Total Posts:324|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus was a zombie by definition!

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie

http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.

.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:31:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lol at how you say "this is not up for debate". You can read right? Do you even KNOW what website you're on?

But, just to let you know, you're not the first one to come to the conclusion that Jesus is a Jewish Zombie.

http://tinyurl.com...
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:33:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:31:00 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Lol at how you say "this is not up for debate". You can read right? Do you even KNOW what website you're on?

But, just to let you know, you're not the first one to come to the conclusion that Jesus is a Jewish Zombie.

http://tinyurl.com...

It is a sound syllogism. It is valid and sound, so hence no matter who asserts he was not a zombie, they are wrong. It is like arguing a german sheppard is not a dog.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:35:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:33:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:31:00 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Lol at how you say "this is not up for debate". You can read right? Do you even KNOW what website you're on?

But, just to let you know, you're not the first one to come to the conclusion that Jesus is a Jewish Zombie.

http://tinyurl.com...

It is a sound syllogism. It is valid and sound, so hence no matter who asserts he was not a zombie, they are wrong. It is like arguing a german sheppard is not a dog.

This is a lesson in definitions and syllogisms for Cerebral, I am trying to help him not win most useless member next time. When he grasps this, we can move on.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:36:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:33:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:31:00 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Lol at how you say "this is not up for debate". You can read right? Do you even KNOW what website you're on?

But, just to let you know, you're not the first one to come to the conclusion that Jesus is a Jewish Zombie.

http://tinyurl.com...

It is a sound syllogism. It is valid and sound, so hence no matter who asserts he was not a zombie, they are wrong. It is like arguing a german sheppard is not a dog.

Yeah, except a "German shepherd" could be a German who herds sheep.

So, no.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:37:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:36:23 AM, M.Torres wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:33:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:31:00 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Lol at how you say "this is not up for debate". You can read right? Do you even KNOW what website you're on?

But, just to let you know, you're not the first one to come to the conclusion that Jesus is a Jewish Zombie.

http://tinyurl.com...

It is a sound syllogism. It is valid and sound, so hence no matter who asserts he was not a zombie, they are wrong. It is like arguing a german sheppard is not a dog.

Yeah, except a "German shepherd" could be a German who herds sheep.

So, no.

Nice semantics. You are going to catch cerebral with this type of stupidity.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:39:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:37:22 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:36:23 AM, M.Torres wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:33:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:31:00 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Lol at how you say "this is not up for debate". You can read right? Do you even KNOW what website you're on?

But, just to let you know, you're not the first one to come to the conclusion that Jesus is a Jewish Zombie.

http://tinyurl.com...

It is a sound syllogism. It is valid and sound, so hence no matter who asserts he was not a zombie, they are wrong. It is like arguing a german sheppard is not a dog.

Yeah, except a "German shepherd" could be a German who herds sheep.

So, no.


Nice semantics. You are going to catch cerebral with this type of stupidity.

http://tinyurl.com...
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 11:49:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.
Jesus was given a new ressurection body. A zombie is a reanimation with no soul of a decomposing body.


Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.
Zombies by definition are reanimated corpses that have no souls.
We agree that Jesus was resurrected.
Zombies are by definition only reanimated soulless corpses.
See distinction below.


premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.
In theological terms:
Resusitation is the act of returning a person life to die again in the future. (Example would be lazarus in the Bible)
Ressurection is brought back from the dead never to die again. (Example Jesus)
A zombie is a reanimated corpse with no soul.


Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by God.
Correct. but fix'd.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.
God is more appropriately defined as a metaphysical being. Metaphysics like numbers are not physical but we would not appropriately define numbers as supernatural. I think you are taking some liberties.
Both the distinction of force is wrong as is your understanding of supernatural nature of God.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie
Incorrect. See above distinctions.



http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

Not an appropriate definition.
A zombie is a reanimated corpse that has no soul, you might argue it is resusitated at best.
A zombie is typically created by natural means. This includes Hollywood lore. Voodoo uses a natural chemical potion. Movies depict viruses etc..
Any dead corpses that is reanimated by another spirit would be defined as a possession and not a mindless zombie.

Please your mental retardation has to end

I would state that your limited understanding of the world around you should preclude you from future posts.
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:35:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

There are some flaws in this.

1) You are assuming that jesus existed.
2) You are assuming that he actually rose from the dead.
3) You are assuming that any christians are smart enough to comprehend what you said.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:39:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1 Corinthians 15 35-44

But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:47:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The resurrection was not a physical resurrection.

He'd be more of a ghost than a zombie.

But even that is not what is meant.

What is commonly cited by Muslims as being the number one proof of the Koran? The same you will find is the proof that people used for Jesus.

The impact that Jesus had postmortem was his resurrection. In life, he had an impact, but this impact did not diminish after his death. In fact, it grew.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 12:58:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 12:35:06 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

There are some flaws in this.

1) You are assuming that jesus existed.
2) You are assuming that he actually rose from the dead.
3) You are assuming that any christians are smart enough to comprehend what you said.

What is your particular claim to intelligence?

I have run several multi-million dollar businesses up and down the east coast of America. The most heavily competitive market in the world.
I am currently working on a post bacculaureate in Teaching physics.
I have a BA in Theology and currently working on a Masters.

Explain to me where you have grounds to assert your opinion that you hold a superior level of intellect to determine that Christians are not "smart".
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:09:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 12:58:07 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 12:35:06 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

There are some flaws in this.

1) You are assuming that jesus existed.
2) You are assuming that he actually rose from the dead.
3) You are assuming that any christians are smart enough to comprehend what you said.

What is your particular claim to intelligence?

I have run several multi-million dollar businesses up and down the east coast of America. The most heavily competitive market in the world.

Doesn't make you smart.

I am currently working on a post bacculaureate in Teaching physics.

And I'm currently working on taking over the world by building a doomsday device.

I have a BA in Theology and currently working on a Masters.

Definately doesn't make you smart.


Explain to me where you have grounds to assert your opinion that you hold a superior level of intellect to determine that Christians are not "smart".

It's called logic.
carl_g
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:22:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

LOL, I never thought about it that way. You are right on the money.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:25:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:22:33 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

LOL, I never thought about it that way. You are right on the money.

See my response above for an accurate understanding of the english definitions.
carl_g
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:29:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:25:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:22:33 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

LOL, I never thought about it that way. You are right on the money.

See my response above for an accurate understanding of the english definitions.

Semantics. Izbo10 nailed this one. LMAO!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 1:55:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:29:32 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:25:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:22:33 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

LOL, I never thought about it that way. You are right on the money.

See my response above for an accurate understanding of the english definitions.

Semantics. Izbo10 nailed this one. LMAO!

No Izbo you did not, Jesus does not fulfill either criteria for being a zombie. The whole zombie Jesus thing was a joke, no one expected it to be taken seriously you moron.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:51:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 1:55:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:29:32 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:25:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:22:33 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

LOL, I never thought about it that way. You are right on the money.

See my response above for an accurate understanding of the english definitions.

Semantics. Izbo10 nailed this one. LMAO!

No Izbo you did not, Jesus does not fulfill either criteria for being a zombie. The whole zombie Jesus thing was a joke, no one expected it to be taken seriously you moron.

Wah, wah no it isn't, is not an adequate response to an actual syllogism using a definition. What aspects of a zombie did Jesus not meet?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 2:55:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 2:51:13 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:55:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:29:32 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:25:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/13/2011 1:22:33 PM, carl_g wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

LOL, I never thought about it that way. You are right on the money.

See my response above for an accurate understanding of the english definitions.

Semantics. Izbo10 nailed this one. LMAO!

No Izbo you did not, Jesus does not fulfill either criteria for being a zombie. The whole zombie Jesus thing was a joke, no one expected it to be taken seriously you moron.

Wah, wah no it isn't, is not an adequate response to an actual syllogism using a definition. What aspects of a zombie did Jesus not meet?

and you wonder why I think you fail epicly at logic.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 6:43:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.
What about all the other definitions of zombie, especially the ones without the mention of a "supernatural force"?

The fact that you spent your entire argument on proving Jesus being bought back to life and God being a supernatural being shows that this argument is based on semantics. So Izbo10, why did you choose this definition out of a few more?

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 6:51:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just dropped down something that can potentially alter one's entire perception of the meaning of the resurrection, and ya'll keep flaming each over this joke topic.

Nice.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 6:59:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 6:51:29 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I just dropped down something that can potentially alter one's entire perception of the meaning of the resurrection, and ya'll keep flaming each over this joke topic.

Nice.

Probably because most religious understandings of the resurrection are literal understandings. They get this from the lines about jesus asking his desiples to finger bang him. By that I mean, he asked them to place their fingers in his holes to show that he was real.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:22:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

This is all wrong, a zombie isn't a zombie just based on it's origins. Zombie are defined by their out come, their intelligence, appearance and motives. And I don't think I need to explain what they are, but I will. Zombies lust after human brains and flesh, they are slow and have no mercy for their victims, this is due to one side of their brain shutting down, this side (right side) controls our emotions that restrict outrages or immense anger. They tell us to calm down and relax, zombies have lost the function of that side of the brain. They are also decaying being, since they have died and come back to life, their ability to function as beings of a carnivorous nature still exists, but their emotions and human characteristics are totally diminished.

Jesus Christ came back as Himself but far more glorified than before, this is totally the opposite to how a zombie come back. Jesus Christ returned fulfilling a purpose, zombies return without purpose, and to add insult to injury, their past lives at least had some intelligent input and at least some subjection to a purpose.

In conclusion Jesus Christ as a risen man, was and is not a zombie. As He does not fit any of the descriptions that suit a zombie.
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:29:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 7:22:08 PM, GodSands wrote:

This is all wrong, a zombie isn't a zombie just based on it's origins. Zombie are defined by their out come, their intelligence, appearance and motives. And I don't think I need to explain what they are, but I will. Zombies lust after human brains and flesh, they are slow and have no mercy for their victims, this is due to one side of their brain shutting down, this side (right side) controls our emotions that restrict outrages or immense anger. They tell us to calm down and relax, zombies have lost the function of that side of the brain. They are also decaying being, since they have died and come back to life, their ability to function as beings of a carnivorous nature still exists, but their emotions and human characteristics are totally diminished.

You just explained the vast majority of religious people.
Diagoras
Posts: 187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:35:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 7:29:38 PM, Diagoras wrote:
At 10/13/2011 7:22:08 PM, GodSands wrote:

This is all wrong, a zombie isn't a zombie just based on it's origins. Zombie are defined by their out come, their intelligence, appearance and motives. And I don't think I need to explain what they are, but I will. Zombies lust after human brains and flesh, they are slow and have no mercy for their victims, this is due to one side of their brain shutting down, this side (right side) controls our emotions that restrict outrages or immense anger. They tell us to calm down and relax, zombies have lost the function of that side of the brain. They are also decaying being, since they have died and come back to life, their ability to function as beings of a carnivorous nature still exists, but their emotions and human characteristics are totally diminished.

You just explained the vast majority of religious people.

Before anyone takes that as a cheap shot, let me explain.

1) Zombies lust after human brains

See the need to convert normal humans into one of them, just like zombies. This is taught in their "holy" scripture.

2) Zombies lust after human flesh

See the many cases of child sex and rape within the church.

3) They have no mercy for their victims.

Westboro Baptist Church. Witch trials. Crusades. The many many purges in the name of god, using that as an excuse to have no mercy.

4) One side of their brain has shut down.

Religious people have lower IQs and the children of religious parents have lower IQs.

http://www.humanreligions.info...
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:06:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 6:43:56 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/13/2011 9:09:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Jesus was supposedly dead. He was brought back to life by god(a supernatural force). Pretty much sums it up. He is a zombie. Now for those arguing he was not dead, he was resurrected which is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. This makes it clear Jesus was a zombie. This is not up for debate it is logic and it follows:

Premise 1: A zombie is a dead body brought back to life by a supernatural force.
What about all the other definitions of zombie, especially the ones without the mention of a "supernatural force"?

The fact that you spent your entire argument on proving Jesus being bought back to life and God being a supernatural being shows that this argument is based on semantics. So Izbo10, why did you choose this definition out of a few more?

Premise 2: Jesus was resurrected.

premise 3: resurrection is The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Premise 4: Jesus was brought back to life by god.

Premise 5: God is a supernatural force.

Conclusion: Jesus was a zombie


http://dictionary.die.net.....

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7

zombie
n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a
supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]

.



.

http://education.yahoo.com......

res·ur·rec·tion audio (rz-rkshn) KEY

NOUN:

The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.

Please your mental retardation has to end

not semantics but meets the definition. If something has 4 straight sides and 4 90 degree angle corners its a rectangle. Sorry to break that to you. Demonstrating something meets a definition is not semantics.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:08:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@ izbo

Do you agree that there is such thing as an incomplete definition?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:11:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 8:08:07 PM, M.Torres wrote:
@ izbo

Do you agree that there is such thing as an incomplete definition?

these idiots think a zombie must be mindless but there are many,many,many examples in movies where zombies show cognitive ability, hence it is not a prerequisite to be a zombie. I can point out a movie where zombies don't want to eat human flesh, zombies anonymous. This definition is as complete as they come, the other stuff is added on as regular features of a zombie, not necessary features of a zombie. The flesh part, all you need to do is ask yourself, was it when they start eating flesh in "NIght of the living dead" that you realize they are zombies? Nope, its when they fuckin resurrect from the dead.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:13:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 8:11:43 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/13/2011 8:08:07 PM, M.Torres wrote:
@ izbo

Do you agree that there is such thing as an incomplete definition?

these idiots think a zombie must be mindless but there are many,many,many examples in movies where zombies show cognitive ability, hence it is not a prerequisite to be a zombie. I can point out a movie where zombies don't want to eat human flesh, zombies anonymous. This definition is as complete as they come, the other stuff is added on as regular features of a zombie, not necessary features of a zombie. The flesh part, all you need to do is ask yourself, was it when they start eating flesh in "NIght of the living dead" that you realize they are zombies? Nope, its when they fuckin resurrect from the dead.

@ izbo

Do you agree that there is such thing as an incomplete definition?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 8:14:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
To put it another way, you f'n morons don't start watching a movie and see someone rise from the dead, and say well, thats not zombie until I see it has no brain power or that it craves human flesh. The mere resurrection of it from the dead makes it a form of zombie.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.