Jump to topic:

Is this video evidence for Ghosts?

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 1:50:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Those who do not believe in the supernatural, watch this and then decide what is going on for your selves.

Don't back away into the corner of your anti supernatural world either, be honest and be realistic.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 1:58:35 PM
A black kid shouting and chucking himself around? My God, the only possible explanation is ghosts. Nothing else can account for a kid throwing himself back on a chair, or pushing himself against a wall.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 3:51:59 PM
At 10/11/2011 1:58:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
A black kid shouting and chucking himself around? My God, the only possible explanation is ghosts. Nothing else can account for a kid throwing himself back on a chair, or pushing himself against a wall.

It looks like the child is being moved by a force other than himself. Take a closer look, and stop being so damn one minded.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:05:08 PM
At 10/11/2011 3:51:59 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 10/11/2011 1:58:35 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It looks like the child is being moved by a force other than himself. Take a closer look, and stop being so damn one minded.

It looks like... is not sufficient evidence of the supernatural.

With regards to the chair does it look a bit like something pushed him, yes. Is it impossible that he pushed himself back, no. What is more likely, that a Ghost pushed him, or he pushed himself? The latter.

With regards to the wall, does it look a bit like something pushed him against the wall yes. Is it impossible that he pushed himself against the wall, no. Does he leg go at a funny angle, yes. Is is impossible that he put his leg at a funny angle, no. What is more likely, that a ghost pushed him against the wall or that he pushed himself. The latter.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:10:05 PM
Actually after re-watching the second video there 'appears' to be obvious external drag acting on the boy. Easily doable with a thin piece of wire. There is no obstruction for a great deal of distance in that direction, it is also night. Very easy bit of stage magic.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:10:07 PM
How come it's a "ghost", and not a demon, pixie, troll, or fairy possessing him?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:18:23 PM
At 10/11/2011 4:10:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
How come it's a "ghost", and not a demon, pixie, troll, or fairy possessing him?

Don't know, we might just call demons, pixie (crazy idea) trolls (craxy idea) or fairies (crazy idea) ghosts.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:19:45 PM
At 10/11/2011 4:10:05 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Actually after re-watching the second video there 'appears' to be obvious external drag acting on the boy. Easily doable with a thin piece of wire. There is no obstruction for a great deal of distance in that direction, it is also night. Very easy bit of stage magic.

Come on mate, don't be darft! No evidence of string, or any stage acts.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:23:03 PM
At 10/11/2011 4:19:45 PM, GodSands wrote:

It's a blurry video at night, stage magicians do the most obvious tricks in full light in glossy high definition and still fool millions of people. I am not even convinced that there is a need for such an explanation but it is less contrived than blaming ghosts.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:11:19 PM
At 10/11/2011 4:23:03 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It's a blurry video at night, stage magicians do the most obvious tricks in full light in glossy high definition and still fool millions of people. I am not even convinced that there is a need for such an explanation but it is less contrived than blaming ghosts.

I was too quick to exclude it as a magicians trick, but I have no obvious reason to think it to be a magicians trick. I believe in the supernatural, and until evidence to prove otherwise, suggesting such like ghosts do not exist, I will believe that this video is more than likely genuine.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:17:58 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:11:19 PM, GodSands wrote:

I was too quick to exclude it as a magicians trick, but I have no obvious reason to think it to be a magicians trick. I believe in the supernatural, and until evidence to prove otherwise, suggesting such like ghosts do not exist, I will believe that this video is more than likely genuine.

What is more likely? That it appears supernatural or that it is?

Before you believe it to be supernatural maybe you should consider other options, what if it's a trailer for a film inspired by paranormal activity?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:30:19 PM
Talking about the second event.

There is a maybe a a bit under half a second where he throws his arms and one of his legs out.

Watch the lower half of his body, it doesn't look like there is any other force other than him falling and maybe extensions of his legs (legs arn't totally in camera) The movements from the top half of his body and the screaming "sell" this move.

We could break down this video frame by frame now couldn't we.

For more about "selling" moves go look at professional wrestling.

Ladies and Gentlemen the most glorified elbow drop in all of sports entertainment....................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:33:02 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:30:19 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Talking about the second event.

There is a maybe a a bit under half a second where he throws his arms and one of his legs out.

Watch the lower half of his body, it doesn't look like there is any other force other than him falling and maybe extensions of his legs (legs arn't totally in camera) The movements from the top half of his body and the screaming "sell" this move.

We could break down this video frame by frame now couldn't we.

For more about "selling" moves go look at professional wrestling.

Ladies and Gentlemen the most glorified elbow drop in all of sports entertainment....................

Never have I seen a wrestling clip be used to make a sensible point.

But in light of that, I consider my possible theory of stage magic unecessarily complex. The boy just moved.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:34:10 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:17:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Before you believe it to be supernatural maybe you should consider other options, what if it's a trailer for a film inspired by paranormal activity?

I very much doubt it is an inspiration of any kind. And that is, more likely that it is a supernatural case.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:38:16 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:34:10 PM, GodSands wrote:

I very much doubt it is an inspiration of any kind. And that is, more likely that it is a supernatural case.

Why?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 1:02:28 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:38:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Why?

Because there is no advertisement for the video in being some kind of a Blair-witch project type movie. And there is no evidence of that either. And I believe that it is a supernatural case, I cannot know.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 1:06:27 PM
At 10/12/2011 1:02:28 PM, GodSands wrote:

Why?

Because there is no advertisement for the video in being some kind of a Blair-witch project type movie. And there is no evidence of that either. And I believe that it is a supernatural case, I cannot know.

Why do you believe it to be supernatural? If I made a video of myself shouting and falling of a chair would you believe that as evidence of ghosts?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 1:41:13 PM

Why?

I think you need to spend a night inside a haunted house or building.
There will be no more skepticism on your part. I gurantee it.
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 1:50:03 PM
At 10/11/2011 1:50:57 PM, GodSands wrote:
Those who do not believe in the supernatural, watch this and then decide what is going on for your selves.

Don't back away into the corner of your anti supernatural world either, be honest and be realistic.

It's not real. People are really good at faking things. Look at nearly every hollywood movie for example. The transformers are not real too.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 5:32:49 PM
At 10/12/2011 1:06:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Why?

Why do you believe it to be supernatural? If I made a video of myself shouting and falling of a chair would you believe that as evidence of ghosts?

I might, yes. Why wouldn't I believe you? Why ought I believe it to be anything else? Where is the standard that says one thing is less possible than something other?
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 5:34:08 PM
At 10/12/2011 5:32:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 10/12/2011 1:06:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Why?

I might, yes. Why wouldn't I believe you? Why ought I believe it to be anything else? Where is the standard that says one thing is less possible than something other?

I have a bridge to sell you.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 5:35:10 PM
At 10/12/2011 1:50:03 PM, Diagoras wrote:

It's not real. People are really good at faking things. Look at nearly every hollywood movie for example. The transformers are not real too.

Thats the most flawed thing I've heard for a while. According to atheism, Superman could well exist.
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 5:48:22 PM
At 10/12/2011 5:35:10 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 10/12/2011 1:50:03 PM, Diagoras wrote:

Thats the most flawed thing I've heard for a while. According to atheism, Superman could well exist.

Hahahahaha, you don't know jack shi* about Atheism. Sure, atheism will say that aliens exibiting all the powers of superman might exist on another planet, but the odds are extremely rare. Though much higher than some "god" especially a "god" that you think actually cares about you. If there is a "god" watching you, he's probably laughing at all the crazy people killing each other in his name.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 6:23:45 PM
Don't back away into the corner of your anti supernatural world either, be honest and be realistic.:

*yawn*

Extremely easy to fake this and therefore, like so many other "ghost" videos, it's inconclusive.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 6:26:36 PM
Come on mate, don't be darft! No evidence of string, or any stage acts.:

Uh, no evidence of ghosts... But which one satisfies Okham's Razor best -- that this family does it for attention or that supernatural entities are attacking a random boy?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
reasonable75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:10:15 PM

Spooky bro, but come on as somebody who's seen a fair amount of illusions this has clear signs of being staged. Isn't it kinda odd how his chair just happens to be positioned in front of an open door with just the right spacing and lighting to make such a trick easy. While the wall one also allows for the perfect conditions for such a trick(plenty of spacing, yet honestly a good magician would likely have made it much less obvious). And the kids reason for being against a wall is seriously because he wants to stand next to the ghost that's supposedly tormenting him?

Here's a much better illusion my friend:

I wouldn't be so quick to believe such things. Remaining a skeptic until clear evidence, or in this case any evidence, comes forth is the more reasonable position.
"There's a false assumption about science operating here. Science is not in principle committed to the idea that there's no after-life, or that the mind is identical to the brain, or that materialism is true. Science is completely open to whatever in fact is true." - Sam Harris

jimtimmy wrote:
"Look at me look at me look at me! I am a scary racist... trololololol. Oh noes somene is holding me to account for my sh1t."

Cerebral_Narcissist: "Cool story bro."
reasonable75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:14:48 PM
At 10/12/2011 10:10:15 PM, reasonable75 wrote:

Spooky bro, but come on as somebody who's seen a fair amount of illusions this has clear signs of being staged. Isn't it kinda odd how his chair just happens to be positioned in front of an open door with just the right spacing and lighting to make such a trick easy. While the wall one also allows for the perfect conditions for such a trick(plenty of spacing, yet honestly a good magician would likely have made it much less obvious). And the kids reason for being against a wall is seriously because he wants to stand next to the ghost that's supposedly tormenting him?

Here's a much better illusion my friend:

I wouldn't be so quick to believe such things. Remaining a skeptic until clear evidence, or in this case any evidence, comes forth is the more reasonable position.

o by the way the video I posted is an illusion by magician Cyril Takayama. (just in case you wanted to know)
"There's a false assumption about science operating here. Science is not in principle committed to the idea that there's no after-life, or that the mind is identical to the brain, or that materialism is true. Science is completely open to whatever in fact is true." - Sam Harris

jimtimmy wrote:
"Look at me look at me look at me! I am a scary racist... trololololol. Oh noes somene is holding me to account for my sh1t."

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:22:53 PM
The kid has potential as a soccer player but.....
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:24:06 PM
On two points here.
I am a supernaturalist and these attacks appear faked to me.
A couple of reasons is the mother moves in for the "grab" both times.
The first scene you can see clearly there appears to be a jerking of his legs prior to the kicking.

However,
If you provided a video of God no athiest would believe it. They are incapable of openly evaluating any evidence. They will always presuppose a naturalistic explanation.
reasonable75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:43:47 PM
At 10/12/2011 10:24:06 PM, Gileandos wrote:
On two points here.
I am a supernaturalist and these attacks appear faked to me.
A couple of reasons is the mother moves in for the "grab" both times.
The first scene you can see clearly there appears to be a jerking of his legs prior to the kicking.

However,
If you provided a video of God no athiest would believe it. They are incapable of openly evaluating any evidence. They will always presuppose a naturalistic explanation.

I'm completely open to whatever in fact is true my friend. It just so happens that the naturalistic explanation has held up well so far.

jimtimmy wrote: