Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The real cost of religious faith

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:32:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/16/2011 11:42:26 AM, Gileandos wrote:
You realize these are all faked calls right?
This is not a legitimate show.

No, this is a real show I have a friend who has called in you are a fuckin moron. Man is Good this is above your head stay out.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 5:03:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is a real show because sometimes they've been stumped or nearly stumped. If it was staged, they wouldn't put themselves in a position to look bad.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 5:30:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 5:03:49 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It is a real show because sometimes they've been stumped or nearly stumped. If it was staged, they wouldn't put themselves in a position to look bad.

Post a link for that would you, sounds good.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:29:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/16/2011 11:42:26 AM, Gileandos wrote:
You realize these are all faked calls right?
This is not a legitimate show.

love to hear you call in. I have got a woman who debated me and others on a facebook group to call in and get hammered.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:31:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 8:29:08 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:42:26 AM, Gileandos wrote:
You realize these are all faked calls right?
This is not a legitimate show.

love to hear you call in. I have got a woman who debated me and others on a facebook group to call in and get hammered.

So you claim... and we all know how valid your claims generally are don't we?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.

There are hundreds of Evangelists that run around discussing these things.
This guy only gets 99% of calls from Christians that do not even know the bible or barely are able to quote a verse?

I doubt the veracity of the show.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:32:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...

He wouldn't lower himself to debate a random bum like me.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:27:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 10:32:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...

He wouldn't lower himself to debate a random bum like me.
'
This may be one debate Craig could actually come to a draw as neither one of you knows how to make a valid argument.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:32:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 10:32:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...

He wouldn't lower himself to debate a random bum like me.

Do you feel you would win? I am certain all others did.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:43:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 11:32:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:32:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...

He wouldn't lower himself to debate a random bum like me.

Do you feel you would win? I am certain all others did.

What debate has Craig won, he has let to make a valid argument in any debate I have seen. Just curious for you to name a debate he won and the argument he used. I mean Cerebral might just lose as he might be so stupid to argue for god in his debate.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 1:15:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 11:27:16 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:32:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...

He wouldn't lower himself to debate a random bum like me.
'
This may be one debate Craig could actually come to a draw as neither one of you knows how to make a valid argument.

How would you know? People half your age correct your fallacies and try to teach you new terms every single day yet you have no idea what they are talking about. How would you know what a valid argument was?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 1:18:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 11:32:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:32:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:23:29 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:11:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:06:42 AM, Gileandos wrote:
I have watched these videos countless times only once did they get Ray Comfort on the show.
The only time a Pastor comes on it is a youth pastor with no information on philosophy.

William Lane Craig looks for people to debate. He has no takers in his tour for Britian.


I'll debate him!

Email him.
http://www.foxnews.com...

He wouldn't lower himself to debate a random bum like me.

Do you feel you would win? I am certain all others did.

Pretty certain, but then it does depend on what the resolution is.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:11:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?

This shows a complete lack of understanding. We arbitrarily name things in our language. If you can't accept meanings of words thanks for agreeing with me because your sentence I will define as izbo10 is right. The only way you can disagree is if you agree that words have meaning. This will go flying over your head and you will be stuck looking like an fuckin moron.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:16:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 2:11:44 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?

This shows a complete lack of understanding. We arbitrarily name things in our language. If you can't accept meanings of words thanks for agreeing with me because your sentence I will define as izbo10 is right. The only way you can disagree is if you agree that words have meaning. This will go flying over your head and you will be stuck looking like an fuckin moron.

And again, how are these meanings derived?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:51:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 2:16:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:11:44 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?

This shows a complete lack of understanding. We arbitrarily name things in our language. If you can't accept meanings of words thanks for agreeing with me because your sentence I will define as izbo10 is right. The only way you can disagree is if you agree that words have meaning. This will go flying over your head and you will be stuck looking like an fuckin moron.

And again, how are these meanings derived?

By what we have found as an object or concept then we decided what the name is for it. You are getting it as backwards. A dog by no means must be called a dog, but once we defined it as a dog, then it is plain retarded to say a Poodle is not a dog. That is your problem here you lack any semblance of intelligence.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:53:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 2:51:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:16:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:11:44 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?

This shows a complete lack of understanding. We arbitrarily name things in our language. If you can't accept meanings of words thanks for agreeing with me because your sentence I will define as izbo10 is right. The only way you can disagree is if you agree that words have meaning. This will go flying over your head and you will be stuck looking like an fuckin moron.

And again, how are these meanings derived?

By what we have found as an object or concept then we decided what the name is for it. You are getting it as backwards. A dog by no means must be called a dog, but once we defined it as a dog, then it is plain retarded to say a Poodle is not a dog. That is your problem here you lack any semblance of intelligence.

Just like the concept of a zombie could have been called anything, but once it was called a zombie in our language if a concept meets the requirements it is that. You are begging the question in this debate and don't even know it.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:10:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.
Classic use of "Oh, if people believed, as part of a cultural consensus, that the earth is flat, then that means cultural consensuses must not be used!"
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:12:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 2:51:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:16:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:11:44 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?

This shows a complete lack of understanding. We arbitrarily name things in our language. If you can't accept meanings of words thanks for agreeing with me because your sentence I will define as izbo10 is right. The only way you can disagree is if you agree that words have meaning. This will go flying over your head and you will be stuck looking like an fuckin moron.

And again, how are these meanings derived?

By what we have found as an object or concept then we decided what the name is for it. You are getting it as backwards. A dog by no means must be called a dog, but once we defined it as a dog, then it is plain retarded to say a Poodle is not a dog. That is your problem here you lack any semblance of intelligence.

Why instead of being able to address very simple questions do you simply insult people. I am not asking you from whence are derived the meanings of words, I know, I am asking in order that you may develop mentally and maybe learn why you could only be mocking me for my statements if you are retarded.

Now from whence are the meanings of words derived, how does a dictionary gain it's authority? Anyone else here could awnser this.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:15:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 2:51:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:16:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 2:11:44 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 1:17:23 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:28:54 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:31:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.

Yet you draw arguments from the dictionary.

NO, again showing your retardation, words have meaning. The dictionary just tells us what the accepted meaning is. You really have to be the biggest retard in the world, I can not imagine anyone stupider then you.

Do you believe that words have objective meanings? From what is the authority of the dictionary derived?

This shows a complete lack of understanding. We arbitrarily name things in our language. If you can't accept meanings of words thanks for agreeing with me because your sentence I will define as izbo10 is right. The only way you can disagree is if you agree that words have meaning. This will go flying over your head and you will be stuck looking like an fuckin moron.

And again, how are these meanings derived?

By what we have found as an object or concept then we decided what the name is for it. You are getting it as backwards. A dog by no means must be called a dog, but once we defined it as a dog, then it is plain retarded to say a Poodle is not a dog. That is your problem here you lack any semblance of intelligence.

Who decided that a dog was a dog?
Who decided that a poodle was a poodle was a dog?
What if I wanted to call a dog a mugglethorpe and a poodle a pot noodle?

And again before you whine and cry, I know the answer to my query, I am asking you.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:17:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/17/2011 3:10:58 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/17/2011 8:27:43 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 11:44:43 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/16/2011 9:58:37 AM, izbo10 wrote:

also for fun, what moment in the video does the callers heart drop realizing he has no argument.

Hopefully, this is not the best attack we atheists can make on "religious faith"....
But I assume this is the best that an atheist like Izbo10 can make, who dismisses any cultural consensus as "an argument from the majority", fails to understand what "objective" is, etc.

shows how stupid you are, cultural consensus should be dismissed on argument from majority. Earths not flat jackass.
Classic use of "Oh, if people believed, as part of a cultural consensus, that the earth is flat, then that means cultural consensuses must not be used!"

Or just an insult...Either way, it's a method of evading the question. Izbo dodges the ball by throwing knives at the ball-player on court...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau