Jump to topic:

Ghosts and that.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:30:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a friend who works in town as a supervisor. He says he is an atheist, as in if you ask him, 'do you believe in God?' he will say, 'no, I do not'.

He has worked at his job for over a year now, and during that time he and all the other staff have experienced strange things in the store, both in the warehouse and on the shop floor.

I have also worked in the store, but for only around 3 months, between November and February. Within the 3 months I only experienced one strange thing that was hard to decipher between mere natural origin and supernatural occurrence.

The store had a transformation in 2010 as it was a Woolworth's, and since the company Woolworth's closed down, the space was out of use for over a year. When Woolworth's was running, I worked there in 2006 part time on a Saturday. Staff at that time also claimed that their store was haunted.

And now the staff at the current store also claim that the place is haunted even though no staff members currently working at the store worked at Woolworth's, with the exception of one staff member who worked at Woolworth's when it was in business. That one person is an old lady probably in her mid 50's who is mostly quiet, and out of all the staff, is the least associated with. I know this because I worked at the store.

I will now list as many strange things that claim to have happened, that no staff can logically explain.

1. Door slamming.

My friend was working up in the warehouse, when he heard one of the doors slam, since the doors are fire doors, they automatically slam shut to prevent the spread of any possible fires. This particular door lead into the warehouse, and if you entered through the door as you were walking out of the warehouse you would be in a corridor, which has 3 other doors on the right side of this corridor, one leading to the girls toilets the other to the men's and finally one leading into the canteen, all 3 doors are fire doors and therefore they all slam. Then at the end of this corridor, there is another door, that is also a fire door. My friend only heard the first door that I mentioned slam and none of the other 4 that I mentioned. My friend went to see if anyone was up stairs with him. He found no one, and other than that, he also heard no other door close. He looked in the men's toilets, the canteen and he also listened into the girls toilets, he found no one.

2. Guest in the canteen.

On a number of occasions, staff have discovered that all the cupboards were open in the canteen, including the fridge door and the microwave door. As well on top of all that, the tables and all the chairs were found pushed right up against the wall. No staff member would pull such a prank, and no evidence points in that direction. Although there are no cameras in the canteen, there are cameras that have view of the walk ways into the canteen. This certain ghostly event has happened at least 3 times from what I have been told. And it is not only subjected to this store, pop culture has taken this idea on, one example would be in the film Paranormal activity 2 when the scene exempts that all the kitchen cupboards and doors fling wide open.

3. Things knocking about.

During the festival of Halloween, staff claim that more strange things happen. As the staff gather at the front doors to leave to go home, I have been told that they heard various objects flying off of the shelves, this is yet another universal ghostly activity. As the staff were waiting to leave (not all of the staff worked that day) they all heard things hitting the ground, or falling from shelves. The shop fall lights where off at this point and as I was told all the staff that worked that day were with each other at the front doors getting let out, including the staff member that has the keys to the front door.

4. Alarming voice.

As my atheist friend was walking up the stairs to head to the office, he claimed to hear and voice, he described it as an aggressive, chilling voice that said his name. This reportedly happened just over a week ago. And on this particular case, I can relate well as I have also experience a similar case myself in my own bedroom. During the time I had that post card up of the alien Mona Lisa, I had an experience that alarmed me. I was just falling asleep, when I was alarmed when I felt myself sit up with my eyes closed and seeing within the blackness of my eyes being closed, two demon like faces swing passed while letting off chilling screams. Once that happened I opened my eyes. Later I removed the post card, from my wall to only have what some would call a sleep paralysis that same night. Since I have never experience anything odd or strange in my bedroom.

5. Shifty shadows.

I and few other staff have seen shifty shadows, my friends has experienced this on a few occasions. I have experienced it once. I was in the girls toilets looking in the mirror, and in the corner of my eye I saw a shadow move shiftily across the corridor outside, this was after the store had closed. Only me and two others, the manger and another sales assistant worked late, and no one else was up stairs with me as I profoundly remember me being the only one up stair as that time. I head no door open or close and I certainly saw something, it was not my imagination, and I was not activity seeking to see a ghost. I was actually seeing what I looked like with a novelty moustache.

6. Weird stuff on camera.

Not too long ago, my two friends that work at the store, who are both supervisors, said that the cameras have been picking up very strange things during night hours. I have not seen the footage since the footage appeared after I left. But the cameras have said to pick up odd patterns, such as strange lights and orbs that float about the warehouse. On one piece of footage, what is said to be a portal is activated, it opens up and then closes again. One of the supervisors sent the footage off to a ghost investigator, and it was said to be a spiritual gateway or portal.

So there we are, my list six strange things at that store. Give your thoughts and share your experiences or personal knowledge of ghosts in this forum.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:36:56 PM
I am sure I could assemble a team of professional ghost hunters to do an investigation, does the store ever close? Would the management be up for that?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:01:28 PM
At 10/17/2011 3:36:56 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am sure I could assemble a team of professional ghost hunters to do an investigation, does the store ever close? Would the management be up for that?

The store is closed between the times of 5:30pm to 9:00am on week days including Saturdays, and is open between 10:00am and 4:00pm on Sundays.

A professional ghost hunter team would be easily scheduled. And I have no reason to think it would cause any problem with either the manger or the assistant manger. I will have to notify this with the staff, then get back to you A-SAP.

I would only see a beneficial out come in having a team of expert ghost hunters to investigate the store, although all the staff are practically convinced that the store is haunted, it would allow their minds to be at rest over the problem if a team of ghost hunters can reach a conclusive result.

Another thing to add to one of my six strange things; while my friend was walking up the stairs, no only did he claim to hear that voice, but he also claimed to have felt the air go cold. And one more thing, I asked one of the supervisors on whether the cameras were broken due to the strange patterns that it was showing. They answered that the cameras are not broken in any way. In that the work perfectly fine through out working hours and closing hours. And just to add again one other thing. One of the cameras looking down upon one of the check out till captured a packet of sweets fly right off it's peg. Even more strange is that this packet of sweets was right at the back end of the peg, and could not naturally fall off by it's self. I have not seen this footage, but my friend and others who work there have, it was recorded to have happened around 9pm, while some staff were still working a late shift.

It is also strange how there aren't dozens of skeptics rushing to this forum with their skeptical minds attempting to debunk these claims. I always find that, especially on my forum about my 'alien/sleep paralysis' experience I had, when the very night I removed the post card (the object that the demon was possessing) I had my experience and since that night I have experience no strange night activity. It annoys me to be honest how all the secular minded people come out and invade things that are subjected to ongoing debates like evolution and the existence of God, but when something like my forum on my experience is in the lime light, it is engaged in almost no productive discussion.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:03:56 PM
I noticed you said more strange things happen during Halloween.

I actually saw a video about Halloween. All kinds of satanic and demonic things go on during that day. Things such as blood rituals, connecting with spirits, even child raping, and child sacrificing.

Demonic powers are definitely active during that day.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:15:30 PM
At 10/17/2011 10:03:56 PM, phantom wrote:

I actually saw a video about Halloween. All kinds of satanic and demonic things go on during that day. Things such as blood rituals, connecting with spirits, even child raping, and child sacrificing.

During the Halloween period staff claim that more strange things happen at the store. Once Halloween passes this year, I will ask if anything strange happened and report back on what happened here.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 7:38:45 PM
At 10/17/2011 10:15:30 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 10/17/2011 10:03:56 PM, phantom wrote:

During the Halloween period staff claim that more strange things happen at the store. Once Halloween passes this year, I will ask if anything strange happened and report back on what happened here.

It's cutting it a bit fine but I might be able to get a team together for halloween. Or not, any day would be good.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:48:20 PM
You will have to get back to me quickly for us to do this.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 1:04:13 PM
At 10/17/2011 3:30:42 PM, GodSands wrote:
I have a friend who works in town as a supervisor. He says he is an atheist, as in if you ask him, 'do you believe in God?' he will say, 'no, I do not'.

He has worked at his job for over a year now, and during that time he and all the other staff have experienced strange things in the store, both in the warehouse and on the shop floor.

I have also worked in the store, but for only around 3 months, between November and February. Within the 3 months I only experienced one strange thing that was hard to decipher between mere natural origin and supernatural occurrence.

The store had a transformation in 2010 as it was a Woolworth's, and since the company Woolworth's closed down, the space was out of use for over a year. When Woolworth's was running, I worked there in 2006 part time on a Saturday. Staff at that time also claimed that their store was haunted.

And now the staff at the current store also claim that the place is haunted even though no staff members currently working at the store worked at Woolworth's, with the exception of one staff member who worked at Woolworth's when it was in business. That one person is an old lady probably in her mid 50's who is mostly quiet, and out of all the staff, is the least associated with. I know this because I worked at the store.

I will now list as many strange things that claim to have happened, that no staff can logically explain.

1. Door slamming.

My friend was working up in the warehouse, when he heard one of the doors slam, since the doors are fire doors, they automatically slam shut to prevent the spread of any possible fires. This particular door lead into the warehouse, and if you entered through the door as you were walking out of the warehouse you would be in a corridor, which has 3 other doors on the right side of this corridor, one leading to the girls toilets the other to the men's and finally one leading into the canteen, all 3 doors are fire doors and therefore they all slam. Then at the end of this corridor, there is another door, that is also a fire door. My friend only heard the first door that I mentioned slam and none of the other 4 that I mentioned. My friend went to see if anyone was up stairs with him. He found no one, and other than that, he also heard no other door close. He looked in the men's toilets, the canteen and he also listened into the girls toilets, he found no one.

2. Guest in the canteen.

On a number of occasions, staff have discovered that all the cupboards were open in the canteen, including the fridge door and the microwave door. As well on top of all that, the tables and all the chairs were found pushed right up against the wall. No staff member would pull such a prank, and no evidence points in that direction. Although there are no cameras in the canteen, there are cameras that have view of the walk ways into the canteen. This certain ghostly event has happened at least 3 times from what I have been told. And it is not only subjected to this store, pop culture has taken this idea on, one example would be in the film Paranormal activity 2 when the scene exempts that all the kitchen cupboards and doors fling wide open.

3. Things knocking about.

During the festival of Halloween, staff claim that more strange things happen. As the staff gather at the front doors to leave to go home, I have been told that they heard various objects flying off of the shelves, this is yet another universal ghostly activity. As the staff were waiting to leave (not all of the staff worked that day) they all heard things hitting the ground, or falling from shelves. The shop fall lights where off at this point and as I was told all the staff that worked that day were with each other at the front doors getting let out, including the staff member that has the keys to the front door.

4. Alarming voice.

As my atheist friend was walking up the stairs to head to the office, he claimed to hear and voice, he described it as an aggressive, chilling voice that said his name. This reportedly happened just over a week ago. And on this particular case, I can relate well as I have also experience a similar case myself in my own bedroom. During the time I had that post card up of the alien Mona Lisa, I had an experience that alarmed me. I was just falling asleep, when I was alarmed when I felt myself sit up with my eyes closed and seeing within the blackness of my eyes being closed, two demon like faces swing passed while letting off chilling screams. Once that happened I opened my eyes. Later I removed the post card, from my wall to only have what some would call a sleep paralysis that same night. Since I have never experience anything odd or strange in my bedroom.

5. Shifty shadows.

I and few other staff have seen shifty shadows, my friends has experienced this on a few occasions. I have experienced it once. I was in the girls toilets looking in the mirror, and in the corner of my eye I saw a shadow move shiftily across the corridor outside, this was after the store had closed. Only me and two others, the manger and another sales assistant worked late, and no one else was up stairs with me as I profoundly remember me being the only one up stair as that time. I head no door open or close and I certainly saw something, it was not my imagination, and I was not activity seeking to see a ghost. I was actually seeing what I looked like with a novelty moustache.

6. Weird stuff on camera.

Not too long ago, my two friends that work at the store, who are both supervisors, said that the cameras have been picking up very strange things during night hours. I have not seen the footage since the footage appeared after I left. But the cameras have said to pick up odd patterns, such as strange lights and orbs that float about the warehouse. On one piece of footage, what is said to be a portal is activated, it opens up and then closes again. One of the supervisors sent the footage off to a ghost investigator, and it was said to be a spiritual gateway or portal.

So there we are, my list six strange things at that store. Give your thoughts and share your experiences or personal knowledge of ghosts in this forum.

My thoughts:

A contradiction: Either there is no explanation or ghosts did it. Since "Ghosts did it" is an explanation, you can't have it both ways. You can't say: "I can't explain it, therefore ghosts did it!"

So, are these examples of phenomenon that have no readily available explanation, or are they examples of the activities of ghosts?