Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Shaolin Buddhist Monk vs UFC Fighter

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 3:41:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As a Buddhist and UFC fan, I find this to be an intriguing scenario. As of now, there have been no Shaolin monks to have entered the ring in UFC, though there have been a wide array of martial arts styles in UFC like Muay Thai, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Karate, and Tai Kwon Do. Do you think a Shaolin monk could defeat a UFC fighter?

Most argue that UFC fighters have ground game and would easily submit a Shaolin fighter, but they forget that Shaolin monks can hang themselves in the meditation position for an impressive length of minutes and also stand on their head to strengthen their neck. A chokehold would be childsplay to them. They also have the strength to pull two bulls. It's doubtful that submission would be easy not to mention it would be incredibly easy for a Shaolin monk to dodge most takedown attempts.

They can also withstand multiple blows to the head given that their heads have been trained to the point where their skull is twice as strong than an average skull.

The problem is that Shaolins are trained to kill so many of their lightning Chi punches would shatter their bones and damage their organs which is illegal in the Octagon.

Jon Bones Jones is currently the best UFC MMA fighter in the world having never lost, never taken down, and never knocked out. He is tall with long reach, and extremely fit, so he'd probably have the best chance against a Shaolin master. Dana White really just needs to go to East Asia and recruit someone from a Shaolin temple to take on Jon Jones.

So do you think MMA's best (Jones, Silva, Cain, GSP) could beat a Shaolin monk?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:41:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
As a Buddhist and UFC fan, I find this to be an intriguing scenario. As of now, there have been no Shaolin monks to have entered the ring in UFC, though there have been a wide array of martial arts styles in UFC like Muay Thai, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Karate, and Tai Kwon Do. Do you think a Shaolin monk could defeat a UFC fighter?

Most argue that UFC fighters have ground game and would easily submit a Shaolin fighter, but they forget that Shaolin monks can hang themselves in the meditation position for an impressive length of minutes and also stand on their head to strengthen their neck. A chokehold would be childsplay to them. They also have the strength to pull two bulls. It's doubtful that submission would be easy not to mention it would be incredibly easy for a Shaolin monk to dodge most takedown attempts.

They can also withstand multiple blows to the head given that their heads have been trained to the point where their skull is twice as strong than an average skull.

The problem is that Shaolins are trained to kill so many of their lightning Chi punches would shatter their bones and damage their organs which is illegal in the Octagon.

Jon Bones Jones is currently the best UFC MMA fighter in the world having never lost, never taken down, and never knocked out. He is tall with long reach, and extremely fit, so he'd probably have the best chance against a Shaolin master. Dana White really just needs to go to East Asia and recruit someone from a Shaolin temple to take on Jon Jones.

So do you think MMA's best (Jones, Silva, Cain, GSP) could beat a Shaolin monk?

No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 3:51:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does OP have any MMA/BJJ training? A rear naked choke could choke out a lion. How would a monk stand any chance against a professional fighter? Bone shattering "chi" punches? Please.

I suppose the illuminati have shipped them super-soldier serum somewhere along the line.
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:00:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:51:14 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does OP have any MMA/BJJ training? A rear naked choke could choke out a lion. How would a monk stand any chance against a professional fighter? Bone shattering "chi" punches? Please.

I suppose the illuminati have shipped them super-soldier serum somewhere along the line.

Bieber. A monk uses the forbidden secrets of tao shi and kung fu.
No man in this modern day arena is commercialized gladiators could stand a chance against those guys. And some of them are still using those techniques today.
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians. This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:07:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:51:14 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does OP have any MMA/BJJ training? A rear naked choke could choke out a lion.

True, a rear naked choke is lethal, but Shaolin fighters are too quick and would never find themselves in that position. It requires multiple steps for a fighter to execute a rear naked choke. A Shaolin monk would know how to soil out before that happened, and if it did, they could withstand the RNC longer and better than any other UFC fighter.

How would a monk stand any chance against a professional fighter?

Because Shaolin monks spend their entire life training 24/7 and can withstand repeated fast kicks to the unguarded groin. Their training and conditioning surpasses that of any fighter in the world. This is fact.

Bone shattering "chi" punches? Please.

They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

Btw, Chi energy is real. Thermo energy scanners have detected and visually revealed concentrated heat generated by Tai Chi masters.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:11:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:07:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:51:14 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does OP have any MMA/BJJ training? A rear naked choke could choke out a lion.

True, a rear naked choke is lethal, but Shaolin fighters are too quick and would never find themselves in that position. It requires multiple steps for a fighter to execute a rear naked choke. A Shaolin monk would know how to soil out before that happened, and if it did, they could withstand the RNC longer and better than any other UFC fighter.

How would a monk stand any chance against a professional fighter?

Because Shaolin monks spend their entire life training 24/7 and can withstand repeated fast kicks to the unguarded groin. Their training and conditioning surpasses that of any fighter in the world. This is fact.

Bone shattering "chi" punches? Please.

They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

Btw, Chi energy is real. Thermo energy scanners have detected and visually revealed concentrated heat generated by Tai Chi masters.

GEO- That is what I was trying to tell these children.
You can tell people who have experience in world knowledge and those who dont.
I just see a bunch of shallow pseudo so called intellectuals here.
They are surface dwellers. But they do not realize that I can feel the wind shift
at the drop of a dime.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:17:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:07:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:51:14 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does OP have any MMA/BJJ training? A rear naked choke could choke out a lion.

True, a rear naked choke is lethal, but Shaolin fighters are too quick and would never find themselves in that position. It requires multiple steps for a fighter to execute a rear naked choke. A Shaolin monk would know how to soil out before that happened, and if it did, they could withstand the RNC longer and better than any other UFC fighter.

How would a monk stand any chance against a professional fighter?

Because Shaolin monks spend their entire life training 24/7 and can withstand repeated fast kicks to the unguarded groin. Their training and conditioning surpasses that of any fighter in the world. This is fact.

That doesn't prove fighting skills, only the mental ability to block and withstand pain (or they are all girls).


Bone shattering "chi" punches? Please.

They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

There's a lot of people that can break bricks and cinder blocks and what not. That doesn't mean they'll be able to do it in a fight.


Btw, Chi energy is real. Thermo energy scanners have detected and visually revealed concentrated heat generated by Tai Chi masters.

generating heat =/= generating chi energy. You generate heat by simply working your muscles.

There is a reason the most Shoalin Monks join circus shows, rather than actually fight. It's a lot like professional body builders, who are covered with muscles, but probably would get their arse handed to them in the ring.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:22:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

Its called the Illuminati man. And please dont tell me that they are not real.
Because they tried to get me to join their ridiculous cult.
Google this. BOHEMIAN GROVE. I wont say anymore on this matter ok.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:24:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

There are any numbers of middle aged karate guys who can chop any number of bricks or wood in half, it doesn't mean they're good fighters who can deliver lethal blows making them "too dangerous for the octagon."

Could it be that good fighting mechanics, intense cardio, and a great ground game make the best fighters? No, that's too boring. It's got to be the people with mystical powers with the capacity to shoot laser beams out of their a$$holes through their knowledge of ancient chinese secrets.

Truth is, we saw all these flashy kicks and "bone shattering punches" in the early days of the UFC only to see them dominated b y skilled boxers and muay thai experts and utterly dominated on the ground by BJJ. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The top fighters we have today are unbelievable with their expert knowledge of ground work, stand up, clinch, and modern training methods and diet.
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:25:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:17:27 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:07:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:51:14 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Does OP have any MMA/BJJ training? A rear naked choke could choke out a lion.

True, a rear naked choke is lethal, but Shaolin fighters are too quick and would never find themselves in that position. It requires multiple steps for a fighter to execute a rear naked choke. A Shaolin monk would know how to soil out before that happened, and if it did, they could withstand the RNC longer and better than any other UFC fighter.

How would a monk stand any chance against a professional fighter?

Because Shaolin monks spend their entire life training 24/7 and can withstand repeated fast kicks to the unguarded groin. Their training and conditioning surpasses that of any fighter in the world. This is fact.

That doesn't prove fighting skills, only the mental ability to block and withstand pain (or they are all girls).


Bone shattering "chi" punches? Please.

They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

There's a lot of people that can break bricks and cinder blocks and what not. That doesn't mean they'll be able to do it in a fight.


Btw, Chi energy is real. Thermo energy scanners have detected and visually revealed concentrated heat generated by Tai Chi masters.

generating heat =/= generating chi energy. You generate heat by simply working your muscles.

There is a reason the most Shoalin Monks join circus shows, rather than actually fight. It's a lot like professional body builders, who are covered with muscles, but probably would get their arse handed to them in the ring.

ORE ELE. That is bull crap and you know it. These men do hold actual tournaments and events to test their skills. This is why the guy from the Kung Fu movie was killed. I forgot this name. He is the guy from the Kill Bill movie.
HE WAS IN A CULT !!!
Dont you idiots know anything about this evil bastards.
He was murdered and his family knew this too.
The secrets of Tao Chi are deadly is used incorrectly.
And if you try to expose these secrets, Bruce Lee, you will be under the curse of
the LI family. Im saying too much here now...........
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:27:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:24:18 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

There are any numbers of middle aged karate guys who can chop any number of bricks or wood in half, it doesn't mean they're good fighters who can deliver lethal blows making them "too dangerous for the octagon."

Could it be that good fighting mechanics, intense cardio, and a great ground game make the best fighters? No, that's too boring. It's got to be the people with mystical powers with the capacity to shoot laser beams out of their a$$holes through their knowledge of ancient chinese secrets.

Truth is, we saw all these flashy kicks and "bone shattering punches" in the early days of the UFC only to see them dominated b y skilled boxers and muay thai experts and utterly dominated on the ground by BJJ. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The top fighters we have today are unbelievable with their expert knowledge of ground work, stand up, clinch, and modern training methods and diet.

A WWE fighter could beat a UFC guy. Are you kidding me ?
You got all kinds of different fighters in the world.
These guys are not the best. They are commercial.
They are on a platform that gives them the title of the worlds greatest fighters.
But the real ones are located in the Shaolin Temple. NOONE can beat these guys.
This is what helped Bruce Lee gain his skills as a fighter. You know nothing about this young one. lol
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:27:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:22:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

Its called the Illuminati man. And please dont tell me that they are not real.

Who in the film was a nephillim?

Because they tried to get me to join their ridiculous cult.

Why would they recruit someone of such low intelligence.

Google this. BOHEMIAN GROVE. I wont say anymore on this matter ok.

No I won't. I have heard of it already and never in relation to the Nephillim. This is a debate site, please provide evidence for your views.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:33:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:27:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:22:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

Its called the Illuminati man. And please dont tell me that they are not real.

Who in the film was a nephillim?

Because they tried to get me to join their ridiculous cult.

Why would they recruit someone of such low intelligence.

Google this. BOHEMIAN GROVE. I wont say anymore on this matter ok.

No I won't. I have heard of it already and never in relation to the Nephillim. This is a debate site, please provide evidence for your views.

Bohemian Grove. Google it. Coward !
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:40:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

You call that a link. You must be dumber than a box of rocks.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 4:44:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:24:18 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
They can break bricks with their palms. A palm to the chest = broken ribs.

There are any numbers of middle aged karate guys who can chop any number of bricks or wood in half, it doesn't mean they're good fighters who can deliver lethal blows making them "too dangerous for the octagon."

Karate =/= Shaolin

Karate chopping would is not what I'm talking about. Shaolin masters have the speed to break bones with a punch. Not to mention, Shaolin is specially qualified for defense and resulting in the death of the attacker.

Could it be that good fighting mechanics, intense cardio, and a great ground game make the best fighters?

Yea, Shaolin monks have good fighting mechanics, intense cardio, and have decent ground game (they wrestle bulls to practice ground game).

No, that's too boring.

Nope. UFC is very entertaining. It'd be better if more Eastern martial arts were incorporated though. Lyoto Machida is probably the only UFC guy who brings traditional Eastern martial arts to UFC and he actually does quite well having defeated some of the very best like Ortiz, Rampage, Rashad Evans, and Couture.

It's got to be the people with mystical powers with the capacity to shoot laser beams out of their a$$holes through their knowledge of ancient chinese secrets.

Mystical powers are not the center of Shaolin. Shaolin is physical and mental training. It's the Tai Chi you're thinking of which many Shaolins happen to be good at.

Truth is, we saw all these flashy kicks and "bone shattering punches" in the early days of the UFC only to see them dominated by skilled boxers and muay thai experts and utterly dominated on the ground by BJJ.

Yes, I've watched the old UFC fights and saw many karate masters in gi's lose to Gracie. But again, karate is not Shaolin. But even karate master Machida whoops a$$ in present UFC.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The top fighters we have today are unbelievable with their expert knowledge of ground work, stand up, clinch, and modern training methods and diet.

Lennox Lewis, heavyweight champ who knocked out Mike Tyson, was once asked if he would ever mess with one of the Shaolin and said "absolutely not."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 5:17:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
^Most of what you're saying just remains to be seen in the Octagon. If you're going to make that case it better be well-supported. What Lennox Lewis says is basically irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure those monks can't be too big either. It seems unlikely that Lewis would have any trouble with a 150 lb. chinese guy and before you say "he's only a boxer!" I seriously recommend you gain some first hand experience in this sport before commenting.

So much of what you learn in classes like BJJ needs to be modified for MMA, but until these guys start entering the octagon I must maintain a skepticism. I'm done responding to these outlandish, theoretical challenges. Like the mysticism of Bruce Lee, there seems to be little to no track record of these guys in professional fights.
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 5:23:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 5:17:07 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
^Most of what you're saying just remains to be seen in the Octagon. If you're going to make that case it better be well-supported. What Lennox Lewis says is basically irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure those monks can't be too big either. It seems unlikely that Lewis would have any trouble with a 150 lb. chinese guy and before you say "he's only a boxer!" I seriously recommend you gain some first hand experience in this sport before commenting.

So much of what you learn in classes like BJJ needs to be modified for MMA, but until these guys start entering the octagon I must maintain a skepticism. I'm done responding to these outlandish, theoretical challenges. Like the mysticism of Bruce Lee, there seems to be little to no track record of these guys in professional fights.

Yes there are. Bruce Lee was in many real life fights with his enemies !
And one of them almost resulted in a death. It was on camera, but after the fight was over, Bruce Lee took the film out of the camera and ripped it to shreds.
This was all documented in the real world.
So again. Misinformation dear ! Please get your facts together.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 5:34:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:33:16 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:27:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:22:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

Its called the Illuminati man. And please dont tell me that they are not real.

Who in the film was a nephillim?

Because they tried to get me to join their ridiculous cult.

Why would they recruit someone of such low intelligence.

Google this. BOHEMIAN GROVE. I wont say anymore on this matter ok.

No I won't. I have heard of it already and never in relation to the Nephillim. This is a debate site, please provide evidence for your views.

Bohemian Grove. Google it. Coward !

I am already familiar with it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 5:36:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 4:40:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

You call that a link. You must be dumber than a box of rocks.

Well it clearly was a link... it takes you to the number one website for film information and it proved my point...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,565
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 5:42:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 5:36:43 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:40:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

You call that a link. You must be dumber than a box of rocks.

Well it clearly was a link... it takes you to the number one website for film information and it proved my point...

Cerebal. Do you know how to read ? I cant believe Im telling an Englishman about the battle of Spartacus ! I read the entire story my child about the war of 300/
How is it that you do not know about this ? Im American. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO !!!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 5:53:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 5:42:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 5:36:43 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:40:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:14:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 4:03:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:47:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

Okay so you do realise that the movie 300 is based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event in which there were no Shaolin Monks?

Comic Book. Cerebal this movie is based on the real life war between the Greeks, Spartans, and the Persians.

Again, the film was based on a comic book fantasy version of a real event.
http://www.imdb.com...

This actually happened and guess what.
Yes, the occult was also used to fight in this war as it has always been the case.
The Persians stole the guarded secrets from the Egyptians. This is why when they say gods, they are really talking about the half man half beasts that is spoke about in the Bible. These are Nephilum or hybrids of fallen angels. Modern day society calls them > ILLUMINATI. See how easy that was.

So they stole the Nephillim or were the Nephillim? Any evidence for that... no of course not.

You call that a link. You must be dumber than a box of rocks.

Well it clearly was a link... it takes you to the number one website for film information and it proved my point...

Cerebal. Do you know how to read ? I cant believe Im telling an Englishman about the battle of Spartacus ! I read the entire story my child about the war of 300/
How is it that you do not know about this ? Im American. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO !!!

The film called 300 is based on a GRAPHIC NOVEL which is itself a fantasy version of the real BATTLE (not war) of Thermopylae you utter retard.

It has nothing to do with Spartacus which is many centuries later.

Are you a real person or a character?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 7:45:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'd love to see a Shaolin master fight a MMA master.
That would either be spectacular or extremely disappointing.

I'm with Justin though; those MMA fighters are tough as nails. Until I see a Shaolin monk step into the octagon, I will remain sceptical.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 7:55:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:41:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
As a Buddhist and UFC fan, I find this to be an intriguing scenario. As of now, there have been no Shaolin monks to have entered the ring in UFC, though there have been a wide array of martial arts styles in UFC like Muay Thai, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Karate, and Tai Kwon Do. Do you think a Shaolin monk could defeat a UFC fighter?

Most argue that UFC fighters have ground game and would easily submit a Shaolin fighter, but they forget that Shaolin monks can hang themselves in the meditation position for an impressive length of minutes and also stand on their head to strengthen their neck. A chokehold would be childsplay to them. They also have the strength to pull two bulls. It's doubtful that submission would be easy not to mention it would be incredibly easy for a Shaolin monk to dodge most takedown attempts.

They can also withstand multiple blows to the head given that their heads have been trained to the point where their skull is twice as strong than an average skull.

The problem is that Shaolins are trained to kill so many of their lightning Chi punches would shatter their bones and damage their organs which is illegal in the Octagon.

Jon Bones Jones is currently the best UFC MMA fighter in the world having never lost, never taken down, and never knocked out. He is tall with long reach, and extremely fit, so he'd probably have the best chance against a Shaolin master. Dana White really just needs to go to East Asia and recruit someone from a Shaolin temple to take on Jon Jones.

So do you think MMA's best (Jones, Silva, Cain, GSP) could beat a Shaolin monk?

shaolin monks are about playing Defence.. something they don't have to do anymore...
something that is Not UFC

also.. I doubt any shaolin monk can pull two bulls or "shatter" bones with a punch.. or that a proper choke from a pro would be childsplay to them.

That said.. I think it would be interesting to see a good kung fu guy in the ufc.. Kung fu is fun to watch...

Also.. I bet some shaolin monks would do ok.. but not All by any means.
Most would probably be rocked.
also.. you have to remember they'll probably almost all featherweights :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 8:11:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would love to see this fight. Of course, this would have to be a fight with no rules.

I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan, but Bruce Lee was a fighter with no rules. He wooped major @ss, and if there were no rules, I think he would win. With rules, I don't know how he would adapt, but in my mind(which truly believes that bruce lee could woop the sh!t out of anyone), even with rules, Bruce Lee would win. Course, I have to acknowledge that Bruce Lee was a straight fighter, not a man of sport.

Ok, now that said, a Shaolin Monk fighting against a UFC fighter would be fuggin sweat, and that just be my guy senses talking, but FVCK YEAH.

If martial arts films are any indication, I'd say that a Shaolin Monk would woop the fvck out of a UFC fighter. Then again, martial arts films also teach us that kids and women can woop the sh!t out of just about anyone, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Either way, real Shaolin monk v.s. UFC fighter.. I'd watch that sh!t, and I'd be rootin' for the Shaolin Monk.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 8:14:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 7:55:34 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
also.. I doubt any shaolin monk can pull two bulls

[0:00 - 1:04]

or "shatter" bones

[1:05 - 1:20]
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 8:42:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 3:44:19 PM, inferno wrote:
No. Because Monks practice witchcraft and use spiritualism and the occult when it comes to warfare. Did you see the movie 300 / That is your proof.
A UFC Fighter would not stand a chance against a man who can take a steel blade to the heart.

There is no way this can be anything other than trolling or a joke...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2011 8:43:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/3/2011 8:14:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/3/2011 7:55:34 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
also.. I doubt any shaolin monk can pull two bulls

[0:00 - 1:04]

or "shatter" bones

[1:05 - 1:20]



@2:00
MFW the guy breaks like 6 bricks stacked on the other guys head - :O
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...