Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

>> Homework Assignment for Atheists << ?

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 11:51:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a homework assignment for you Atheists today.
Tonight is special. Do you have a television ? Good, now listen up.
I want all of you to watch a show on The History Channel called
Ancient Aliens. It will air 9PM Eastern Standard time.
Did you get that ? Goooooood.
We will discuss this and what happened on the show at a later date.
But please dont miss this one folks. It is a classic. And yes, after seeing this episode, you may have a change of heart and some answers to the questions in your head. Comments.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:05:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:02:19 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At least Ancient Aliens are more scientific than a "god."

Whatever you say pal. Just watch the show. It has a lot to do with what is said in the Bible. Dont say I did not warn you.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:19:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You do realise that just because it is on TV does not mean it is true?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:19:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:05:32 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:02:19 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At least Ancient Aliens are more scientific than a "god."

Whatever you say pal. Just watch the show. It has a lot to do with what is said in the Bible. Dont say I did not warn you.

Is it the ancient snake/dragon/coutl/serpent cult?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:24:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I won't be able to watch it (not that I'm atheist). Do you have a link to a similar article? Or at least say what it's about so I can look it up?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:31:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:24:02 PM, phantom wrote:
I won't be able to watch it (not that I'm atheist). Do you have a link to a similar article? Or at least say what it's about so I can look it up?

Just Google Ancient Aliens on History Channel.
Everything that you need is right there.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:32:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:19:14 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You do realise that just because it is on TV does not mean it is true?

This is a documentary based on scientific facts.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:45:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:31:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:24:02 PM, phantom wrote:
I won't be able to watch it (not that I'm atheist). Do you have a link to a similar article? Or at least say what it's about so I can look it up?

Just Google Ancient Aliens on History Channel.
Everything that you need is right there.

Okie dokie.

tah
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:50:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://media.tumblr.com...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 6:27:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:50:15 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
http://media.tumblr.com...

I Lol'd
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 6:42:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:32:03 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:19:14 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You do realise that just because it is on TV does not mean it is true?

This is a documentary based on scientific facts.:

LOL! No, it isn't... it's based on conjecture and sensationalism. Secondly, atheism and belief in aliens is more compatible than theists and aliens.

Remember that verse where Jesus talks about aliens? Me neither.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 6:48:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is quite amusing...Inferno, trying to convert us with your hard--I mean baseless--"facts".
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 6:51:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The History Channel has seriously declined in respectability when half of their shows have nothing to do with actual history.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 7:00:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 6:51:33 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The History Channel has seriously declined in respectability when half of their shows have nothing to do with actual history.

I haven't watched much of it...What are some examples of the "shows that have nothing to do with actual history"?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 7:04:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 7:00:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/12/2011 6:51:33 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The History Channel has seriously declined in respectability when half of their shows have nothing to do with actual history.

I haven't watched much of it...What are some examples of the "shows that have nothing to do with actual history"?:

Well, Ancient Aliens, for one... It's a show based entirely on conjecture with snippets of facts. Secondly, there is a show named "Top Shot," which is a reality show about marksmen competing with one another. What the hell does that have to do with "history?" Nothing.

It just goes to show that at the end of the day, it's all about ratings.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
reasonable75
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:30:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 12:32:03 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:19:14 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You do realise that just because it is on TV does not mean it is true?

This is a documentary based on scientific facts.

lol no its not bro. I've seen Ancient aliens, not one of those guys even has a degree. Plus here's the sort of reasoning they use: "Hey that ancient drawing of a candle, could be a candle, but you know what if you spin it on its side it looks like a rocket ship so you know what ancient people must have seen aliens. lol if you can find a tv show with more bs I'll applaud you.
"There's a false assumption about science operating here. Science is not in principle committed to the idea that there's no after-life, or that the mind is identical to the brain, or that materialism is true. Science is completely open to whatever in fact is true." - Sam Harris

jimtimmy wrote:
"Look at me look at me look at me! I am a scary racist... trololololol. Oh noes somene is holding me to account for my sh1t."

Cerebral_Narcissist: "Cool story bro."
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:32:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 9:30:02 PM, reasonable75 wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:32:03 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/12/2011 12:19:14 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You do realise that just because it is on TV does not mean it is true?

This is a documentary based on scientific facts.

lol no its not bro. I've seen Ancient aliens, not one of those guys even has a degree. Plus here's the sort of reasoning they use: "Hey that ancient drawing of a candle, could be a candle, but you know what if you spin it on its side it looks like a rocket ship so you know what ancient people must have seen aliens. lol if you can find a tv show with more bs I'll applaud you.

I agree but when you watch finding bigfoot it takes it to a whole new level.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:37:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 7:04:37 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 10/12/2011 7:00:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/12/2011 6:51:33 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The History Channel has seriously declined in respectability when half of their shows have nothing to do with actual history.

I haven't watched much of it...What are some examples of the "shows that have nothing to do with actual history"?:

Well, Ancient Aliens, for one... It's a show based entirely on conjecture with snippets of facts. Secondly, there is a show named "Top Shot," which is a reality show about marksmen competing with one another. What the hell does that have to do with "history?" Nothing.

It just goes to show that at the end of the day, it's all about ratings.

Oh. And there's Ice Road Truckers. And Pawn Stars (which BARELY eeks by with a history theme).
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:52:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Watched it. Laughed. Not interesting, constant spew of people's hypothesis bigged up by the fact that it is on the History Channel and is so commercialised it can be summarised in a few words.

I watched the first bit of season 3 myself, and after 2 episodes, I gave up.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Crede
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:01:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:52:00 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Watched it. Laughed. Not interesting, constant spew of people's hypothesis bigged up by the fact that it is on the History Channel and is so commercialised it can be summarised in a few words.

I watched the first bit of season 3 myself, and after 2 episodes, I gave up.

Reminds me of the crazy jumps in possibilities as the show Ghost Adventures. "Was this the ghost of the cook reaching for his cooking pan? (a speck of dust flies in front of the camera)."
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:49:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:52:00 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Watched it. Laughed. Not interesting, constant spew of people's hypothesis bigged up by the fact that it is on the History Channel and is so commercialised it can be summarised in a few words.

I watched the first bit of season 3 myself, and after 2 episodes, I gave up.

So obviously you are not willing to experience the supernatural on your own.
This is utter cowardice.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:45:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 11:51:27 AM, inferno wrote:
I have a homework assignment for you Atheists today.
Tonight is special. Do you have a television ? Good, now listen up.
I want all of you to watch a show on The History Channel called
Ancient Aliens. It will air 9PM Eastern Standard time.
Did you get that ? Goooooood.
We will discuss this and what happened on the show at a later date.
But please dont miss this one folks. It is a classic. And yes, after seeing this episode, you may have a change of heart and some answers to the questions in your head. Comments.

Sorry I prefer to do actual research from valid sources and not get my info from tv which isn't necessarily true.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:48:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 7:49:24 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:52:00 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Watched it. Laughed. Not interesting, constant spew of people's hypothesis bigged up by the fact that it is on the History Channel and is so commercialised it can be summarised in a few words.

I watched the first bit of season 3 myself, and after 2 episodes, I gave up.

So obviously you are not willing to experience the supernatural on your own.
This is utter cowardice.

Or, he doesn't believe everything he sees on tv and uses REASON and LOGIC instead of "oh I don't understand this so it must be supernatural!"
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 10:00:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:48:28 PM, rogue wrote:
At 10/13/2011 7:49:24 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:52:00 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Watched it. Laughed. Not interesting, constant spew of people's hypothesis bigged up by the fact that it is on the History Channel and is so commercialised it can be summarised in a few words.

I watched the first bit of season 3 myself, and after 2 episodes, I gave up.

So obviously you are not willing to experience the supernatural on your own.
This is utter cowardice.

Or, he doesn't believe everything he sees on tv and uses REASON and LOGIC instead of "oh I don't understand this so it must be supernatural!"

There is a new episode of Ancient Aliens on this Wednesday night.
Dont miss it.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 10:00:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:48:28 PM, rogue wrote:
At 10/13/2011 7:49:24 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:52:00 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Watched it. Laughed. Not interesting, constant spew of people's hypothesis bigged up by the fact that it is on the History Channel and is so commercialised it can be summarised in a few words.

I watched the first bit of season 3 myself, and after 2 episodes, I gave up.

So obviously you are not willing to experience the supernatural on your own.
This is utter cowardice.

Or, he doesn't believe everything he sees on tv and uses REASON and LOGIC instead of "oh I don't understand this so it must be supernatural!"

There is a new episode of Ancient Aliens on this Wednesday night.
Dont miss this one. Amen.