Jump to topic:

My world, what would happen to theists.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 9:58:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Too many ignorant, mentally challenged theists on here think i would burn them at the stake. This simply is not the case. My world would be a peaceful world free of religious bigotry. It would be a world where the truth was respected and not thrown out the door so some idiot could believe in a cosmic jewish zombie. In my world a person who brought up such a preposterous idea would be given a moment to explain why they believe this. If they could not do an adequate job they would be laughed out of the conversation. People would think they were a joke in their beliefs. Religion would be eradicated through intellectual pressure to believe the truth. Nonsense ideas would not be tolerated in the intellectual world. If you presented an idea that contradicted everything historians, science, and philosophers say about the world you would be laughed at and faith would not be a reason to believe it.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:13:28 AM
come on no one wants to respond
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:54:33 AM
Izbo10, I suppose this is you, right?

(Start at 37:41 minutes to see Mephisto take off his cloak at Walpurgis Night)

You'd better stop drinking that goblet the ancient gods gave you as your birthday present or stealing from the women's wardrobes...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:55:09 AM
At 10/23/2011 9:58:06 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Too many ignorant, mentally challenged theists on here think i would burn them at the stake. This simply is not the case. My world would be a peaceful world free of religious bigotry. It would be a world where the truth was respected and not thrown out the door so some idiot could believe in a cosmic jewish zombie. In my world a person who brought up such a preposterous idea would be given a moment to explain why they believe this. If they could not do an adequate job they would be laughed out of the conversation. People would think they were a joke in their beliefs. Religion would be eradicated through intellectual pressure to believe the truth. Nonsense ideas would not be tolerated in the intellectual world. If you presented an idea that contradicted everything historians, science, and philosophers say about the world you would be laughed at and faith would not be a reason to believe it.

I had just spoken to C_N about Emperor Julian's plan to ridicule Christianity out of the conversation. That was around 1700 years ago.

Funny it hasn't worked yet. In fact, person for person, Christianity has conquered the globe. Please bring on your ridicule and intellectual discussion. I have not seen it yet.

Additionally, I have not found any athiest that has met the education level or the intellectual prowess of the average pastor much less the Trappist Monks.

http://www.monks.org...

There are exceptions to this rule but they are few and far between. If you are an exception you know who you are. If you have to wonder odds are you are not the exception.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:08:43 PM
At 10/23/2011 11:55:09 AM, Gileandos wrote:

In fact, person for person, Christianity has conquered the globe.

BAHAHA!! I suppose this is, of course, why it is by far the world's most populous religion <snicker>...

Additionally, I have not found any athiest that has met the education level or the intellectual prowess of the average pastor much less the Trappist Monks.

Lolwut?? Most pastors have at best a master's degree in theology. But the facts that lead one to become atheist are usually based in science or philosophy (Although there are some Christian theological principles - i.e. morality - that make little sense in light of revealed theology). So while a pastor may have an advanced degree, it's in the wrong subject.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:09:07 PM

I had just spoken to C_N about Emperor Julian's plan to ridicule Christianity out of the conversation. That was around 1700 years ago.

Funny it hasn't worked yet. In fact, person for person, Christianity has conquered the globe. Please bring on your ridicule and intellectual discussion. I have not seen it yet.

http://www.monks.org...

There are exceptions to this rule but they are few and far between. If you are an exception you know who you are. If you have to wonder odds are you are not the exception.

Kind of my thinking too, this was how Christianity began. A tyranny of intolerance generally doesn't last forever.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:24:22 PM

You live in Hicksville, dawg. Like half the people in Blue Ridge are related to me in someway.

Considering you don't understand what I say most of the time because "I don't talk normal", I don't think you make a good gauge for intelligence.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:25:57 PM
At 10/23/2011 11:13:28 AM, izbo10 wrote:

What are we supposed to say?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:28:33 PM
At 10/23/2011 12:25:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

What are we supposed to say?
We're supposed to "agree" with Izbo10, lest another war is waged in the comments page, or, as I like to call it, the "who's retarded" game.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:35:04 PM
If you presented an idea that contradicted everything historians, science, and philosophers say about the world you would be laughed at

So, in other words, all the intellectual disciplines would grind to a halt because views contrary to the establishment would never be ridiculed.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:35:40 PM
At 10/23/2011 12:35:04 PM, Kinesis wrote:
other words, all the intellectual disciplines would grind to a halt because views contrary to the establishment would never be ridiculed.

be ridiculed, even.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:36:00 PM
So in your world, If something has not been proven, then it should be immediately discarded? How would science advance If all things that haven't been proven were simply laughed at or discarded? Not very far.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 12:38:11 PM

Why do we need to entertain your retarded bigotry.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 1:10:29 PM
At 10/23/2011 1:01:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/23/2011 12:36:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:
So in your world, If something has not been proven, then it should be immediately discarded? How would science advance If all things that haven't been proven were simply laughed at or discarded? Not very far.

No you guys are fuckin retarded, in science things are not taken as truth without evidence.

It is not considered scientifically proven, but it doesn't mean it is not possible for it to be true. It is merely unknown. Competing hypothesis exist precisely because stuff haven't been proven true. Experiments occur because we do not know the answer.

Many scientists and researchers believe in god or even supernatural things. That does not make them anti-science. They wouldn't claim it is scientifically proven to be true.

2000 years of trying to present evidence says there is no god.

So in that case we should cease all new scientific research, since 2000 years of evidence proves that the information doesn't exist.

You guys are the ones going against science, as believing something without evidence is saying fucks you to science.

No, not believing in something that science has proven, is against science. Science has not proven that a god doesn't exist, therefore it is valid to believe it is possible.

Cerebral it is not bigotry, believing stupidity is not like being born a race or sex. It is a choice you make to say fucks you to reality and you need to be treated as such.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 1:13:32 PM
At 10/23/2011 1:01:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/23/2011 12:36:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:

No you guys are fuckin retarded, in science things are not taken as truth without evidence. 2000 years of trying to present evidence says there is no god. You guys are the ones going against science, as believing something without evidence is saying fucks you to science.

Cerebral it is not bigotry, believing stupidity is not like being born a race or sex. It is a choice you make to say fucks you to reality and you need to be treated as such.

Izbo10--believing that there is a predicament in the state of bigotry and stupidity and reasoning. How ironic indeed that you, dear Izzy, seem to entertain the very things that you condemn as part of your position....

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:01:05 PM
At 10/23/2011 2:59:05 PM, MarquisX wrote:
So you'll fight bigotry with bigotry. Let me know how that goes.

When are we going to realize being against religion is no more bigotry then being against things such as the kkk or nazi's. These are groups you chose to belong to that cause a lot of harm and you have every right not to respect people in these groups.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:02:47 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:01:05 PM, izbo10 wrote:

When are we going to realize being against religion is no more bigotry then being against things such as the kkk or nazi's. These are groups you chose to belong to that cause a lot of harm and you have every right not to respect people in these groups.

Tell me, Izbo10, how do church priests and a religious scroll pose a far greater threat than the KKK or white supremacist groups?

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:03:26 PM

It's not just enough to punish thought crimes, your regime should then rewrite language itself to make thought crimes impossible.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:04:23 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:02:47 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Tell me, Izbo10, how do church priests and a religious scroll pose a far greater threat than the KKK or white supremacist groups?

Lol the church priest covering up child rape and then you have them preaching in africa against condoms, which is killing more in a week then white supremacists do in a year. Just open your eyes and stop being a retard. This isn't even close right now.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:04:30 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:03:26 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It's not just enough to punish thought crimes, your regime should then rewrite language itself to make thought crimes impossible.

Hopefully, the Christians won't be wrapping up their stuff in bags on their way to "camps" under Izzy's regime of L'Epocano.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:06:25 PM
All glory to the rise of Techno Allah.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:07:08 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:04:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Lol the church priest covering up child rape and then you have them preaching in africa against condoms, which is killing more in a week then white supremacists do in a year. Just open your eyes and stop being a retard. This isn't even close right now.

And the white supremacist groups slaughtering blacks are less than the church priest "covering up child rape"?

My, oh, my, "Just open your eyes and stop being a retard".

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:09:06 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:07:08 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

And the white supremacist groups slaughtering blacks are less than the church priest "covering up child rape"?

You do realize the kkk is religious in nature and second of all in this day and age it isn't even close the amount that die as a result of religion compared to white supremists. Go outside read a newspaper please. Everyday you will see some news report of religion killing.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:10:36 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:09:06 PM, izbo10 wrote:

You do realize the kkk is religious in nature and second of all in this day and age it isn't even close the amount that die as a result of religion compared to white supremists. Go outside read a newspaper please. Everyday you will see some news report of religion killing.

So their religious views account for their supremacist beliefs?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:11:57 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:10:36 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

exactly.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:12:44 PM

Thought a shift in the condom policy would be great and should save lives you do realise that if they had followed the teachings of the Church in the first place there would not nearly so much of a problem with AIDS?

Also are we to suppose that all theists are catholics? What is the harm in private liberal Christianity?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:14:10 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:11:57 PM, izbo10 wrote:

exactly.

How, professor Izbo10?

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:16:11 PM

Yes and no, the Christian Church decided from a very early age that it was opposed to racism. Indeed it is founded on the principle of rejecting the racism of Jesus.

It is rather more that the southerners were racist and Christian, the KKK would have appeared even if the Confederates (or rather former confederates) were atheist.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 3:18:36 PM
At 10/23/2011 3:16:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Yes and no, the Christian Church decided from a very early age that it was opposed to racism. Indeed it is founded on the principle of rejecting the racism of Jesus.

It is rather more that the southerners were racist and Christian, the KKK would have appeared even if the Confederates (or rather former confederates) were atheist.

Interesting. Would it be a bit of a correlation??