Jump to topic:

My Sin.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 6:33:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is it again? If you spend time with the immoral and the corrupt, you too will become immoral and corrupt. I can tell you, that I am no saint. Or at least I act nothing like one.

Let me lay it down straight, Christian life = death... death of the body, alive in the spirit. A transformation from one to the other, and I can tell you, when it happened to me, it changed my life. It changed my life, that isn't the hard part to believe for those who think what I believe is deceptive. The hard part to believe is whether my life has really changed the way I say it has. There are two distinctions here, one that is religious and the other is truthful and godly.

The first distinction is my own effort at being the best I can to please God, and most of the time that does not happen. Doing the right thing at avoiding sin as much as possible. That is what I call the inner section, given that my explanation here is laid out in the form of an analogy. And the outer section, distinction number two is my salvation. In that, despite what I do or do not do, nothing in section one can effect section two. However section two can effect section one. My salvation has and does effect the way I act and think and speak. And it does, it is just that sometime I can be a hard nut to crack, and it takes a while for reality of the truth to hit me and get me back on my feet and off the floor.

The largest influence that leads Christians to sin is non-believers, hands down. Although blame cannot be spread here, in my Christian walk or, spiritual life, I have appeared no different from non-believers when it comes down to hanging around with them. Jesus spoke on that we are meant to be the salt and light of this world, yet I struggle to see that in me, at this time. And because of my behavior, I cannot go to them now and talk to them about the truth, and now because of that, I have perhaps condemned a fair few.

I am just sharing this, this isn't so much a beginning of a discussion, I just want you people to know this about me. You may think I come across as some holy head, but that is far from the truth. I still believe in Jesus Christ and that will never change as it is apart of section two, my faith is God's effort. Or God gives my faith, I create none myself.

I wouldn't like to mention the things I have done - too ashamed to do so. But I guess I ought to, get it out of the way. Here is the list then:

Drunkenness - Sucked into the moment, into the fun and excitement, to only regret ever moment the next morning, based on what I believe.
Sexual sin - Fornication (very rarely), masturbation (most shameful), most disrespectful.
Adulatory - Had a none Christian relationship with a girl.
Disobedience to my mum - Disobeying God.
Cursing - I have been cursing out of context lately, unjustifiably.
Blasphemy - I have used God's name in vain.
Vanity - Been pretty self obsessed, in appearance etc...

And there are more likely others, but the largest and greatest of all is that I haven't been loving God with my mind, body, spirit, and all my strength, which really covers all sin, or you could just say, I have been prideful.

I haven't prayed or read the Bible in months in may seem. And I feel that I ought to, not based on myself benefits, but that God deserves such.

When I became a Christian, I brought Coldplay's Viva La Vida, and it had one song on it that reminds me on my conversion. And to this day, it still does. Have a listen to it please. Oh and one last thing, don't feel for me here, I really don't want anyone to pity me in any form or fashion, thanks.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 6:41:13 PM
Drunkenness - Sucked into the moment, into the fun and excitement, to only regret ever moment the next morning, based on what I believe.
Sexual sin - Fornication (very rarely), masturbation (most shameful), most disrespectful.

Is there a reason for these being sins, other than your interpretation of the Bible?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 6:50:06 PM
The Bible is just a relay of past moral understandings trying to secure immortality. What you call sin is what was considered sin by the society in which the authors drafted that fiction piece. A Bible that only cares about fairness, righteousness, justice, and fellowship among people is a Bible worth reading, not one that pits man against man, and peddles the air of self-righteousness under a hardly righteous set of values.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 7:38:08 PM
At 11/6/2011 6:41:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Is there a reason for these being sins, other than your interpretation of the Bible?

Socially, apart from being disobedient to parents, none of those are wrong, socially that is. But do remember, a Christian isn't meant to be apart of the world, but of the Kingdom of God.
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:07:19 PM
: At 11/6/2011 6:33:22 PM, GodSands wrote:
What is it again? If you spend time with the immoral and the corrupt, you too will become immoral and corrupt. I can tell you, that I am no saint. Or at least I act nothing like one.

Let me lay it down straight, Christian life = death... death of the body, alive in the spirit. A transformation from one to the other, and I can tell you, when it happened to me, it changed my life. It changed my life, that isn't the hard part to believe for those who think what I believe is deceptive. The hard part to believe is whether my life has really changed the way I say it has. There are two distinctions here, one that is religious and the other is truthful and godly.

The first distinction is my own effort at being the best I can to please God, and most of the time that does not happen. Doing the right thing at avoiding sin as much as possible. That is what I call the inner section, given that my explanation here is laid out in the form of an analogy. And the outer section, distinction number two is my salvation. In that, despite what I do or do not do, nothing in section one can effect section two. However section two can effect section one. My salvation has and does effect the way I act and think and speak. And it does, it is just that sometime I can be a hard nut to crack, and it takes a while for reality of the truth to hit me and get me back on my feet and off the floor.

The largest influence that leads Christians to sin is non-believers, hands down. Although blame cannot be spread here, in my Christian walk or, spiritual life, I have appeared no different from non-believers when it comes down to hanging around with them. Jesus spoke on that we are meant to be the salt and light of this world, yet I struggle to see that in me, at this time. And because of my behavior, I cannot go to them now and talk to them about the truth, and now because of that, I have perhaps condemned a fair few.

I am just sharing this, this isn't so much a beginning of a discussion, I just want you people to know this about me. You may think I come across as some holy head, but that is far from the truth. I still believe in Jesus Christ and that will never change as it is apart of section two, my faith is God's effort. Or God gives my faith, I create none myself.

I wouldn't like to mention the things I have done - too ashamed to do so. But I guess I ought to, get it out of the way. Here is the list then:

And there are more likely others, but the largest and greatest of all is that I haven't been loving God with my mind, body, spirit, and all my strength, which really covers all sin, or you could just say, I have been prideful.

I haven't prayed or read the Bible in months in may seem. And I feel that I ought to, not based on myself benefits, but that God deserves such.

When I became a Christian, I brought Coldplay's Viva La Vida, and it had one song on it that reminds me on my conversion. And to this day, it still does. Have a listen to it please. Oh and one last thing, don't feel for me here, I really don't want anyone to pity me in any form or fashion, thanks.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:14:14 PM
A serious young man found the conflicts of mid 20th Century America confusing. He went to many people seeking a way of resolving within himself the discords that troubled him, but he remained troubled.

One night in a coffee house, a self-ordained Zen Master said to him, "go to the dilapidated mansion you will find at this address which I have written down for you. Do not speak to those who live there; you must remain silent until the moon rises tomorrow night. Go to the large room on the right of the main hallway, sit in the lotus position on top of the rubble in the northeast corner, face the corner, and meditate."

He did just as the Zen Master instructed. His meditation was frequently interrupted by worries. He worried whether or not the rest of the plumbing fixtures would fall from the second floor bathroom to join the pipes and other trash he was sitting on. He worried how would he know when the moon rose on the next night. He worried about what the people who walked through the room said about him.

His worrying and meditation were disturbed when, as if in a test of his faith, ordure fell from the second floor onto him. At that time two people walked into the room. The first asked the second who the man was sitting there was. The second replied "Some say he is a holy man. Others say he is a sh!thead."

Hearing this, the man was enlightened.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp