Achu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 6:55:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Atheism is the worst religion
1. Human beings are god of himself
2. There is not right nor wrong, i mean absolute right and wrong. who care and who are you to tell me what i have to do
I love Truth, i hate pride
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 7:36:24 AM
At 10/21/2011 6:55:49 AM, Achu wrote:
2. There is not right nor wrong, i mean absolute right and wrong. who care and who are you to tell me what i have to do

http://dictionary.reference.com...
re·li·gion   /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Show Spelled[ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Atheism is not a religion.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
God   /gɒd/ Show Spelled[god] Show IPA
noun
1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
2. the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.
3. (lowercase) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
4. (often lowercase) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.
5. Christian Science. the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle.

Humans are not gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Moral absolutism may be understood in a strictly secular contexr

Absolute morality doesn't require a god, meaning atheists can believe in it (but don't have to).
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 10:51:37 AM
Atheism makes no assertions. It's the rejection of religious claims (specifically theism). For something to be a religion, it has to at least:

1: Make claims about the universe
and
2: Be wildly incorrect about its claims such that it would require faith for those claims to be accepted.

Atheism doesn't do the first so it can't do the second.

As far as morality goes, I don't consider someone moral just because they are good at following orders. However, this is all religion requires of someone.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 11:35:47 AM

1: Atheism is not a religion.
2: Atheism does not teach the divinity of the individual.
3: There is no absolute right or wrong this is a self evident fact, it also means we are free to pursue 'moralities' that make sense.
4: Atheism does not imply apathy nor rebellion.
5: I've been trolled all over my face right?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 2:11:03 PM

You cannot truly believe that atheists think this way...Can you? Did you just find out about atheism yesterday or something?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 2:14:21 PM
Some atheists think like that.

Certain LaVey types, you know.

Most atheists aren't angsty teenagers though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 2:23:56 PM

Do idiot theists like yourself even try to understand atheism, or just make up whatever you want to make yourself feel better. Atheism is as much a religion as bald is a hair color. That is why it is the worst religion, it is not a religion. Atheism is merely the lack of belief in a god.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 2:30:10 PM

Atheism is specifically the lack of belief in any deity, not the belief that a person is his or her own.

This claim blatantly ignores the numerous secular moral codes that have been developed including utilitarianism, Kantianism, natural law, Objectivism, etc.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 2:40:04 PM
At 10/21/2011 2:30:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Atheism is specifically the lack of belief in any deity, not the belief that a person is his or her own.

This claim blatantly ignores the numerous secular moral codes that have been developed including utilitarianism, Kantianism, natural law, Objectivism, etc.

The no right and wrong part, idiots like cerebral here help to reinforce that typical straw man position of atheism. I for one believe that there are rights and wrongs based on benefit to societal and human well being.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 2:50:23 PM
At 10/21/2011 2:48:40 PM, MarquisX wrote:
Isn't it painfully obvious that Izbo has started a new profile?

who?

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 3:00:57 PM
At 10/21/2011 2:50:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:

who?

That achu guy is without a doubt a troll and since you're a d1ck, I'm betting its you.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 3:26:21 PM
At 10/21/2011 3:00:57 PM, MarquisX wrote:

who?

That achu guy is without a doubt a troll and since you're a d1ck, I'm betting its you.

Lol. Ache is a troll, but no way in hell is it izbo
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 3:35:37 PM
At 10/21/2011 3:26:21 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

who?

No. It's him. Whoever did this wanted two types of people to look bad. Theist and moral nihilist. Those two aren't the same. Not even f*cking close. So who has a problem with theist AND moral nihilism?
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 3:46:00 PM

http://www.google.com...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 4:16:04 PM
At 10/21/2011 3:46:00 PM, Diagoras wrote:

http://www.google.com...

http://www.motifake.com...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 6:41:40 PM
At 10/21/2011 3:35:37 PM, MarquisX wrote:

who?

No. It's him. Whoever did this wanted two types of people to look bad. Theist and moral nihilist. Those two aren't the same. Not even f*cking close. So who has a problem with theist AND moral nihilism?

Maybe I am just strangely late to the game, but why is everyone randomly assaulting izbo10? From a lot of scenarios I've seen recently involving him, it's been people insulting him, and then him reacting poorly back. Which simply is to be expected, bearing in mind the abrasive attitude I am seeing of a lot of people here...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 6:42:29 PM
(Just as a note, I mean a lot as in a large amount, not most. It's a quantitative number, not percentile).
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 7:17:03 PM
At 10/21/2011 6:41:40 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

who?

Maybe I am just strangely late to the game, but why is everyone randomly assaulting izbo10? From a lot of scenarios I've seen recently involving him, it's been people insulting him, and then him reacting poorly back. Which simply is to be expected, bearing in mind the abrasive attitude I am seeing of a lot of people here...

I didn't assault him. I just stated the obvious. He hasn't even attempted to deny it. And if you want to see what's wrong with izbo, just try talking to him
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 7:42:56 PM
There are two types of people, religious and non religious (atheist). Atheism is a religion. Lets say every religion makes you a certain type of donkey. People who choice to accept religion realized that they are a certain type of donkey, this happens for every "religion". Atheist are a little odd. Atheist are the donkeys who deny the fact they are donkeys, what dumb azs... (pun intended)
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 7:45:24 PM
And for the record, some of you atheist do act like you're in a religion.
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 7:48:55 PM
My personal faith is not actually a religion, it the only logical conclusion possible. I can play that game too, they ability to claim that your different because your right is not anything new...
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2011 8:16:06 PM
At 10/21/2011 7:17:03 PM, MarquisX wrote:

who?

I didn't assault him. I just stated the obvious. He hasn't even attempted to deny it. And if you want to see what's wrong with izbo, just try talking to him

I have one account here, this one that is it.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 1:54:11 AM
At 10/21/2011 2:40:04 PM, izbo10 wrote:

The no right and wrong part, idiots like cerebral here help to reinforce that typical straw man position of atheism.

For the sake of clarification are you claiming that all atheists who subscribe to moral nihilism or relatavism are idiots and strawman atheists?

I for one believe that there are rights and wrongs based on benefit to societal and human well being.

No, you claim to believe that there are absolute objective rights and wrongs based on societal benefit, a position you do not understand, have not explored and can not defend.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 1:57:35 AM

who?

No one is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. He will attack regardless so most just get the attack in beforehand.

Take this thread, for no reason he suddenly attacks me. Well when I say no reason thats not quite true, he is still butthurt.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 1:58:28 AM
At 10/21/2011 7:45:24 PM, MarquisX wrote:
And for the record, some of you atheist do act like you're in a religion.

I agree.
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 5:32:15 AM
A) Atheism is not a religion
B) Zealotry does not = religion
C) Atheism is by definition without God. Religion is about God, divinity, spirituality - something imaginary.

Atheists are perfectly capable of apologizing for religion, supporting religious groups, and enabling religious fanatics, but atheists as individuals are not "religious."

Unless one defines religion as simply narrow-minded and dogmatic, which would be an outrageous inference.

Atheism has become very politicalized so it's understandable how some people interpret militant atheism as religion.

it isn't.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 6:42:14 AM
At 10/22/2011 1:54:11 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/21/2011 2:40:04 PM, izbo10 wrote:

The no right and wrong part, idiots like cerebral here help to reinforce that typical straw man position of atheism.

For the sake of clarification are you claiming that all atheists who subscribe to moral nihilism or relatavism are idiots and strawman atheists?

I for one believe that there are rights and wrongs based on benefit to societal and human well being.

No, you claim to believe that there are absolute objective rights and wrongs based on societal benefit, a position you do not understand, have not explored and can not defend.

Yes fuckin moron, there are objectively things that benefit society while some things harms society. This is not based on opinion, but actual facts. Making there objective answers to moral questions. I cannot help it you are to goddamn stupid to understand.

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 8:10:34 AM
I'm amused so many people went to the trouble of explaining what was wrong with the first post. Derp.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...