What about the other gods?

EmpiricalFact
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 12:10:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi,forum.
I was wondering,Why do the majority of Atheist only attack the judeo-Christian God and not other religions and their god's/goddeses?Does God poses as a threat to skepticism?Is it because he is the most famous god of all time?Or, because he is the most believed god of humanity?is it because he seems like a lie? What's the reason?

Just to be clear I don't have a problem with Atheist or them attacking God.This is a free country a they should believe whatever they feel like.

P.s. Sorry for any grammatical horrors you find.I'll give my point of view about this topic if requested.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 12:15:57 AM
Contemporary atheism is a European idea, the dominant religion in Europe is Christianity.

Is it because he is the most famous god of all time?Or, because he is the most believed god of humanity?
Yeah.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 12:16:24 AM
The main reason probably has to do with the fact that most people do not believe in those "alternative" gods. They attack the God that is relevant to who they are attempting to convert.

Most theists around here are Christian, with a few exceptions.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 6:10:05 AM
The Judaeo-Christian God is the favourite God of our culture, he is also a logical paradox, this makes him the most prominent and the easiest to dismiss.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.