond to my blog http://counterapologetics.blogspot.com...

I'm especially interested in the challenge section.
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 4:16:50 PM
Do you believe in the POSSIBILITY of the existence of a higher power, or is your blog and all your debates essentially just an attack on the Bible? Which, in actuality, disproves very little.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 4:19:57 PM
At 9/24/2011 4:16:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
Do you believe in the POSSIBILITY of the existence of a higher power, or is your blog and all your debates essentially just an attack on the Bible? Which, in actuality, disproves very little.

Do I believe in the possibility? Sure, it is possible.

Why don't you respond to what I have written?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 4:20:39 PM
At 9/24/2011 4:19:57 PM, kohai wrote:

Oh, okay.

Because, I agree for the most part.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 4:23:15 PM
At 9/24/2011 4:20:39 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/24/2011 4:19:57 PM, kohai wrote:

Oh, okay.

Because, I agree for the most part.

Ah, so you agree. I believe in the possibility of a higher power, but do not believe in the possiblity of the Judeo-Christian God. (Thought I would elaborate).

For a moment, I thought you actually disagreed with what I write.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:48:14 PM
The most recent post pointing to the contradictions is kind of humurous to a Biblical Scholar.

The first example is the 2 Samuel verses.

Michal was married twice. The context of the first citation is that she did not bear a child for King David. She bore him no children and thus no heir came from her line.

She was married previously to another man and thus she had five children to the previous marriage.

We know this because the author is not pointing out in anyway that those five children were royalty or ever discussed in surrounding texts as Children of David.

The other "contradictions" are just more of the same.
I find it humorous as these are just poor scholarship.
Where did you source these contradictions? Which Athiestic website?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:50:13 PM
At 9/24/2011 7:48:14 PM, Gileandos wrote:
The most recent post pointing to the contradictions is kind of humurous to a Biblical Scholar.

Michal was married twice. The context of the first citation is that she did not bear a child for King David. She bore him no children and thus no heir came from her line.

She was married previously to another man and thus she had five children to the previous marriage.

We know this because the author is not pointing out in anyway that those five children were royalty or ever discussed in surrounding texts as Children of David.

Could you explain where Cain and Abel's wives came from?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:52:07 PM

The most humorous argument of all is the convoluted and stammering Biblical defense provided by overzealous Christians.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 7:53:56 PM
At 9/24/2011 7:50:13 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

Adam and Eve's daughters. DNA was not "corrupted" at the time so there were no negative side effects of incest.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 8:20:31 PM
At 9/24/2011 7:53:56 PM, Wnope wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

Adam and Eve's daughters. DNA was not "corrupted" at the time so there were no negative side effects of incest.

The thing is is that no daughters were ever mentioned in the bible.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 8:20:51 PM

(Devil's advocate)

This is the traditional viewpoint. The Talmud actually even directly states it was Cain and Abel's siblings. As you will notice that the culture always valued the male predominately and focus is on the male. To disregard a discussion on the female is not a serious concern for a textual critic.

There are also many other theories that abound... but not stating where they come from does not create an important problem for even the lay Christian. Christianity has never totered over the issue.
Contradiction
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 9:09:14 PM
"Just for the record, I challenged myself to this---and failed! Here are the rules:

You must not contradict other scripture;
You must not add or remove anything from scripture;
It must be logical; and
Must be your original work"

Oh the irony.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 9:49:34 PM

Adam and eves other children.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 9:56:15 PM
At 9/24/2011 9:49:34 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

Adam and eves other children.

I thought incense is a sin...
Davididit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 1:41:57 AM
What do you want us to respond to? Some of the stuff you've posted has already been dealt with in debates. Almost everything you post is adapted from infidels. I might as well go talk to the atheists on there :P
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 2:37:35 AM
At 9/24/2011 8:20:31 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

(Devil's advocate)

The thing is is that no daughters were ever mentioned in the bible.

If I were you, I'd be more curious as to, after Cain killed Abel, who gave birth to the people who saw Cain wandering around with that mark on his head?