Jump to topic:

Muslims inquire within,

Dimmitri.C
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 10:48:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am interested in debating. As an Orthodox Christian I would principally like to debate over the divinity of Jesus Christ noted within the Canon of the New Testament. Otherwise, I would like to debate the Pagan origins of the 5 Pillars of Islam. Please contact me here if you are interested in debating me.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 10:58:15 AM
At 9/25/2011 10:48:47 AM, Dimmitri.C wrote:
I am interested in debating. As an Orthodox Christian I would principally like to debate over the divinity of Jesus Christ noted within the Canon of the New Testament. Otherwise, I would like to debate the Pagan origins of the 5 Pillars of Islam. Please contact me here if you are interested in debating me.

this ought to be a riot.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:00:06 AM
I strongly dislike religious debates altogether. They don't interest me, and the sort of fervor they generate annoys me.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:02:50 AM
At 9/25/2011 11:00:06 AM, 000ike wrote:
I strongly dislike religious debates altogether. They don't interest me, and the sort of fervor they generate annoys me.

Generally at least one of the participants does not understand what is going or it just becomes a mass of links.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:16:12 AM
At 9/25/2011 11:02:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Generally at least one of the participants does not understand what is going or it just becomes a mass of links.

I see your use to your own debates, the person who doesn't know whats going on is you.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:21:58 AM
At 9/25/2011 11:16:12 AM, izbo10 wrote:

I see your use to your own debates, the person who doesn't know whats going on is you.

1: Our debate currently stands at 51 votes to 0. Who got those 51 votes?
2: You win roughly 1 in 5 of your debates, generally because the other person forfeited.
3: I taught you the meaning of objectivity, yet I am the stupid one?
4: It took you two hours to lose a radio debate and I would have won it in five minutes.
5: Why do you continue to troll me, what do you want from me?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:26:32 AM
At 9/25/2011 11:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

2: You win roughly 1 in 5 of your debates, generally because the other person forfeited.
4: It took you two hours to lose a radio debate and I would have won it in five minutes.

argument for majority not really a valid argument. I didn't lose the radio debate and you still don't know anything about objective morality. But again that is why I said you always take the side of not knowing what you are talking about. I have to love how you say I lost the radio debate, but can't give one argument the idiot gave that was valid.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:29:06 AM
At 9/25/2011 11:26:32 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 9/25/2011 11:21:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

argument for majority not really a valid argument. I didn't lose the radio debate and you still don't know anything about objective morality. But again that is why I said you always take the side of not knowing what you are talking about. I have to love how you say I lost the radio debate, but can't give one argument the idiot gave that was valid.

You did not address his arguments, that means you concede them. That is how debate works. Anyway this is yet another thread you have hijacked to 'get at me'. Why you wish to provoke me when all my opinions and arguments are hogwash I dont know. Can't you send your gibberish via PM or challenge me to a debate. People are bored of your crap.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:32:49 AM
lol you two easily engage in altercation, its sunday, sunny, and still weekend, lets just enjoy it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:45:38 AM
Otherwise, I would like to debate the Pagan origins of the 5 Pillars of Islam.
I'll take you up on it, there just needs to be time - and I got other debates ahead.

Clarify your position. Is it about Allah being the god of Pagans?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:49:02 AM
But he didn't ask you.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:51:12 AM
At 9/25/2011 10:58:15 AM, izbo10 wrote:

this ought to be a riot.

For once, we agree... I would think a debate over the pagan origins of Islam would be particularly funny, given that Christianity and Islam are both sprung from a tribal religion with pagan traditions...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 11:51:19 AM
At 9/25/2011 11:49:02 AM, Mirza wrote:
But he didn't ask you.

I know, I know, just felt like getting a word in.
Dimmitri.C
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 12:35:26 PM
Mirza, refer to my post. I am principally interested in discussing the divinity of Jesus Christ. If you are willing to debate me on this topic at first, then we can discuss the format of the debate subsequent to this comment.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 12:36:34 PM
At 9/25/2011 12:35:26 PM, Dimmitri.C wrote:
Mirza, refer to my post. I am principally interested in discussing the divinity of Jesus Christ. If you are willing to debate me on this topic at first, then we can discuss the format of the debate subsequent to this comment.

Are you willing to discuss the divinity of Muhammad in your debate?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Dimmitri.C
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 12:43:17 PM
At 9/25/2011 12:36:34 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Both Muslims and Christians agree that Muhammed is not divine. Such a topic would be completely meaningless.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 12:51:14 PM
At 9/25/2011 12:43:17 PM, Dimmitri.C wrote:

Both Muslims and Christians agree that Muhammed is not divine. Such a topic would be completely meaningless.

I meant as a Prophet.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Dimmitri.C
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 12:57:38 PM
At 9/25/2011 12:51:14 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/25/2011 12:43:17 PM, Dimmitri.C wrote:

I meant as a Prophet.

Possibly in the future.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:24:02 PM

I strongly 000ike altogether. Nothing he's ever said interests me, and the sort of bullsh*t he generates annoys me.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:25:00 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:24:02 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I strongly dislike 000ike altogether. Nothing he's ever said interests me, and the sort of bullsh*t he generates annoys me.

oh sorry, Fix'd!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 6:26:18 PM
At 9/26/2011 6:25:00 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I strongly dislike 000ike altogether. Nothing he's ever said interests me, and the sort of bullsh*t he generates annoys me.

oh sorry, Fix'd!

Thank you! :)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:37:56 PM
I would have taken this up, but I'm not really interested in religious debates for the time being. It's debatable what my real religious beliefs are anyway, lol.
DANGELLO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 6:28:44 PM
Muslims are hell, in France they try to control everything, and they make people crazy with their religion, we have many many problems with musilms integration, it's a mess, and we don't know what to do anymore with these people.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 8:12:29 PM
At 9/27/2011 6:28:44 PM, DANGELLO wrote:
Muslims are hell, in France they try to control everything, and they make people crazy with their religion, we have many many problems with musilms integration, it's a mess, and we don't know what to do anymore with these people.

Cool story bro.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 5:30:20 AM

Do you believe women may preach?
The Cross.. the Cross.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:35:57 AM

I just laughed until I cried. Christianity is so shrouded in pagan belief, almost none of it is original!
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 3:10:32 AM

As an orthodox christian your pointing your finger at "pagan" influences while adhering to the belief of a human sacrifice to appease a God .....just saying :)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 8:24:31 AM

I strongly 000ike altogether. Nothing he's ever said interests me, and the sort of bullsh*t he generates annoys me.

Yea I know. Tell me about it.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 4:18:21 PM
At 9/30/2011 8:24:31 AM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

...Says the white supremacist...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 4:20:32 PM
At 9/30/2011 8:24:31 AM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

"I strongly dislike Joseph altogether. Nothing he's ever said is correct, and the sort of bullshi* he f*** generates annoys me..."