Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

CHRISLAM, and The End Of The World ?

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 11:24:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I must admit I am not really that convinced, Christianity and Islam have limited value as tools of social control and they are both in decline. Merging them together does not for a stronger larger faith, simply a new one with more internal inconsistencies. My money would be on militant politicised atheism as an illuminati mind control device... but really there are no such conspiracies.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:01:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 11:24:48 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I must admit I am not really that convinced, Christianity and Islam have limited value as tools of social control and they are both in decline. Merging them together does not for a stronger larger faith, simply a new one with more internal inconsistencies. My money would be on militant politicised atheism as an illuminati mind control device... but really there are no such conspiracies.

You dont have to be. But when they come for you, you will remember these words.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:15:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:01:13 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:24:48 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I must admit I am not really that convinced, Christianity and Islam have limited value as tools of social control and they are both in decline. Merging them together does not for a stronger larger faith, simply a new one with more internal inconsistencies. My money would be on militant politicised atheism as an illuminati mind control device... but really there are no such conspiracies.

You dont have to be. But when they come for you, you will remember these words.

The most basic expression of Christianity is that Christ is THE saviour, the most basic expression of Islam is that Mohammed is THE Prophet. Even wielding these two ideas together creates numerous fatal inconsistencies. Not to mention that both these faiths are dying.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:19:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:15:57 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:01:13 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:24:48 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I must admit I am not really that convinced, Christianity and Islam have limited value as tools of social control and they are both in decline. Merging them together does not for a stronger larger faith, simply a new one with more internal inconsistencies. My money would be on militant politicised atheism as an illuminati mind control device... but really there are no such conspiracies.

You dont have to be. But when they come for you, you will remember these words.


No, they are not dying. Just evolving. Nice try though.
The most basic expression of Christianity is that Christ is THE saviour, the most basic expression of Islam is that Mohammed is THE Prophet. Even wielding these two ideas together creates numerous fatal inconsistencies. Not to mention that both these faiths are dying.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:24:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Every Christian country and increasingly every Islamic country is turning it's back on religion (though admittedly the arab spring has slightly reversed that trend). If you want a control cult I'd go with militant atheism... well actually I'd go with scientolgy because it's wacky as heck.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:45:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?

Actually it does not matter what you say or think. You are irrelevent to this issue.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:47:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:45:37 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?

Actually it does not matter what you say or think. You are irrelevent to this issue.

Do you not think it all interesting to consider that you are almost certainly wrong?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 1:14:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:47:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:45:37 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?

Actually it does not matter what you say or think. You are irrelevent to this issue.

Do you not think it all interesting to consider that you are almost certainly wrong?

Based on what I am hearing and seeing. No, I am right on target.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 1:20:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 1:14:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:47:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:45:37 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?

Actually it does not matter what you say or think. You are irrelevent to this issue.

Do you not think it all interesting to consider that you are almost certainly wrong?

Based on what I am hearing and seeing. No, I am right on target.

Two mutually exlusive religions are going to welded together to create a new religion with which to conquer the world? Okay if thats not self-refuting do you have any evidence to support this conspiracy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 1:32:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 1:20:49 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 1:14:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:47:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:45:37 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?

Actually it does not matter what you say or think. You are irrelevent to this issue.

Do you not think it all interesting to consider that you are almost certainly wrong?

Based on what I am hearing and seeing. No, I am right on target.

Two mutually exlusive religions are going to welded together to create a new religion with which to conquer the world? Okay if thats not self-refuting do you have any evidence to support this conspiracy.

Conspiracy ? Another covoluted and repetitive yet useless term by a secular meathead.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 1:57:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 1:32:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 1:20:49 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 1:14:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:47:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:45:37 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 12:30:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

If Catholicism cannot resolve itself with Protestantism (or, hell, Orthodox!) how can I be expected to believe that "Christianity" can resolve itself with "Islam"?

Actually it does not matter what you say or think. You are irrelevent to this issue.

Do you not think it all interesting to consider that you are almost certainly wrong?

Based on what I am hearing and seeing. No, I am right on target.

Two mutually exlusive religions are going to welded together to create a new religion with which to conquer the world? Okay if thats not self-refuting do you have any evidence to support this conspiracy.

Conspiracy ? Another covoluted and repetitive yet useless term by a secular meathead.

So this is not a conspiracy? Fine... drop the word. Do you have any evidence for this plot?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:03:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah, Inferno. You're overlooking the latent (yet necessary) contempt the two faiths have against one another. Modern atheism can be combat rather simply, cultural isolationism.

There are events in which Christians and Muslims may form a joint offensive but these are far between and getting more rare every decade.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
CrimsonTokala
Posts: 61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:15:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Chrislam? I highly doubt this will be used to manipulate and control the world. Christianity and Islam cannot be melded together to make a new faith. I would hope many Christians and Muslims would agree.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:16:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:13:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Religion lost its control over people well over 800 years ago...

Who taught you history?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:17:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:16:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:13:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Religion lost its control over people well over 800 years ago...

Who taught you history?

Post Reinsurance there was little power of any Church or organized religion...
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:22:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:17:57 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:16:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:13:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Religion lost its control over people well over 800 years ago...

Who taught you history?

Post Reinsurance there was little power of any Church or organized religion...
It's renaissance.

And no, the world's most bloody holy war happened in the 17th Century so you're wrong in that regards.

People did not become secular until republicanism and the liberal doctrine of liberté, égalité, fraternité came into effect. ~ 1810 is a good date when most general european people, not just the intelligensia, became secular.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:23:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:17:57 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:16:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:13:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Religion lost its control over people well over 800 years ago...

Who taught you history?

Post Reinsurance there was little power of any Church or organized religion...

What year was this 'reinsurance' of which you speak?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:25:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:22:27 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:17:57 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:16:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:13:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Religion lost its control over people well over 800 years ago...

Who taught you history?

Post Reinsurance there was little power of any Church or organized religion...
It's renaissance.

And no, the world's most bloody holy war happened in the 17th Century so you're wrong in that regards.

People did not become secular until republicanism and the liberal doctrine of liberté, égalité, fraternité came into effect. ~ 1810 is a good date when most general european people, not just the intelligensia, became secular.

I know I cannot spell, thank you, and renaissance was the first major questioning of faith. Religion ultimately started declining in power since then, depending on how you look at it.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:28:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:25:03 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:22:27 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:17:57 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:16:27 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:13:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Religion lost its control over people well over 800 years ago...

Who taught you history?

Post Reinsurance there was little power of any Church or organized religion...
It's renaissance.

And no, the world's most bloody holy war happened in the 17th Century so you're wrong in that regards.

People did not become secular until republicanism and the liberal doctrine of liberté, égalité, fraternité came into effect. ~ 1810 is a good date when most general european people, not just the intelligensia, became secular.

I know I cannot spell, thank you, and renaissance was the first major questioning of faith. Religion ultimately started declining in power since then, depending on how you look at it.

But its influence remain as strong as steel.
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:29:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But its influence remain as strong as steel.

Not really, I'm not living my life in fear of excommunication from the Church, like people did while the church still had power.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:30:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:29:54 PM, Mikeee wrote:
But its influence remain as strong as steel.

Not really, I'm not living my life in fear of excommunication from the Church, like people did while the church still had power.

What you think is irrelevent. You are small in number and out of the ark of safety.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:31:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:30:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:29:54 PM, Mikeee wrote:
But its influence remain as strong as steel.

Not really, I'm not living my life in fear of excommunication from the Church, like people did while the church still had power.

What you think is irrelevent. You are small in number and out of the ark of safety.

You don't have any evidence of this plot do you?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:32:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:30:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:29:54 PM, Mikeee wrote:
But its influence remain as strong as steel.

Not really, I'm not living my life in fear of excommunication from the Church, like people did while the church still had power.

What you think is irrelevent. You are small in number and out of the ark of safety.

Surely someone has rational thinking, maybe even izbo, could come to the conclusion that organized religion is unable to brainwash society.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:32:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:25:03 PM, Mikeee wrote:

I know I cannot spell, thank you, and renaissance was the first major questioning of faith. Religion ultimately started declining in power since then, depending on how you look at it.

Renaissance refers to an era technological advancement that radically changes human life, literally it means rebirth. The event you are looking for is called the enlightenment and was a by product of liberal social theory. Liberalism is thought to have started with Thomas Hobbes, a rather atheistic-anglican back during the Brit civil wars (1640s-1670s).

Renaissance has very little to do with philosophy, only science.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:34:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:32:31 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:25:03 PM, Mikeee wrote:

I know I cannot spell, thank you, and renaissance was the first major questioning of faith. Religion ultimately started declining in power since then, depending on how you look at it.

Renaissance refers to an era technological advancement that radically changes human life, literally it means rebirth. The event you are looking for is called the enlightenment and was a by product of liberal social theory. Liberalism is thought to have started with Thomas Hobbes, a rather atheistic-anglican back during the Brit civil wars (1640s-1670s).

Renaissance has very little to do with philosophy, only science.

It has everything to do with philosophy. During the renaissance, ideas such as man is capable of anything became relevant. Look at the example of Niccolo Machiavelli
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:43:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 2:34:08 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:32:31 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/31/2011 2:25:03 PM, Mikeee wrote:

I know I cannot spell, thank you, and renaissance was the first major questioning of faith. Religion ultimately started declining in power since then, depending on how you look at it.

Renaissance refers to an era technological advancement that radically changes human life, literally it means rebirth. The event you are looking for is called the enlightenment and was a by product of liberal social theory. Liberalism is thought to have started with Thomas Hobbes, a rather atheistic-anglican back during the Brit civil wars (1640s-1670s).

Renaissance has very little to do with philosophy, only science.

It has everything to do with philosophy. During the renaissance, ideas such as man is capable of anything became relevant. Look at the example of Niccolo Machiavelli
Yeah, Niccolo Machiavelli wasn't a liberal or anti-religious person.

The Prince was a dummy's guide to screwing people over when you have absolutist rule. 200 years later the likes of Rousseau read it and said: "Machiavelli was only joking; the book is a parody of government", or something to that effect in a footnote in A Social Contract (1762). Nicky's other books or plays were not so "light".

Besides this, it was only him. Who else was there?

Honestly, look this up and you'll see what I mean.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 3:14:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 11:17:38 AM, inferno wrote:
One world religion coming to a theatre near you. This is what the rave has been all about over the past 6 months. Remember when that guy told everyone that the world was going to end back in the Spring of 2011. Well, it seems that there were some secret society groups that were planning this One World Government behind closed doors. Many of them were world leaders such as Obama, Clinton, Bilderbergs, and more. But this is the beginning of the end, and more Christians will be persecuted. And you will also see a rise in the Anti Semitism hatred towards the Jews all around the world. But Chrislam is not really a religion folks. This is a form of manipulation that will be used to try and control the world and humanity at large. Get ready for a big show. The Anti Christ is here and he will appear to us very soon. What do you think ?

I will kill him.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit