God is an Alien

Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 4:12:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Firstly, I'm not an atheist, but I'm not strictly religious either

Is God an alien? The world use to practice a polytheistic, having gods for the sun, wind, and other things we could not yet fully understand. What if we where visited by aliens in the past, that we believed to be "god" . If you do believe that it is possible that God was an alien, would that make Jesus and alien, and Marry of Guadalupe?
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 4:23:45 PM
At 10/12/2011 4:12:49 PM, Mikeee wrote:

Is God an alien? The world use to practice a polytheistic, having gods for the sun, wind, and other things we could not yet fully understand. What if we where visited by aliens in the past, that we believed to be "god" . If you do believe that it is possible that God was an alien, would that make Jesus and alien, and Marry of Guadalupe?

That's a better theory than the current garbage being believed. But that still makes no sense. What the hell were the aliens doing turning water into wine and making photocopies of fish and bread? Wouldn't their be texts of their amazing technology? even if the technology was considered magical?
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:31:24 PM

We call the little gray men and others alien. God by the usual definition of that word sure fit's the bill.

Three heads in one, invisible flying sperm that tracts only virgins. Yep, sounds alien to me.

I do not know what drives man to seek an entity that is so beyond him that it becomes just a wish list God. Not a real one. One who is inknowable and unfathomable but must still be followed. Insanity.

We are natural animals.

The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
The God of men should be a man.
Our first God was a man and our last will be as well.
Who but a man can give voice to the will of God.
There is no one else.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:29:06 AM
At 10/12/2011 9:41:27 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
How could man be God? I am certain that man is not a perfect, omnipotent, omniscient being.

For all we can know, neither is God.
In fact, how can any attributes be given to an unfathomable God.

Impossible and illogical.

All you have is hear say and book say from a book of myths and many of us will not believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:49:27 AM
At 10/13/2011 8:29:06 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
How could man be God? I am certain that man is not a perfect, omnipotent, omniscient being.

All you have is hear say and book say from a book of myths and many of us will not believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL

I believe again you have not characterized what we possess as evidence properly.

We have countless billions of testimonies of interactions.
We have scriptures that directly point out and describe the complexity of God's character.

You do not believe because you have not experienced these things.

It is like having an argument with a dunce.

The dunce states "sure you have a cookbook that describes haggish".
"I have never seen haggish and I will not even go to anywhere that will serve haggish that you "claim" exists."

"So I deny your cookbook evidence and your countless testimonies haggish exists."

"I win!"

From a normal persons perspective this is feckless and an absurd approach to reality.
If atheists find such reasoning convincing I will leave you all to it.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:53:31 AM

I would depend on how you define alien.

If alien = anything not human including a metaphysical being, then yes God could be defined as such
If alien = little green man pretending to be a maximally supreme being then unlikely, due the repeated testing of His character and the interaction that has proven his character.

Same with angels etc. They are not human and not from planet earth. They are from another realm but they are not little green men. They are higher dimensional beings.
Whereas God would be described as a metaphysical being and not a higher dimensional being.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:37:33 AM
At 10/13/2011 8:49:27 AM, Gileandos wrote:

Regards
DL

I believe again you have not characterized what we possess as evidence properly.

We have scriptures that directly point out and describe the complexity of God's character.

"I have never seen haggish and I will not even go to anywhere that will serve haggish that you "claim" exists."

"So I deny your cookbook evidence and your countless testimonies haggish exists."

"I win!"

From a normal persons perspective this is feckless and an absurd approach to reality.

You are right. It is like I am arguing with a dunce.

You may have forgotten that I am not an atheist.
I just do not follow your genocidal God.
I have gone to a God who has morals.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 10:50:08 AM
At 10/13/2011 10:37:33 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/13/2011 8:49:27 AM, Gileandos wrote:

Regards
DL

"I win!"

You are right. It is like I am arguing with a dunce.

You may have forgotten that I am not an atheist.
I just do not follow your genocidal God.
I have gone to a God who has morals.

Regards
DL

I did not make a statement you were an athiest and I did not call you a dunce.
I merely pointed out that you argument doesn't work as shown above.

You need to use a more logical tactic.
These same statements are nonsensical like Fatitah's.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:37:33 AM
At 10/13/2011 10:50:08 AM, Gileandos wrote:

Do you really think you are a good judge of nonsense when you believe in fantasy, miracles and magic?

Not in my book pal. Especially when you ignore the moral implications.

If you want to actually show where the nonsense is then do so.
Just calling something that without refuting it is just a sign of idiocy.

Regards
DL
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:51:32 AM
At 10/13/2011 11:37:33 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/13/2011 10:50:08 AM, Gileandos wrote:

Do you really think you are a good judge of nonsense when you believe in fantasy, miracles and magic?

Not in my book pal. Especially when you ignore the moral implications.

If you want to actually show where the nonsense is then do so.

Regards
DL

I believe you proved my point.
It is only nonsense because you personally have defined it as such.
90% of the world does not define it as nonsense.

What gives your definition as priority?
You are just calling it something without refuting it.

To quote your personal definition of yourself -
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 3:18:06 PM

Well, if anything, God IS an extra-terrestrial.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 3:25:35 PM
Even an Alien wouldn't be the highest authority.

If people of the past mistook aliens for gods and angels, this does not necessarily mean that they were gods or angels.

Personally, I find this hypothesis to be preposterous, though I have seen how people interpret certain passages to act as a sort of "evidence".

It's an interesting thought.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 6:22:58 PM
At 10/13/2011 3:25:35 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

If people of the past mistook aliens for gods and angels, this does not necessarily mean that they were gods or angels.

Personally, I find this hypothesis to be preposterous, though I have seen how people interpret certain passages to act as a sort of "evidence".

It'd be more interesting if there weren't so many roots in the "alien" mythology that can be anthrologically traced back to pre-civilization mythologies like sun and moon worship.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 6:29:24 PM
At 10/13/2011 6:22:58 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 10/13/2011 3:25:35 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

It'd be more interesting if there weren't so many roots in the "alien" mythology that can be anthrologically traced back to pre-civilization mythologies like sun and moon worship.

I find it preposterous because of the fact the fact that I've studied these things extensively. =p
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp