Jump to topic:

DDO based Christian Documentary

Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 5:03:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I have had this idea of a documentary for a long time. The first portion is where I interview a handful of people and ask them all a set series of questions regarding religion, and then more specifically Christianity. After their questions have been answered I have them watch 2 movies I have chosen, and read certain parts of the bible. Afterwards I reinterview them asking the same questions and see how, if at all, the answers have changed. Then finally I let them go on with their lives for a month or two and then ask them again the questions. This is to see if time takes away from any new found emotion attributed to the questions. I was thinking that DDO people would be perfect because I don't personally know any of you, and that would make it an unbiased interviewed base. I would basically send you the questions and you would film yourself answering them. I would then compile all footage and edit it into a documentary.

Anyone interested?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 11:28:38 AM
At 10/4/2011 5:03:15 PM, Crede wrote:
So I have had this idea of a documentary for a long time. The first portion is where I interview a handful of people and ask them all a set series of questions regarding religion, and then more specifically Christianity. After their questions have been answered I have them watch 2 movies I have chosen, and read certain parts of the bible. Afterwards I reinterview them asking the same questions and see how, if at all, the answers have changed. Then finally I let them go on with their lives for a month or two and then ask them again the questions. This is to see if time takes away from any new found emotion attributed to the questions. I was thinking that DDO people would be perfect because I don't personally know any of you, and that would make it an unbiased interviewed base. I would basically send you the questions and you would film yourself answering them. I would then compile all footage and edit it into a documentary.

Anyone interested?

so basically there would be no way to participate if we use a computer that's low tech without the ability to film ourselves?

you couldn't just do this in a essay newspaper report like manner? whats gained with DDO'ers filming themselves? easier to judge emotional reactions your looking for? or to narrate what you think there reactions are for them?

just do the interviews through the PM's, that way I CAN PLAY too
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 11:33:04 AM
If it's a video documentary, doing this through writing wouldn't be as interesting.

I'd take part if not for my sneaking suspicion that my video would be edited in such a way as to misrepresent my position.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 11:43:44 AM
At 10/5/2011 11:33:04 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
If it's a video documentary, doing this through writing wouldn't be as interesting.

I'd take part if not for my sneaking suspicion that my video would be edited in such a way as to misrepresent my position.

There's an easy way to avoid being the butt of spin talk. Don't say stuff you wouldn't have people quote you from.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 1:11:25 PM
lol, don't worry, i'm not an evil editor. But the videos would probably be edited so all would answer the same question, and then everybody would move on to the next. And yes video is neccessary, it captures the emotion much better, it is a video documentary.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 5:27:19 PM
Can I answer the questions in a bathrobe with a cup of coffee while sitting in a chair made of naked women?

Better yet, could I answer the questions in the buff?

You know, never mind. But if I'm to take part in this, I'm going to try to at least try to be creative with the whole interrogation thing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 5:32:40 PM
At 10/5/2011 5:27:19 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Can I answer the questions in a bathrobe with a cup of coffee while sitting in a chair made of naked women?

You know, never mind. But if I'm to take part in this, I'm going to try to at least try to be creative with the whole interrogation thing.

Well I am sorry to say that if you are naked with naked women all around I'll have to not include your answers. But I'm sure you can find other ways to be creative without lude visions.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 6:05:08 PM
At 10/5/2011 5:32:40 PM, Crede wrote:

Well I am sorry to say that if you are naked with naked women all around I'll have to not include your answers. But I'm sure you can find other ways to be creative without lude visions.

I just thought it would be funny. Especially if I decided to act and take an anti-theist type stance.

After all, every good movie needs a bad guy who seems to embody all sin. So while naked and sitting on a throne of naked women, I should also be holding a ham in one hand and a goblet filled with the blood of an aborted fetus in the other.

Maybe have some light satan metal playing in the background, and..

No, just kidding, I'll be honest. Sure, I'll take part. Just be sure to give me time limits on responses and all that so I don't ramble for too long. I'd rather not be cut at all, if you know what I mean.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 6:08:43 PM
Actually I encourage other worldviews (atheism, naturalism, pantheism, polytheism, whateverism but Christ is falsism, lol).

Confirmed participant list:
CosmicAlfonzo
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:03:02 AM

did you buy that chair on ebay, craigs list, or in a yard sail as you were walking by Santas workshop?

A Scout is Obedient.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:06:09 AM
At 10/6/2011 12:03:02 AM, Marauder wrote:

did you buy that chair on ebay, craigs list, or in a yard sail as you were walking by Santas workshop?

I play guitar proficiently, and am notoriously charming.

Stupid women flock to me. Intelligent girls don't flock to musicians, because they are aware of how poor we are.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:58:39 PM
me
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 7:22:59 PM
At 10/10/2011 6:59:49 PM, Crede wrote:
At 10/10/2011 6:58:39 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
me

Are you Christian?

Yes very
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 7:29:52 PM
At 10/10/2011 7:22:59 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
At 10/10/2011 6:59:49 PM, Crede wrote:
At 10/10/2011 6:58:39 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
me

Are you Christian?

Yes very

Well then unfortunately I can't include you. This is based on observing how non-Christians approach the questions before and after the movies and reading. Basically it will be used to determine the effectiveness of a certain type of witnessing. Thanks though!