The Holy Spirit

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 6:50:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/9/2011 6:43:21 PM, rogue wrote:
I have seen this come up in several forums. What exactly is the Holy Spirit? How do you know if you are "with" it?

Well according to the bible if you filled with the spirit you can take up serpents, drink poisen and cast out demons.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 6:58:11 PM
At 10/9/2011 6:50:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I have seen this come up in several forums. What exactly is the Holy Spirit? How do you know if you are "with" it?

Well according to the bible if you filled with the spirit you can take up serpents, drink poisen and cast out demons.

?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 7:18:41 PM
At 10/9/2011 6:58:11 PM, Crede wrote:

Well according to the bible if you are filled with the spirit you can take up serpents, drink poisen and cast out demons.

?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 7:55:54 PM

Mark 16:18 was actually added sometime afterwords. Probably in an attempt to troll Christians into offing themselves.

Either that or the guy who altered it really believed it, and was crazy.

It is not found in the earliest manuscripts of that gospel.

No, the holy spirit embodies an attitude of intellectual integrity, and all the things that come with it. It is also referred to in the bible as the spirit that leads into all truth.

Jesus says that all blasphemy will be forgiven except for blasphemy against the holy spirit. Those who practice willful ignorance are blasphemers of the holy spirit, and suffer greatly for it in this life.

Contrary to what most believe, it is not another personality of God, or a ghost that goes around guiding people.

When the bible speaks of "Spirit" it is talking about a mental thing, not a ghostly thing. Certain translations have done much to perpetuate this misconception.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 8:02:42 PM
When the bible speaks of "Spirit" it is talking about a mental thing, not a ghostly thing. Certain translations have done much to perpetuate this misconception.

I think when the bible speaks of "Spirit" it is talking about...."Spirit". The mind is part of the body. When talking about the Holy Spirit we are talking about God' spirit.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 10:56:28 PM
At 10/9/2011 7:55:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Mark 16:18 was actually added sometime afterwords. Probably in an attempt to troll Christians into offing themselves.

Either that or the guy who altered it really believed it, and was crazy.

It is not found in the earliest manuscripts of that gospel.

No, the holy spirit embodies an attitude of intellectual integrity, and all the things that come with it. It is also referred to in the bible as the spirit that leads into all truth.

Jesus says that all blasphemy will be forgiven except for blasphemy against the holy spirit. Those who practice willful ignorance are blasphemers of the holy spirit, and suffer greatly for it in this life.

Contrary to what most believe, it is not another personality of God, or a ghost that goes around guiding people.

I thought it was a part of God cause it is part of the Holy trinity.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 10:57:07 PM
At 10/9/2011 8:02:42 PM, Crede wrote:

I think when the bible speaks of "Spirit" it is talking about...."Spirit". The mind is part of the body. When talking about the Holy Spirit we are talking about God' spirit.

You mean God's mind?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 3:09:20 AM
The trinity in itself is misleading, and not accurate.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:02:02 PM
It's like being possessed by a demon except it's good.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 12:58:35 PM
It is like having a spirit Guide but it is God who is your spirit guide.

He communicates with you as you are willing to have the communication.

Agreed with Phantom. It is like Demon possession but different as there is no domineering control or desire to harm you.

It is a beneficial relationship with your spirit linking to God's.

It is far more complex but that is a generic Hollywood soundbiite
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 3:37:38 PM

It is nothing. Literally.