Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Religious Beliefs

Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe? god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people? What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:43:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god?

Sure. Studies show you feel better and are less stressed.

I read that as people are less stressed because they do not have to think. Just bleat along and follow
.

Why does anyone believe?

You may find that 95 % of those who claim belief, do not believe. they follow for tadition and culture. You will note how poorly apologists handle questions because they do not know or care about their theology or dogma.

god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people?

They do if it is a Gay person.

What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?

Indeed.

Thank your stars my friend that religionists do not follow their God's laws. Can you immagine the carnage.

Regards
DL
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:23:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe?

Why is it so hard to understand that people have come to a different conclusion then you?

god no longer heals people.

Says who?

If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people?

Because we can't make that judgment without substantial proof.

What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon.

Christians support the same morals God does. God can judge things we can't. We are limited where He is not.

What reasoning?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
hotdog
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 4:43:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe? god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people? What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?

illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity is a good description of your post.

How do you feel about arrogance and a sense of intellectual superiority that has no basis in reality outside of your mind? ie a delusion.

There are many logical reasons to believe in god. Surely someone as obviously intelligent as you would have heard of some of them?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:23:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 4:43:09 AM, hotdog wrote:
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe? god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people? What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?

illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity is a good description of your post.

How do you feel about arrogance and a sense of intellectual superiority that has no basis in reality outside of your mind? ie a delusion.

There are many logical reasons to believe in god. Surely someone as obviously intelligent as you would have heard of some of them?

Other than escapism, I do not know of any good reason to throw away logic and reason for belief in an imaginary God.
To somehow make yourself believe in fantasy, miracles and magic is forcing yourself into insanity.

You should check your own delusion as you say others have them.
Perhaps your delusion is better than their delusion but you will note that the morals of your delusion are non existent in your genocidal God.

Regards
DL
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:28:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think that you are the one who is filled with delusion. You are another one that has not had any type of supernatural experience at all. Again, you are talking out of your azz to compensate for the internal conflict inside your soul. I see nothing here
that appeases me in the least bit. Your words are like a fog that is about to be ousted by the heat of the summer sun.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:30:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 4:43:09 AM, hotdog wrote:
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe? god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people? What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?

illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity is a good description of your post.

How do you feel about arrogance and a sense of intellectual superiority that has no basis in reality outside of your mind? ie a delusion.

There are many logical reasons to believe in god. Surely someone as obviously intelligent as you would have heard of some of them?

what might some of those be? I am absolutely curious. Before you name them master the topics of argument from ignorance and god of the gaps fallacy(they are the same) and then give us these reasons. I would hate to see those ridiculous logical fallacies come up.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:02:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe? god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people? What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?

Sure there are lots of reason.
Logic, scripture, history and even experience.

Your post seems to imply you hold to the illogical philosophy of "because I have not experienced these claims they cannot be possibly true."

That would be the epitome of foolishness and illogical stupidity. Why do you complain others do it when you appear to do illogical and foolish things?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:37:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL

Again. You do not wish to experiene a supernatural event. Coward.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:46:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL

This seems to be mere accusation.

I can do the same.
Your intellect is a delusion you hold. It is mere fantasy with zero proof that your intellect exists (I deny any proof you assert).
It is a miracle that you can communicate.

You see? I can make mean accusations too, it does not make me brilliant but merely snarky.
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:48:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:46:04 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL

This seems to be mere accusation.

I can do the same.
Your intellect is a delusion you hold. It is mere fantasy with zero proof that your intellect exists (I deny any proof you assert).
It is a miracle that you can communicate.

You see? I can make mean accusations too, it does not make me brilliant but merely snarky.

Nice come back. It was perfect.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:51:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:46:04 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL

This seems to be mere accusation.

I can do the same.
Your intellect is a delusion you hold. It is mere fantasy with zero proof that your intellect exists (I deny any proof you assert).
It is a miracle that you can communicate.

You see? I can make mean accusations too, it does not make me brilliant but merely snarky.

No. Just one who would rather deflect away from his own delusion.

You are correct in that it is hard to communicate with those who have their heads full of fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real.
It is in fact damned near impossible unless you are ready to grow up.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:54:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 10:37:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL

Again. You do not wish to experiene a supernatural event. Coward.

Tell you what. Have your God give that event to the 6 million that will starve to death this years.

They have a need for your imaginary God. I do not.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:59:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 11:54:06 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:37:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:31:05 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Yep. There is a lot of logic and reason involved in belief in fantasy, miracles and magic. Not.

Just who is living in delusion?

Regards
DL

Again. You do not wish to experiene a supernatural event. Coward.

Tell you what. Have your God give that event to the 6 million that will starve to death this years.

They have a need for your imaginary God. I do not.

Regards
DL

The earth produces more than enough food. God took care of that.
The starvation is coming from oppression of bad people.
We are called to kill those bad people. However, we continue to fail to do that because of weak people like you.
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:14:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 12:23:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe?

Why is it so hard to understand that people have come to a different conclusion then you?

It's easy to understand, they are illogical fools. I was asking if there were any "other" reasons.


god no longer heals people.

Says who?

Says Amputees


If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people?

Because we can't make that judgment without substantial proof.

God lets cancer patients die all the time, so should you. All christians should engage in faith healing. If God wants you alive, he'll save you. There is no reason for you to intervene with "doctors" or "medicine," that's just going against God's deathly will.


What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon.

Christians support the same morals God does. God can judge things we can't. We are limited where He is not.

So God used the same morals as you when he let a 6 year old get raped and murdered? Are you going to call the parents and say "Based on what I know, I would feel sorry for your lose, but God obviously saw something I didn't so now I know that your little daughter deserved to be raped and murdered, God knows best."
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:21:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:02:07 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/12/2011 3:17:59 PM, Diagoras wrote:
Other than illogical foolishness and blatent stupidity, is there any reason to believe in a god? Why does anyone believe? god no longer heals people. If it is gods will that people die shouldnt christians try and fullfill gods will and go around killing people? What is the reason? The moral beliefs that christians claim to support are not the same morals that god holds at least not the morals he acts upon. What reasoning?

Sure there are lots of reason.
Logic, scripture, history and even experience.

Scripture was written by drug induced morons. Explain the "logic" and "history." Most history is Christians going around killing brown people. And "experience" is likely a bull shat lie you'll make up that can't be verified.


Your post seems to imply you hold to the illogical philosophy of "because I have not experienced these claims they cannot be possibly true."

I'm here on Earth 7 days a week if God wants me to "experience" him.

Smite me, oh mighty smiter!


That would be the epitome of foolishness and illogical stupidity. Why do you complain others do it when you appear to do illogical and foolish things?

So do you believe in everything you haven't experienced? Do you believe in unicorns? In giants diamonds in the center of Neptune? A dishwasher floating in space on the darkside of the Moon?

Stop being a mindless fool, there are logical things, and illogical things. "god" falls on the farthest end of "illogical" possible.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:52:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 12:14:16 PM, Diagoras wrote:

I want to address this misnomer that is continued to be brought up.

The Amputee.

First the number of amputees today in America are very very very very very very very very very very small.

Additionally, it is not asking if amputees get healed it is asking if there is medical evidence that proves they get healed.

This is a dodge to all of the scientific evidence for other healings that are ignored.

So I know that simply put, if we proved an amputee did regenerate a limb it would just be reconciled in two different ways.
It would be the evidence was faked.
If that complaint failed then the naturalists would just come with something like a regeneration gene latent in the person from the evolutionary trail of lizards or some such nonsense.

The problem with the whole amputee claim is the denial of the evidence for every other miracle healing that is put forward.
It is always denied.
You want perfect evidence and even if you had it you would claim a natural source for the "miracle" healing as you do in every other instance.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:59:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 12:54:15 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Diagoras, are you izbo's alt account?

ROFL I thought the exact same thing.
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:15:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 12:52:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 12:14:16 PM, Diagoras wrote:

I want to address this misnomer that is continued to be brought up.

The Amputee.

First the number of amputees today in America are very very very very very very very very very very small.

Right, since there are only millions of amputees in american, 1.7 million to be accurate, it is okay for god to 100% ignore them.

http://www.amputee-coalition.org...


Additionally, it is not asking if amputees get healed it is asking if there is medical evidence that proves they get healed.

Has their limb come back? That only takes eyes, not exactly state of the art medical equipment.


This is a dodge to all of the scientific evidence for other healings that are ignored.

What other healings? Everytime someone gets better, you instantly turn to "god did it!!!" with no evidence. "god" lets people die. Does he not have the power to save or help them?


So I know that simply put, if we proved an amputee did regenerate a limb it would just be reconciled in two different ways.
It would be the evidence was faked.
If that complaint failed then the naturalists would just come with something like a regeneration gene latent in the person from the evolutionary trail of lizards or some such nonsense.

The problem with the whole amputee claim is the denial of the evidence for every other miracle healing that is put forward.
It is always denied.
You want perfect evidence and even if you had it you would claim a natural source for the "miracle" healing as you do in every other instance.

I want god to come forth and show himself. he seemed to have no problem doing that just a few thousand years ago. what is he, hibernating?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 3:32:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:15:35 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 12:54:15 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Diagoras, are you izbo's alt account?

I don't even know who izbo is.

To those who keep their heads up God's a ss like some here do, all non believers are conspiring together to kill God.

Regards
DL
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 3:34:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Angry atheist stereotypes are fun because they are woefully inept at what it is they are trying to do.

In the end, they are just reinforcing negative stereotypes, and don't really bring anything new to the table, they just p!ss people off.

It doesn't matter how right you are, you aren't going to convince anyone by being a jackarse. That's just the way people work.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 3:35:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 3:32:01 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:15:35 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 12:54:15 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Diagoras, are you izbo's alt account?

I don't even know who izbo is.

To those who keep their heads up God's a ss like some here do, all non believers are conspiring together to kill God.

Regards
DL

Why are they even worried? If god exists in the way that they believe, then nothing could kill him. Their fear is that logic is successful at killing for idea of god. Their own fear reveals their hand.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 3:45:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 3:35:07 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 3:32:01 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:15:35 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 12:54:15 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Diagoras, are you izbo's alt account?

I don't even know who izbo is.

To those who keep their heads up God's a ss like some here do, all non believers are conspiring together to kill God.

Regards
DL

Why are they even worried? If god exists in the way that they believe, then nothing could kill him. Their fear is that logic is successful at killing for idea of god. Their own fear reveals their hand.

Exactly right.

They show how little faith they actually have.
I guess that they have forgotten that Jesus shows them exactly how to show their faith yet no one has done so in 2000 years.

You also need to remember that most of the pew sitters do not follow their God. They only follow the tradition and that is why most believers are so ignorant of their own dogma and connot explain it properly.

Regards
DL