Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:14:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
God by definition is greatest.

Nothing can defeat God.

Satan is the polar opposite of God, but less powerful/influential/resourceful as God. Whatever quality Satan would use to challenge God, with the exception of evil-ness, God could beat it easily. Intelligence, resourcefulness, cunning, by being omnipotent, God is automatically more of all these things and more than anything else, Satan included.

Which would explain why Satan never tries to trick God, because he knows he'd lose, he does however try to trick humans.

But.

History is written by the winners, and if God has the most power, he will always be the winner.

So how can you trust the word of someone who we are expected to believe is all great and all good, and yet there are none to ascertain the truths behind that person's words, because the only person to ever oppose them has been condemned as not merely different, but as the ultimate in evil.

In short, if God is as powerful as we say, why is it he, and not other angels, that must tell us the nature of Satan, and by extension, why would God feel the need to tell of the nature of Satan when if he had restricted Satan the way he has restricted mankind, Satan and man would never meet until someone condemned themselves to hell, by which time Satan gains nothing from tricking them.

Discuss.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 8:40:33 AM
At 10/29/2011 11:14:54 AM, Veridas wrote:
So how can you trust the word of someone who we are expected to believe is all great and all good, and yet there are none to ascertain the truths behind that person's words, because the only person to ever oppose them has been condemned as not merely different, but as the ultimate in evil.

God is omnibenevolent and therefore would not trick you...

In short, if God is as powerful as we say, why is it he, and not other angels, that must tell us the nature of Satan, and by extension, why would God feel the need to tell of the nature of Satan when if he had restricted Satan the way he has restricted mankind, Satan and man would never meet until someone condemned themselves to hell, by which time Satan gains nothing from tricking them.

Angels are just God's minions, so it wouldn't matter if they and not God told you since they would just be relaying God's message anyway. Nobody would go to Hell if Satan didn't tempt them, and God believes in free will and therefore loves humanity so0o much that he wants us to be tempted in order to challenge us. If we fail based on our own human inadequacies (the ones he imposed on us since we were created in His image), we are doomed to eternal suffering. I love god.
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 10:26:02 AM
At 10/30/2011 8:40:33 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/29/2011 11:14:54 AM, Veridas wrote:

Unless the trick was more benevolent than it's absence... ta da... you didn't have AIDS after all, but on route to find a the magic herbs to cure yourself you learned a valuable lesson about team work and friendship.

Oh wait... I am omnipotent as well, why do I have to d1ck about like this...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 4:04:03 PM
At 10/30/2011 3:52:57 PM, MarquisX wrote:
Make no mistake about, if God exist, he's a real prick

Which is why I would never worship him even if I believed he existed.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 4:16:17 PM
The God that most people worship is the God of symbols, the phantom that exists within the confines of our cognition.

The God That Exists As Actuality is the master of this God.

The former is the God of religion. It is the actual Satan. The later is the God that religions are attempting to describe.

Satan is not the polar opposite of God, Satan is a lesser thing that is taken as being greater. Pride is what keeps people trapped into doing this, if you look for it in the theistic mind set, this will become more apparent.

Of course, humans operate on the symbolic level of consciousness, and so I communicate on a symbolic level.. However, what I am speaking of is not an illusion, is very real, and can not be adequately explained in human language.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:57:20 PM
God iZ Magiks and worx n vewy mystery-us ways.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:03:07 PM
Where are the Christian defenders? Come on now, I want to see some crusades against people talking smack about your god.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:09:49 PM
At 10/30/2011 4:16:17 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The God that most people worship is the God of symbols, the phantom that exists within the confines of our cognition.

The God That Exists As Actuality is the master of this God.

The former is the God of religion. It is the actual Satan. The later is the God that religions are attempting to describe.

Satan is not the polar opposite of God, Satan is a lesser thing that is taken as being greater. Pride is what keeps people trapped into doing this, if you look for it in the theistic mind set, this will become more apparent.

Of course, humans operate on the symbolic level of consciousness, and so I communicate on a symbolic level.. However, what I am speaking of is not an illusion, is very real, and can not be adequately explained in human language.

I have no idea what you are on about or where you get your ideas from? Please can you speak in plain english?
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:37:49 AM
At 10/30/2011 8:40:33 AM, Danielle wrote:

and you know that how? Because God told you? Or rather because men who were under God's influence told you?

Hey Danielle, despite all evidence you may or may not have heard to the contrary, just being within 20 feet of me gives women orgasms. Wanna go out?

Angels are just God's minions, so it wouldn't matter if they and not God told you since they would just be relaying God's message anyway.

Not necessarily true. Remember, Lucifer started out as an angel, and he rebelled so hard he started the longest running conflict in history. A conflict that is still going.

Nobody would go to Hell if Satan didn't tempt them, and God believes in free will and therefore loves humanity so0o much that he wants us to be tempted in order to challenge us. If we fail based on our own human inadequacies (the ones he imposed on us since we were created in His image), we are doomed to eternal suffering. I love god.

But tha....oh I see what you did there. Well played.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?