Jump to topic:

The Great Izbo10

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:34:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is the official thread where we can honor the almighty Izbo10 for being such a great teacher to us all. What we will do is post our favorite quotes from izbo10.

"I would like to say right from the beginning my opponent is an idiot, so don't mind his lack of intelligence." from MIG-Izbo debate, "Jesus Christ was a zombie savior."

(this violates the no ad hominen rule).
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:36:18 PM
From the Mr.Infidel-Izbo debate, "It is possible to disprove a negative."

Both his examples can be shown to have possible falsehoods about them. He thinks a invisible pink unicorn does not exist because it is contradictory, yet what if there was a unicorn that simultaneously lives in 2 universes. One of which she is pink, the other of which she is invisible. The same could be said of a circle square. What if in one universe the object was a square yet in another universe it exists as a circle.

I ask my opponent some simple questions:

Prove that the law of non-contradiction really exists.

Prove that induction really exists.

Prove that a unicorn could not exist simultaneously in 2 universes with 2 different features.

Prove that a circle could not be a square in parallel universes.
Report this Argument
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:36:26 PM
(This should be in the DDO forum, but....)

"I would like to start out by saying my opponent totally went against the rules of the debate in the first round. He should automatically lose this debate. The reason is this: In this debate the burden of proof shall be on mattrodstrom to show objective morality does not exist. The keyword here is mattrodstrom must prove, not just callmetarzan. So, why he thought he could make the contention is beyond me. I fail to see how he can think he should be making an argument. Seriously he lost and I know, I know he is going to claim it is unfair. How am I suppose to win a debate like this. Guess what? That is the stance he is taking that I have no moral obligation to make the debate in a way that is fair to him."

The JCMT-Izbo10 debate, and Izbo10's first contention
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:37:41 PM
At 10/23/2011 11:36:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

"I would like to start out by saying my opponent totally went against the rules of the debate in the first round. He should automatically lose this debate. The reason is this: In this debate the burden of proof shall be on mattrodstrom to show objective morality does not exist. The keyword here is mattrodstrom must prove, not just callmetarzan. So, why he thought he could make the contention is beyond me. I fail to see how he can think he should be making an argument. Seriously he lost and I know, I know he is going to claim it is unfair. How am I suppose to win a debate like this. Guess what? That is the stance he is taking that I have no moral obligation to make the debate in a way that is fair to him."

I actually used this statement against him in our debate :D
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2011 11:38:56 PM
The greatest and latest from bozo, "I have asked Cerebral to name one logical argument he has made against me and put it in syllogism form. I have emplored him several times. He has declined and it is not difficult to do if he had ever made one.. Please let this be a lesson that if you dont have anything don't bark up the wrong tree." from the thread "Cerebral Fails."
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:29:15 AM
At 10/23/2011 11:38:56 PM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
The greatest and latest from bozo, "I have asked Cerebral to name one logical argument he has made against me and put it in syllogism form. I have emplored him several times. He has declined and it is not difficult to do if he had ever made one.. Please let this be a lesson that if you dont have anything don't bark up the wrong tree." from the thread "Cerebral Fails."

I seriously don't get what was so hard for cerebral to do here. This is a simple useful technique to show where there is a flaw and if there is a flaw in your logic. He keeps telling me how many great arguments he has made against me you would think he would be proud enough of himself to make one.

The other posts are either true or over your head. You don't understand the reasoning behind me making them.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:36:32 PM
At 10/23/2011 11:36:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

You got the right idea, wrong quote though =) Here's the better one:

Justcallmetarzan does not understand the rules do not grant him a space to argue. He fails to see that it was not him to present the argument. It was suppose to be mattrodstrom, doing the debating for Justcallmetarzans side. The very fact that you see justcallmetarzan presenting an argument is against the very rules as it was not suppose to be him debating at all. So, for conduct I would urge you to vote him down.