Jump to topic:

The Devils Fall

Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:45:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was presented this question a couple of years ago and though it was a good discussion point. I know my answer but want to hear your thoughts. So Lucifer was the most beautiful angel and because of his desire to take God's position was cast from heaven forever. Now in the bible, there Satan is in the Garden of Eden as a serpent. Some have claimed that this was the actual action Lucifer carried out to try and be more powerful than God by making Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. The curse God gave to the serpent was actually the casting of Lucifer from heaven. Another thing to consider is that Jesus said he was there when he saw the Devil cast from heaven to the Earth like lighting from the sky. So since it was to Earth he was cast too, when did this happen since there was only Adam and Eve at the time of his active rebellion? Was the happenings in the Garden the fall of Satan?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:51:47 AM
Where in Genesis does it say the serpent is Satan?

For that matter, what do you think the devil is?

These are spiritual(of the mind) things, and you are taking them to be too literal.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:54:05 AM
At 10/13/2011 1:51:47 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Where in Genesis does it say the serpent is Satan?

For that matter, what do you think the devil is?

These are spiritual(of the mind) things, and you are taking them to be too literal.

I think you are missing the point here, it's just a fun topic to consider if it was literal. Lets not turn this into another creation is literal thread, it's just a discussion on the idea that this was Satan's fall.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:54:26 AM
Satan lives on, and most think it is God.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:56:09 AM
If it is your goal to perpetuate theological ignorance, by all means, continue.

You forget that people actually believe in this crap.

Though, I wouldn't blame you for someone else's gullibility.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:02:51 AM
At 10/13/2011 1:56:09 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
If it is your goal to perpetuate theological ignorance, by all means, continue.

You forget that people actually believe in this crap.

Though, I wouldn't blame you for someone else's gullibility.

Cosmic, I think this thread is fueling your anger for some reason. Best to stay out.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:12:41 AM
I'm not angry. I'm raising the very valid point that this question comes from someone who is theologically ignorant.

I'm a biblical scholar, and I have no idea where any of these thoughts came from.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:13:25 AM
Well, I could say that none of it is biblical.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:44:28 AM
At 10/13/2011 2:13:25 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Well, I could say that none of it is biblical.

I'm sorry Cosmic. I shouldn't have said that. I apologize for that comment. I love your comments and regard them as valid opinions. Post as much as you like.