Jump to topic:

Why not Islam?

Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 8:52:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Islam is basically an extension to Judaism and Christianity, so why is Christianity more widely accepted in the Western World then Islam? The Islamic faith is one of the most practiced religions in the old world, so why does it seem to be feared here? Does this have any relation to the Spanish reconquista and attempts to stop the advancement of Islamic invasion/expansion?
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 8:54:18 PM
At 10/12/2011 8:52:12 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Islam is basically an extension to Judaism and Christianity, so why is Christianity more widely accepted in the Western World then Islam? The Islamic faith is one of the most practiced religions in the old world, so why does it seem to be feared here? Does this have any relation to the Spanish reconquista and attempts to stop the advancement of Islamic invasion/expansion?

Because different religions are popular in different parts of the world. It has not been passed down like christianity here. Not that any of them are true.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:36:08 PM

Response: For starters, islam is not extension of Judaism and Christianity, but rather it is Judaism and Christianity that is a distorted version of islam. Islam means "submission to the will of Allah" and since this is what all prophets did, then islam preceeds Judaism and Christianity.

But to answer your question, islam is the fastest growing religion in the West. Christianity is more popular simply because the Western World was conquered by christians and its many denominations, who knew very little of islam.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 9:29:36 AM

actually yes muslims gave the europeans trouble and it carried over. Besides its culture. The Bible says clearly to believe things Islam dosent believe or go to hell good defualt faith.

As for me God has shown me christanity is his religion.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 1:20:58 PM
At 10/23/2011 9:29:36 AM, Calvincambridge wrote:

actually yes muslims gave the europeans trouble and it carried over. Besides its culture. The Bible says clearly to believe things Islam dosent believe or go to hell good defualt faith.

As for me God has shown me christanity is his religion.
Muslims made the part of Europe glow when the Christian Europe suffered from downfall upon downfall. There is no doubt that Muslims contributed heavily to civilization during the Middle Ages.

I know that is not what you're being taught in your part of the world. Much like the North Koreans are never taught about anything but their own country.
jewgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 1:39:27 PM
Islam is basically an extension to Judaism and Christianity, so why is Christianity more widely accepted in the Western World then Islam?

Bec., according to Islam one must accept Mohamed and the Koran, as prophet and word of god.
To accept that there would need to be evidence, the sword, or some other form of coercion. which is not yet present enough in the west.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 1:42:04 PM

The tenets of Islam are not compatible with a developed society.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 1:48:32 PM
At 10/23/2011 1:39:27 PM, jewgirl wrote:
Islam is basically an extension to Judaism and Christianity, so why is Christianity more widely accepted in the Western World then Islam?

Bec., according to Islam one must accept Mohamed and the Koran, as prophet and word of god.
To accept that there would need to be evidence, the sword, or some other form of coercion. which is not yet present enough in the west.
So which is there for Judaism, jewgirl?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jewgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 2:01:42 PM
At 10/23/2011 1:48:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/23/2011 1:39:27 PM, jewgirl wrote:

So which is there for Judaism, jewgirl?

1)Bible codes.

2)uninterrupted train of tradition for thousands of years. millions of parents passing on the message to their children, not simply that they believe god is true but that there ancestors actually experienced him, and passed it on to them so on and so forth ever since. This continues till today.

3)fulfilled prophesies: I list my 3 favorite:

a) Survival of the Jew:
This has been foretold in the bible Genesis 17:7, Malachi 3:6, Leviticus 5:18, Jeremiah 5:18.
Realization:
Mark twains work entitled "Concerning the Jew":
"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvelous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?"
We see from these quotes the impressive eternity of the Jew.
This has been foretold in the bible Genesis 17:7, Malachi 3:6, Leviticus 5:18, Jeremiah 5:18.

b)Jews as light unto nations: was foretold in Isaiah 42:6 end, ibid.60:3 genesis 12:2, 3.

These quotes show part of the realization:

"I will insist the Hebrews have [contributed] more to civilize men than any other nation. If I was an atheist and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations ... They are the most glorious nation that ever inhabited this Earth. The Romans and their empire were but a bubble in comparison to the Jews. They have given religion to three-quarters of the globe..."
- John Adams, Second President of the United States
(From a letter to F. A. Van der Kemp [Feb. 16, 1808] Pennsylvania Historical Society)

"If we were forced to choose just one, there would be no way to deny that Judaism is the most important intellectual development in human history."
- David Gelernter, Yale University Professor

"Some people like the Jews, and some do not. But no thoughtful man can deny the fact that they are, beyond any question, the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has appeared in the world."
- Winston Churchill - Prime Minister of Great Britain

There are more quotes and examples but I choose these, as I am running out of space. The "Jewish light unto the nations" was foretold in Isaiah 42:6 end, ibid.60:3 genesis 12:2,

c):Next is the correlation between fertility of the land of Israel and its inhibition of the Jews.
Again I quote mark twain I don't have space to quote it in its entirety so the reader is encouraged to look it up "Innocent Abroad or the new pilgrim's progress", vol.2 pp.216-359. Mark Twain wrights of the desolation and unsuitability of the holy land. As we see today the land of Israel is now an agricultural land following the return of the Jews. The sources for this prophesy are Leviticus 26:32, 33 duteronamy29:21, 22 Jerimia9:10 Ezekiel33:28, 29 all predict the desolation of the land. The return is predicted in Deuteronomy 30:3-5 and its following inhibition and fertilization in Ezekiel36:8-11. We see here the prediction and realization of the Jews miraculous return followed by the lands mysterious revitalization.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 2:06:05 PM
The bible code is actually a wonderful proof for the Aneristic principle in Discordianism.

JB, I thought the same thing with this topic title.

But why not Discordianism? Surely it is the sexiest and most superhawt of all philosophies.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:31:06 PM
At 10/23/2011 2:03:05 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Why not Islam? Why not Zoidberg?

Zoidberg is a religion now!? Where can I sign up!?