Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Catholics, What happens to the Protestants?

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:32:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This also goes for Protestants as it applies to Catholics.

Let's say everything the Catholic faith says is 100% correct. Would a full-devoted, fanatical protestant go to hell?

Vice versa.

If you are a sect of protestanism, I'd also like to hear what you think happens to the other sects.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:33:51 PM
At 11/1/2011 7:32:00 PM, Wnope wrote:

Let's say everything the Catholic faith says is 100% correct. Would a full-devoted, fanatical protestant go to hell?

Vice versa.

If you are a sect of protestanism, I'd also like to hear what you think happens to the other sects.

Both believe that belief in Jesus and his ressurection and acknowledging him as your savior saves you. Everything else is "interpretational." I think the majority would believe that each are saved.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:38:21 PM
At 11/1/2011 7:33:51 PM, Crede wrote:

Vice versa.

Both believe that belief in Jesus and his ressurection and acknowledging him as your savior saves you. Everything else is "interpretational." I think the majority would believe that each are saved.

So, during the 30 year war, each side believed the other would go to heaven after death?

Or are you talking about a majority of catholics/protestants alive today?
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 1:16:11 PM

Vice versa.

No.

First, while Catholic Dogma is that there is a hell, it is also that no one person is identified as being there.
Second, Lumen Gentium, the official promulgation on RC ecclesiology, holds that each is to believe as God gives them the Faith to believe. All Good is of God, in other words.

Before it starts....this is the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church,it is not open to debate, it is the teaching. No one has to be Roman Catholic, but if they are the must accept it.