Total Posts:187|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheists And Their Fear Of Ghosts ?

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:08:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are counting down to the day known as
Halloween. Now let me ask you a question here. How many of you have ever seen a ghost or spirit of some kind ? I have. Now if you are an Atheist, how would you react if you saw one ? Would you think that the spirit world is real ? Would you think that you were being delusional even though you were very sound in mind ?
I think you may be confused. If you see something, it is because it is there.
If you see the sun up in the sky, that is because the sun is real.
If you see a monster or some scary looking entity lurking in the shadows of night.
Rest assure that you are not being punked. You have witnessed the darkside.
And that is because the spirit world correlates and interacts with the physical every single day. Comments please.
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:13:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't believe in ghosts nor do I even have a fear of them. Try again.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:21:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:13:05 AM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
I don't believe in ghosts nor do I even have a fear of them. Try again.

Oh you would if you know what I know. I doubt that any of you here could deal with being smacked in the face by an evil spirit.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:23:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just had some Atheists confessed to me here on this forum about how much they lied about their belief in God and spirits. There are some of you who have had some supernatural experiences, but it left you with a lot of question. So you became Agnostic. How cute is that. Be that as it may, yes these spirits are very real. Your science, or logic cannot define it either. Good luck.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:25:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You fail utterly to understand the atheist position in any way shape or form.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:27:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:25:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You fail utterly to understand the atheist position in any way shape or form.

I understand clearly. You are shallow, superficial, disenfranchised, disconnected, narrow minded, self absrobed, rebellious, internally conflicted, and more.
Should I go on.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:30:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:27:48 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:25:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You fail utterly to understand the atheist position in any way shape or form.

I understand clearly. You are shallow, superficial, disenfranchised, disconnected, narrow minded, self absrobed, rebellious, internally conflicted, and more.
Should I go on.

Oh no... random words have been thrown at me! Whatever shall I do!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:42:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.

Because they CANNOT be created by Man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:46:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:42:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.

Because they CANNOT be created by Man.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:51:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:46:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:42:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.

Because they CANNOT be created by Man.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.

Again, you cannot create a spirit. This is beyond mans ability to do so. The source is known but it cannot be seen by the naked eye as it is right now. It can be felt though. And because we are beings here on Earth, our senses gives us reason to believe in that which is a mystery to us. You Atheists are always underestimating that element, yet at the same time you deem us to have our own godlike qualities.
I call it confusion.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:52:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:51:01 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:46:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:42:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.

Because they CANNOT be created by Man.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.

Again, you cannot create a spirit. This is beyond mans ability to do so. The source is known but it cannot be seen by the naked eye as it is right now. It can be felt though. And because we are beings here on Earth, our senses gives us reason to believe in that which is a mystery to us. You Atheists are always underestimating that element, yet at the same time you deem us to have our own godlike qualities.
I call it confusion.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:55:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:52:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:51:01 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:46:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:42:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.

Because they CANNOT be created by Man.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.

Again, you cannot create a spirit. This is beyond mans ability to do so. The source is known but it cannot be seen by the naked eye as it is right now. It can be felt though. And because we are beings here on Earth, our senses gives us reason to believe in that which is a mystery to us. You Atheists are always underestimating that element, yet at the same time you deem us to have our own godlike qualities.
I call it confusion.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.

Wrong. That means that there are things in the supernatural than can be seen by technology as you just said. Aliens are another, but that is a different story.
They can do things with time and space that we cannot. Their intelligence is far superior to ours. So to them we are primitive. This is why it is not as easy for us to decipher them are they are. The afterlife is divine, and it would only seem illogical if it were not. Man cannot create life after death, and he cannot raise the dead.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:01:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:55:46 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:52:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:51:01 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:46:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:42:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:37:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:35:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:31:55 AM, izbo10 wrote:
In no way does ghost prove the existence of any god anyway so what does ghosts have anything to do with belief in god, other then if ghost exist we can't explain how so it must be god. That is an argument from ignorance.

Everything under the sun revolved around the center. In order for spirits to exist, their has to be a divine or supernatural source. That is fact.

Why does the source of Ghosts have to be divine or 'supernatural'.

Because they CANNOT be created by Man.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.

Again, you cannot create a spirit. This is beyond mans ability to do so. The source is known but it cannot be seen by the naked eye as it is right now. It can be felt though. And because we are beings here on Earth, our senses gives us reason to believe in that which is a mystery to us. You Atheists are always underestimating that element, yet at the same time you deem us to have our own godlike qualities.
I call it confusion.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.

Wrong. That means that there are things in the supernatural than can be seen by technology as you just said. Aliens are another, but that is a different story.
They can do things with time and space that we cannot. Their intelligence is far superior to ours. So to them we are primitive. This is why it is not as easy for us to decipher them are they are. The afterlife is divine, and it would only seem illogical if it were not. Man cannot create life after death, and he cannot raise the dead.

Lots of things can not be created by man, that does make a divine or supernatural origin an intrinsic part of their nature.

Why can there not be a Godless afterlife? Even if someone demonstrated that Ghosts had a reality beyond that of hallucination it might not even confirm an afterlife.

I also object to the term supernatural, if I can see a Ghost with my eyes or capture it in a photo then it reflects and/or produces light. This makes it part of the real world and a tangible phenomana that can be studied.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:02:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:23:36 AM, inferno wrote:
I just had some Atheists confessed to me here on this forum about how much they lied about their belief in God and spirits. There are some of you who have had some supernatural experiences, but it left you with a lot of question. So you became Agnostic. How cute is that. Be that as it may, yes these spirits are very real. Your science, or logic cannot define it either. Good luck.

If someone calling themselves and atheist admitted to you that they lied about their belief in God and actually do believe in God, then they aren't, actually an atheist. They're a theist.

So it'd be more accurate to say that a theist has lied to you about being an atheist.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:04:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:08:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are counting down to the day known as
Halloween. Now let me ask you a question here. How many of you have ever seen a ghost or spirit of some kind ? I have. Now if you are an Atheist, how would you react if you saw one ? Would you think that the spirit world is real ? Would you think that you were being delusional even though you were very sound in mind ?
I think you may be confused. If you see something, it is because it is there.
If you see the sun up in the sky, that is because the sun is real.
If you see a monster or some scary looking entity lurking in the shadows of night.
Rest assure that you are not being punked. You have witnessed the darkside.
And that is because the spirit world correlates and interacts with the physical every single day. Comments please.

I don't know what a real ghost or spirit would look or behave like, so I can't hypothesize how I would respond to one.

Now, I'm aware of fictional depictions of ghosts and spirits, and I'm aware of natural phenomenon people have mistakenly attributed to ghosts and spirits, but who knows if real ghosts would be anything like that.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:09:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:04:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:08:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are counting down to the day known as
Halloween. Now let me ask you a question here. How many of you have ever seen a ghost or spirit of some kind ? I have. Now if you are an Atheist, how would you react if you saw one ? Would you think that the spirit world is real ? Would you think that you were being delusional even though you were very sound in mind ?
I think you may be confused. If you see something, it is because it is there.
If you see the sun up in the sky, that is because the sun is real.
If you see a monster or some scary looking entity lurking in the shadows of night.
Rest assure that you are not being punked. You have witnessed the darkside.
And that is because the spirit world correlates and interacts with the physical every single day. Comments please.

I don't know what a real ghost or spirit would look or behave like, so I can't hypothesize how I would respond to one.

Now, I'm aware of fictional depictions of ghosts and spirits, and I'm aware of natural phenomenon people have mistakenly attributed to ghosts and spirits, but who knows if real ghosts would be anything like that.

These fictional depictions you speak of are stories based on real life events and phenomenons. Poltergeists, Exorcisms, Hauntings, and Aliens. These are actual events that have been expeirienced by human beings here on Earth. This is not fabrication here. You Atheists are being too selective to the point where it makes your argument seem selfish and self absorbed. It is vulnerable and you have no strong points to back up your claims here. You have no legs in this, and it makes you look weak. How can the human mind single handedly pick a delusion that all of us seem to share. That does not make sense even in the least logical way.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:19:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:09:59 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:04:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:08:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are counting down to the day known as
Halloween. Now let me ask you a question here. How many of you have ever seen a ghost or spirit of some kind ? I have. Now if you are an Atheist, how would you react if you saw one ? Would you think that the spirit world is real ? Would you think that you were being delusional even though you were very sound in mind ?
I think you may be confused. If you see something, it is because it is there.
If you see the sun up in the sky, that is because the sun is real.
If you see a monster or some scary looking entity lurking in the shadows of night.
Rest assure that you are not being punked. You have witnessed the darkside.
And that is because the spirit world correlates and interacts with the physical every single day. Comments please.

I don't know what a real ghost or spirit would look or behave like, so I can't hypothesize how I would respond to one.

Now, I'm aware of fictional depictions of ghosts and spirits, and I'm aware of natural phenomenon people have mistakenly attributed to ghosts and spirits, but who knows if real ghosts would be anything like that.

These fictional depictions you speak of are stories based on real life events and phenomenons. Poltergeists, Exorcisms, Hauntings, and Aliens. These are actual events that have been expeirienced by human beings here on Earth.

I do not grant that as a given. If you want me to accept that, you're going to have up this claim. Now, notice that I'm not saying that there aren't real ghosts or spirits. Just that I'm personally not aware of any.

This is not fabrication here. You Atheists are being too selective to the point where it makes your argument seem selfish and self absorbed.

Listen, I can't tell you how I would respond to an event I know nothing about. You have to give me more information.

It is vulnerable and you have no strong points to back up your claims here. You have no legs in this, and it makes you look weak.

What claims am I making here other than what my own personal experiences have been?

How can the human mind single handedly pick a delusion that all of us seem to share. That does not make sense even in the least logical way.

The human mind isn't built for logic. That's how.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:27:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:19:22 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:09:59 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:04:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:08:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are counting down to the day known as
Halloween. Now let me ask you a question here. How many of you have ever seen a ghost or spirit of some kind ? I have. Now if you are an Atheist, how would you react if you saw one ? Would you think that the spirit world is real ? Would you think that you were being delusional even though you were very sound in mind ?
I think you may be confused. If you see something, it is because it is there.
If you see the sun up in the sky, that is because the sun is real.
If you see a monster or some scary looking entity lurking in the shadows of night.
Rest assure that you are not being punked. You have witnessed the darkside.
And that is because the spirit world correlates and interacts with the physical every single day. Comments please.

I don't know what a real ghost or spirit would look or behave like, so I can't hypothesize how I would respond to one.

Now, I'm aware of fictional depictions of ghosts and spirits, and I'm aware of natural phenomenon people have mistakenly attributed to ghosts and spirits, but who knows if real ghosts would be anything like that.

These fictional depictions you speak of are stories based on real life events and phenomenons. Poltergeists, Exorcisms, Hauntings, and Aliens. These are actual events that have been expeirienced by human beings here on Earth.

I do not grant that as a given. If you want me to accept that, you're going to have up this claim. Now, notice that I'm not saying that there aren't real ghosts or spirits. Just that I'm personally not aware of any.

This is not fabrication here. You Atheists are being too selective to the point where it makes your argument seem selfish and self absorbed.

Listen, I can't tell you how I would respond to an event I know nothing about. You have to give me more information.

It is vulnerable and you have no strong points to back up your claims here. You have no legs in this, and it makes you look weak.

What claims am I making here other than what my own personal experiences have been?

How can the human mind single handedly pick a delusion that all of us seem to share. That does not make sense even in the least logical way.

The human mind isn't built for logic. That's how.

It may or may not be. Even if you yourself have never seen or had an actualy supernatural experience, that does not mean that you should partially discard those who have. This is what Atheists have a tendency to do, and this is why noone takes them seriously. They think that every exprience is during a state of delusion.
How can that be when you are in a sound mind. How can that be when this is a shared exprience. How can that be when you have heard the same story over and over and over again. You deem to human race to be stupid. No, you and your kind are. You own logic haunts thee. The human mind cannot hand pick a delusion for everyone to see. It does not make sense ! What you are saying is that the human mind is selective, and that it has motives. It is random, and it is unpredictable under all circumstances only because it can defy logic. That is ludacris.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:36:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:27:19 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:19:22 AM, drafterman wrote:

The human mind isn't built for logic. That's how.

It may or may not be. Even if you yourself have never seen or had an actualy supernatural experience, that does not mean that you should partially discard those who have.

I'm not aware of anyone that has. So there's nothing to discard.

This is what Atheists have a tendency to do, and this is why noone takes them seriously. They think that every exprience is during a state of delusion.

This is your topic. You started it. You're making claims. To turn this around on atheists is a bit dishonest. Let's talk about your topic here that you introduced. If you provide an supported example of a bone fide ghost experience, then I'll answer your question with regards to how I would have behaved in that scenario. Until you do, I can't answer your question.

How can that be when you are in a sound mind. How can that be when this is a shared exprience. How can that be when you have heard the same story over and over and over again. You deem to human race to be stupid. No, you and your kind are. You own logic haunts thee. The human mind cannot hand pick a delusion for everyone to see. It does not make sense ! What you are saying is that the human mind is selective, and that it has motives. It is random, and it is unpredictable under all circumstances only because it can defy logic. That is ludacris.

No you're just rambling.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:49:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:36:25 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:27:19 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:19:22 AM, drafterman wrote:

The human mind isn't built for logic. That's how.

It may or may not be. Even if you yourself have never seen or had an actualy supernatural experience, that does not mean that you should partially discard those who have.

I'm not aware of anyone that has. So there's nothing to discard.

This is what Atheists have a tendency to do, and this is why noone takes them seriously. They think that every exprience is during a state of delusion.

This is your topic. You started it. You're making claims. To turn this around on atheists is a bit dishonest. Let's talk about your topic here that you introduced. If you provide an supported example of a bone fide ghost experience, then I'll answer your question with regards to how I would have behaved in that scenario. Until you do, I can't answer your question.

How can that be when you are in a sound mind. How can that be when this is a shared exprience. How can that be when you have heard the same story over and over and over again. You deem to human race to be stupid. No, you and your kind are. You own logic haunts thee. The human mind cannot hand pick a delusion for everyone to see. It does not make sense ! What you are saying is that the human mind is selective, and that it has motives. It is random, and it is unpredictable under all circumstances only because it can defy logic. That is ludacris.

No you're just rambling.

Youre only 2% of the worlds population. And you call this rambling. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Brainless idiot. Ha, ha, ha.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:53:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:49:10 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:36:25 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:27:19 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:19:22 AM, drafterman wrote:

The human mind isn't built for logic. That's how.

It may or may not be. Even if you yourself have never seen or had an actualy supernatural experience, that does not mean that you should partially discard those who have.

I'm not aware of anyone that has. So there's nothing to discard.

This is what Atheists have a tendency to do, and this is why noone takes them seriously. They think that every exprience is during a state of delusion.

This is your topic. You started it. You're making claims. To turn this around on atheists is a bit dishonest. Let's talk about your topic here that you introduced. If you provide an supported example of a bone fide ghost experience, then I'll answer your question with regards to how I would have behaved in that scenario. Until you do, I can't answer your question.

How can that be when you are in a sound mind. How can that be when this is a shared exprience. How can that be when you have heard the same story over and over and over again. You deem to human race to be stupid. No, you and your kind are. You own logic haunts thee. The human mind cannot hand pick a delusion for everyone to see. It does not make sense ! What you are saying is that the human mind is selective, and that it has motives. It is random, and it is unpredictable under all circumstances only because it can defy logic. That is ludacris.

No you're just rambling.

Youre only 2% of the worlds population. And you call this rambling. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Brainless idiot. Ha, ha, ha.

Shut up Izbo.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:56:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:26:25 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I love how immediately after I read this thread title I thought to myself "this is an inferno topic."

Oh and you are a smart lady after all. You just had to come by the door didnt you.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 10:57:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 10:53:16 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:49:10 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:36:25 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:27:19 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 10:19:22 AM, drafterman wrote:

The human mind isn't built for logic. That's how.

It may or may not be. Even if you yourself have never seen or had an actualy supernatural experience, that does not mean that you should partially discard those who have.

I'm not aware of anyone that has. So there's nothing to discard.

This is what Atheists have a tendency to do, and this is why noone takes them seriously. They think that every exprience is during a state of delusion.

This is your topic. You started it. You're making claims. To turn this around on atheists is a bit dishonest. Let's talk about your topic here that you introduced. If you provide an supported example of a bone fide ghost experience, then I'll answer your question with regards to how I would have behaved in that scenario. Until you do, I can't answer your question.

How can that be when you are in a sound mind. How can that be when this is a shared exprience. How can that be when you have heard the same story over and over and over again. You deem to human race to be stupid. No, you and your kind are. You own logic haunts thee. The human mind cannot hand pick a delusion for everyone to see. It does not make sense ! What you are saying is that the human mind is selective, and that it has motives. It is random, and it is unpredictable under all circumstances only because it can defy logic. That is ludacris.

No you're just rambling.

Youre only 2% of the worlds population. And you call this rambling. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Brainless idiot. Ha, ha, ha.

Shut up Izbo.

Inferno and Izbo are two totally different people sir. Dont be a butthead.