Jump to topic:

Happy Samhain!

lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 8:10:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I really didn't know what tread to post this in, and I know I am like one of the only active pagans on this site, but from me to you, I want to wish you a happy Samhain!

** I will not address religious attacks on this thread, I am just wanting to share a part of my culture with you.

Blessed Be! )O(
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 9:10:08 AM
At 10/31/2011 8:10:57 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
I really didn't know what tread to post this in, and I know I am like one of the only active pagans on this site, but from me to you, I want to wish you a happy Samhain!

** I will not address religious attacks on this thread, I am just wanting to share a part of my culture with you.

Blessed Be! )O(
Thank you.
Why will you not address religious attacks on this thread?
Is it bec. you have no ans. but don't care?
Have you addressed criticism to your belief in other threads?
f so please send me a link.
At the very least please post a link that support and defends your belief.

BTW Racismisawsome is also pagan (and a Nazi).
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 9:37:24 AM
At 10/31/2011 9:10:08 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 10/31/2011 8:10:57 AM, lotus_flower wrote:

Blessed Be! )O(
Thank you.
Why will you not address religious attacks on this thread?
Is it bec. you have no ans. but don't care?
Have you addressed criticism to your belief in other threads?
f so please send me a link.
At the very least please post a link that support and defends your belief.

BTW Racismisawsome is also pagan (and a Nazi).

I think this was just meant to be a happy light hearted seasonal greetings sort of thread.

Happy Samhain, halloween, whatever.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 11:43:27 AM
who ever said there is no music for Halloween?

Happy Halloween, post any of your favorite Halloween music on this thread. maybe even we could have light hearted debate over what song is the best Halloween song.

I think 'Grim grinning ghost' is easily a classic for this holiday
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:19:56 PM
Please don't do that. How would you like me to post a thread honouring the Salem witch trials.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 8:36:20 AM
@truthseeker613
Now, you know that Judaism is no more valid than my religious beliefs (which you obviously have no knowledge of), and you also know that comparing me to a Nazi is just ad hominem because you cannot take the time to even try to tolerate other people. The reason that I am not addressing any religious attacks is because I wasn't looking for debate, like I said; I was just trying to share part of my culture with you.

@Cerebral_Narcissist
You are completely right, thank you for understanding.

@Calvincambridge
I do not know why you would do that, Jesus certainly wouldn't. On the other hand, if you made a thread about X-mas, then I would post and tell you merry Christmas, not attack your beliefs.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:21:27 AM
At 11/1/2011 9:00:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
=> )o(

http://en.wikipedia.org...(Neopaganism)
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:02:19 PM
At 11/1/2011 12:22:18 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
Happy Samhain, did you enjoy your holiday?

yes, it was good. I got together with some pagan friends of mine, and we built a fire, and did a rite. I also handed out some candy, and took my little brother to trick or treat. It was fun. How was your's?
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:46:11 PM
I don't celebrate Samhain, so I just handed out candy to the neighborhood children. But a few of my friends are Pagan and Wiccan so they celebrated. It was quite a nice evening.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 7:00:36 AM
At 11/1/2011 1:46:11 PM, CrimsonTokala wrote:
I don't celebrate Samhain, so I just handed out candy to the neighborhood children. But a few of my friends are Pagan and Wiccan so they celebrated. It was quite a nice evening.

candy is good, but I always eat too much, and end up hating myself. (:
I am glad that you actually know some neopagans, instead of assuming that we are all satanists. (:
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 9:00:47 AM
: At 11/2/2011 7:00:36 AM, lotus_flower wrote:

I am glad that you actually know some neopagans, instead of assuming that we are all satanists. (:

I eat to much candy as well.
Haha, a common thought in the area I live is that all neopagans are satanists which is quite sad that people don't look into other faiths enough to realize that they are nothing alike.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 2:09:59 PM
At 11/2/2011 9:00:47 AM, CrimsonTokala wrote:

Haha, a common thought in the area I live is that all neopagans are satanists which is quite sad that people don't look into other faiths enough to realize that they are nothing alike.

You are exactly right, thank you for not being an ignorant a$$hole. (:
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:19:15 PM
: At 11/2/2011 2:09:59 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 11/2/2011 9:00:47 AM, CrimsonTokala wrote:

You are exactly right, thank you for not being an ignorant a$$hole. (:

No problem. :)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:32:07 PM
Halloween music for real.

What? Halloween is over?

-.-
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp