Jump to topic:

Cerebral admits he is a theist!!!!!!

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 9:23:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Philosophers can question everything... but not 'properly basic beliefs'. A properly basic belief being common sense gut assumptions... such as God existing... oh wait apart from that one I guess."

He says belief in god is a common sense gut assumption. That means he thinks it is more likely then not. He is definitely now showing his true colors.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 10:19:49 AM
I know I should ignore this, I know I should... sorry guys.

I knew I just knew when I posted the 'offending comment' that you would misunderstand as you misunderstand everything.

You believe in properly basic beliefs, you state that you do, you behave like you do. Almost everything you are unable to debate (and you are unable to debate almost everything) is in danger of being labelled a properly basic belief.

The philosopher you revere and bastardise and who is the origin of the term 'properly basic belief' is Alvin Plantinga. Yet Alvin Plantinga appears to be some sort of believer in a God theist, deist, pantheist I know not... he suggests that a belief in God is a 'properly basic belief'.

My remark was a direct sarcastic response to your intellectually bankrupt cherry picking which if you had a tiny fraction of the knowledge you pretend to have would be abundantly clear to you.

For the record I believe Alvin Plantinga and his 'properly basic belief' to be by and large wrong. In my ignorance I think it is a bizarre and foolish position and that he contradicts himself.

I am Atheist, if I was a Theist I would say so.

I hate how everything has to be dumbed down to you, everything has to be slowly written in giant crayon letters, someone has to hold your hand and lead you carefully to each new idea... and you still get everything wrong... every single bloody thing.

Now I will admit to call you retarded is overly harsh, but you clearly have below average IQ and/or some form of learning disability, combined with (or instrinic to your condition) a God-like arrogance in your absent qualities. You also have this bizarre obsession with pursuing me but when I reply you rarely have any interest in actually debating me.

Not to mention the fact that your English is fvcking atrocious, to the point that you misunderstand almost everything that you read, you make totally nonsenical replies and we can't even be certain if there is even any correlation between what you have typed and what you think you are saying.

You never went to university, you never took any philosophy or logic classes, you have very limited innate ability in such subjects and no desire to learn from your betters.

You are utterly below the standards to be expected from a debate site, and so utterly beneath me that my replying to you is actually personally insulting to myself. I am not willing to patronise you by trying to make allowances for your disability that is not fair to me, I am not willing to reply to you on the presumption you are an adult because that is not fair to you and by default will result in us bullying and forcing you further into depression.

In short I will never reply to you again, leave me the fvck alone you worthless little parasite.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:32:06 PM
At 10/31/2011 10:19:49 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I know I should ignore this, I know I should... sorry guys.

I knew I just knew when I posted the 'offending comment' that you would misunderstand as you misunderstand everything.

You believe in properly basic beliefs, you state that you do, you behave like you do. Almost everything you are unable to debate (and you are unable to debate almost everything) is in danger of being labelled a properly basic belief.

The philosopher you revere and bastardise and who is the origin of the term 'properly basic belief' is Alvin Plantinga. Yet Alvin Plantinga appears to be some sort of believer in a God theist, deist, pantheist I know not... he suggests that a belief in God is a 'properly basic belief'.

My remark was a direct sarcastic response to your intellectually bankrupt cherry picking which if you had a tiny fraction of the knowledge you pretend to have would be abundantly clear to you.

For the record I believe Alvin Plantinga and his 'properly basic belief' to be by and large wrong. In my ignorance I think it is a bizarre and foolish position and that he contradicts himself.

I am Atheist, if I was a Theist I would say so.

I hate how everything has to be dumbed down to you, everything has to be slowly written in giant crayon letters, someone has to hold your hand and lead you carefully to each new idea... and you still get everything wrong... every single bloody thing.

Now I will admit to call you retarded is overly harsh, but you clearly have below average IQ and/or some form of learning disability, combined with (or instrinic to your condition) a God-like arrogance in your absent qualities. You also have this bizarre obsession with pursuing me but when I reply you rarely have any interest in actually debating me.

Not to mention the fact that your English is fvcking atrocious, to the point that you misunderstand almost everything that you read, you make totally nonsenical replies and we can't even be certain if there is even any correlation between what you have typed and what you think you are saying.

You never went to university, you never took any philosophy or logic classes, you have very limited innate ability in such subjects and no desire to learn from your betters.

You are utterly below the standards to be expected from a debate site, and so utterly beneath me that my replying to you is actually personally insulting to myself. I am not willing to patronise you by trying to make allowances for your disability that is not fair to me, I am not willing to reply to you on the presumption you are an adult because that is not fair to you and by default will result in us bullying and forcing you further into depression.

In short I will never reply to you again, leave me the fvck alone you worthless little parasite.

If you believe belief in god is a properly basic assumption it would be irrational not to believe. You said it was, so either you are irrational or a theist.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:32:48 PM
Izbo10, please stop this charade and learn to mature like an adult.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:34:59 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:32:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Not a charade, it is cerebral that is in the charade he says belief in god is a properly basic assumption and then claims not to be a theist. What type of idiot says this kind of stupidity.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:36:31 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:34:59 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Not a charade, it is cerebral that is in the charade he says belief in god is a properly basic assumption and then claims not to be a theist. What type of idiot says this kind of stupidity.

Probably someone who's far superior to "this" type of idiot (Erik).

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:37:59 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:36:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Izbo, stop trolling narcissist.

MIG stop trolling Izbo.

Can we all act like adults please?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:44:10 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:37:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/31/2011 5:36:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Izbo, stop trolling narcissist.

MIG stop trolling Izbo.

Can we all act like adults please?

Any chance you could get MIG to stop trolling me as well?
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:46:16 PM
I just hold him accountable, if he is going to be stupid people deserve to see it firsthand. When you ask him to stop acting like an idiot I will stop calling him out.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:51:28 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:46:16 PM, izbo10 wrote:
I just hold him accountable, if he is going to be stupid people deserve to see it firsthand. When you ask him to stop acting like an idiot I will stop calling him out.

The wrong person is saying the wrong thing. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLL.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 5:59:21 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:51:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

No, actually he is the one shown to make stupid comments that make no sense. I point them out all the time.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 6:05:15 PM
At 10/31/2011 5:59:21 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 10/31/2011 5:51:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

No, actually he is the one shown to make stupid comments that make no sense. I point them out all the time.

How about a toast with your buddy Diagoras and then a visit to your bed to cheer you up, old chap?

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 11:54:35 PM
At 10/31/2011 9:23:39 AM, izbo10 wrote:
"Philosophers can question everything... but not 'properly basic beliefs'. A properly basic belief being common sense gut assumptions... such as God existing... oh wait apart from that one I guess."

He says belief in god is a common sense gut assumption. That means he thinks it is more likely then not. He is definitely now showing his true colors.

Why are you making theists out to be bad people? You really embarrass me. That isn't going to help. I won't argue that I often act like theists are dumb, but they do the same to me and neither of us can help ourselves. But really you are just looking for attention which I regret giving you.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 11:55:42 PM

It is really not that dumb. He's obviously intelligent so WHY DO YOU CARE? You just make yourself look dumb.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 8:55:26 AM
At 10/31/2011 11:55:42 PM, rogue wrote:

It is really not that dumb. He's obviously intelligent so WHY DO YOU CARE? You just make yourself look dumb.

Give me one intelligent arguement the idiot has made, I have really heard few and it seems like he just stumbles on it.

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 10:44:05 PM
At 11/1/2011 8:55:26 AM, izbo10 wrote:

Give me one intelligent arguement the idiot has made, I have really heard few and it seems like he just stumbles on it.

Look at all his posts in this thread! Not to mention his debates.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 8:38:12 AM
At 11/1/2011 10:44:05 PM, rogue wrote:

I have looked at a lot of them and most are mentally retarded and have no basis in intelligence.

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 9:30:05 PM
At 11/2/2011 8:38:12 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 10:44:05 PM, rogue wrote:

I have looked at a lot of them and most are mentally retarded and have no basis in intelligence.

Ok really you know that isn't true. Why are you saying this? You make yourself look stupid!