Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God's Biggest enemy...

lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 9:04:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

Though I think any stance against homosexuality religious or secular is the product of stupidity the man does raise one sensible point. Christians and such like ought to have a right to express their bullsh1t opinions.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 9:44:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 9:04:40 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

Though I think any stance against homosexuality religious or secular is the product of stupidity the man does raise one sensible point. Christians and such like ought to have a right to express their bullsh1t opinions.

I agree, and we have the right to mock this stupid prick. (:
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 2:37:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
God hates facts. They kill him every time.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 3:27:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 2:37:29 PM, izbo10 wrote:
God hates facts. They kill him every time.
I thought god was imaginary, professor Izbo10....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
sadolite
Posts: 8,841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 4:50:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

Amen. Zing!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 4:57:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

s'funny.

In one post you've summarised everything wrong with any religion being bigoted or hateful in any way.

Because the instant the tables are turned, it's always the Christians that screech "stop disminatin' again our beleefs!"

I also find it funny that you've elected to post something like this in a forum thread that criticsed Christians. Yet, you have fallen silent upon the numerous forum posts authored by a Christian that openly mocks or insults Atheism.

Context and consistency are everything, grasshoppa.

Oh, and if you think having Sadolite's backing means anything, you're wrong. He's an idiot.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:12:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 4:57:29 PM, Veridas wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

s'funny.

In one post you've summarised everything wrong with any religion being bigoted or hateful in any way.

I agree . . . in fact I'd take it further and say I've summarized whats wrong with any belief . . .

Because the instant the tables are turned, it's always the Christians that screech "stop disminatin' again our beleefs!"

" discriminatin' " . . . and I do my very best not to discriminate against anyone . . . I honestly have no control over others, look at any forum topics ive made/posted in for the past month or so, I do my best to not discriminate.

I also find it funny that you've elected to post something like this in a forum thread that criticsed Christians. Yet, you have fallen silent upon the numerous forum posts authored by a Christian that openly mocks or insults Atheism.

where have I fallen silent? on inferno's ridiculous posts? Sorry, but we all know to ignore 95% of what he says . . . lotus on the other hand has people agreeing with her hate speech.

Context and consistency are everything, grasshoppa.

agreed, two things i strive towards

Oh, and if you think having Sadolite's backing means anything, you're wrong. He's an idiot.

erm . . . I guess I'll take your word for it
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 1:05:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
g33k_frk said:
I agree . . . in fact I'd take it further and say I've summarized whats wrong with any belief . . .

Not really. While being a bigot is horrendous on its own, when you mix a sense of bigotry with a belief that the person that posesses the bigotry never has to have their beliefs challenged, you get the moral high horses wheeled out at the drop of a hat.

Of the two, it's the latter I'm focussing on.

g33k_fr33k said:

" discriminatin' " . . . and I do my very best not to discriminate against anyone . . . I honestly have no control over others, look at any forum topics ive made/posted in for the past month or so, I do my best to not discriminate.

Strawman. I never said you personally were responsible for this. However it's still a prominent piece of moral framework. All religion one way or another is based on the idea that everyone else is wrong, if you can convince someone that someone else's ideas are false without ever having heard them then you can convince them of the same about peole's morals and behaviour.

g33k_fr33k said:
where have I fallen silent? on inferno's ridiculous posts? Sorry, but we all know to ignore 95% of what he says . . . lotus on the other hand has people agreeing with her hate speech.

While I agree that Inferno is an idiot, that's entirely the point. If you're going to take a stand against hate then it doesn't matter who you do it in defiance of because chances are they're a cunt anyway. However, where you say something is as important as what you say, and for a Christian to take a stand against inter-faith hatred...in a thread primarily promoting hate against Christians when other platforms without that context have come and gone, and you've elected against doing it on a platform of your own choosing. Well, it reeks of the old hypocrisy just a bit.

g33k_fr33k said:
erm . . . I guess I'll take your word for it

So you know Inferno is a moron but haven't figured out that sadolite eats glue?
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 7:17:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

This would have more weight with me if it appeared in any thread started by inferno. Or do you actually believe only atheists start threats like these?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 7:23:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 4:57:29 PM, Veridas wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

s'funny.

In one post you've summarised everything wrong with any religion being bigoted or hateful in any way.

Because the instant the tables are turned, it's always the Christians that screech "stop disminatin' again our beleefs!"

I also find it funny that you've elected to post something like this in a forum thread that criticsed Christians. Yet, you have fallen silent upon the numerous forum posts authored by a Christian that openly mocks or insults Atheism.

Context and consistency are everything, grasshoppa.

Oh, and if you think having Sadolite's backing means anything, you're wrong. He's an idiot.

This, and I especially agree with the last part.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 8:38:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

I believe that you and I both would agree that we would discriminate against the sexuality of the pedophile. They can claim all day long that their sexual preference is "natural" or "genetic".

We (you and I both) would also discriminate against rapists.

We would lock them into a cage and take away their freedom perpetually.

Christians and Secular supporters of a strong society would include more sexual preferences within the spectrum of discrimination.

Both Christians and Secular societists would include dimscriminatory restrictions against Homosexuals, fornicators, single parents, even adding oustanding factors in sexual acts like alcoholism, etc..

Both want strong families that produce strong children. These faulty family structures do not produce a "better" society. They produce mentally deficient children (or no children).

The instability is increased with each successive generational decline.

We as Christians have moral obligations as well as practical ones.

The practical is clear. From a secular viewpoint alone, if we for example feminize our military and a non feminized army sees that as a weakness...
They attack our lives and property are threatened.

I could go on to the countless pro arguments for the discrimination of homosexuality and other sexual preferences.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 8:44:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 8:38:14 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

I believe that you and I both would agree that we would discriminate against the sexuality of the pedophile. They can claim all day long that their sexual preference is "natural" or "genetic".

We (you and I both) would also discriminate against rapists.

We would lock them into a cage and take away their freedom perpetually.

Christians and Secular supporters of a strong society would include more sexual preferences within the spectrum of discrimination.

Both Christians and Secular societists would include dimscriminatory restrictions against Homosexuals, fornicators, single parents, even adding oustanding factors in sexual acts like alcoholism, etc..

Both want strong families that produce strong children. These faulty family structures do not produce a "better" society. They produce mentally deficient children (or no children).

The instability is increased with each successive generational decline.

We as Christians have moral obligations as well as practical ones.

The practical is clear. From a secular viewpoint alone, if we for example feminize our military and a non feminized army sees that as a weakness...
They attack our lives and property are threatened.

I could go on to the countless pro arguments for the discrimination of homosexuality and other sexual preferences.

Number of problems with that, we should not judge sexulity on whether it is nature, nurture, or even if it choice... but on the harm it causes.

Two gay men living in a committed relationship are not causing harm, a rapist (which by extension includes paedophiles but not pederasts with whom I have no issue) is causing harm.

Permitting homosexuals in the army need not enourage the feminisation of the Army. Do you really think that gay soldiers will replace their army fatigues with bright pink catsuits and mince into battle to give out flowers and hugs?

Are you not aware of the tremendous amount of homosexuality and it's complete toleration amongst the Spartans? The greatest warriors of their time?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 8:44:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 8:44:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/9/2011 8:38:14 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

I believe that you and I both would agree that we would discriminate against the sexuality of the pedophile. They can claim all day long that their sexual preference is "natural" or "genetic".

We (you and I both) would also discriminate against rapists.

We would lock them into a cage and take away their freedom perpetually.

Christians and Secular supporters of a strong society would include more sexual preferences within the spectrum of discrimination.

Both Christians and Secular societists would include dimscriminatory restrictions against Homosexuals, fornicators, single parents, even adding oustanding factors in sexual acts like alcoholism, etc..

Both want strong families that produce strong children. These faulty family structures do not produce a "better" society. They produce mentally deficient children (or no children).

The instability is increased with each successive generational decline.

We as Christians have moral obligations as well as practical ones.

The practical is clear. From a secular viewpoint alone, if we for example feminize our military and a non feminized army sees that as a weakness...
They attack our lives and property are threatened.

I could go on to the countless pro arguments for the discrimination of homosexuality and other sexual preferences.

Number of problems with that, we should not judge sexulity on whether it is nature, nurture, or even if it choice... but on the harm it causes.

Two gay men living in a committed relationship are not causing harm, a rapist (which by extension includes paedophiles but not pederasts with whom I have no issue) is causing harm.

Permitting homosexuals in the army need not enourage the feminisation of the Army. Do you really think that gay soldiers will replace their army fatigues with bright pink catsuits and mince into battle to give out flowers and hugs?

Are you not aware of the tremendous amount of homosexuality and it's complete toleration amongst the Spartans? The greatest warriors of their time?

rut roh we have morality based on harm is cerebral learning something?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 8:57:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 8:44:53 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 8:44:04 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/9/2011 8:38:14 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

I believe that you and I both would agree that we would discriminate against the sexuality of the pedophile. They can claim all day long that their sexual preference is "natural" or "genetic".

We (you and I both) would also discriminate against rapists.

We would lock them into a cage and take away their freedom perpetually.

Christians and Secular supporters of a strong society would include more sexual preferences within the spectrum of discrimination.

Both Christians and Secular societists would include dimscriminatory restrictions against Homosexuals, fornicators, single parents, even adding oustanding factors in sexual acts like alcoholism, etc..

Both want strong families that produce strong children. These faulty family structures do not produce a "better" society. They produce mentally deficient children (or no children).

The instability is increased with each successive generational decline.

We as Christians have moral obligations as well as practical ones.

The practical is clear. From a secular viewpoint alone, if we for example feminize our military and a non feminized army sees that as a weakness...
They attack our lives and property are threatened.

I could go on to the countless pro arguments for the discrimination of homosexuality and other sexual preferences.

Number of problems with that, we should not judge sexulity on whether it is nature, nurture, or even if it choice... but on the harm it causes.

Two gay men living in a committed relationship are not causing harm, a rapist (which by extension includes paedophiles but not pederasts with whom I have no issue) is causing harm.

Permitting homosexuals in the army need not enourage the feminisation of the Army. Do you really think that gay soldiers will replace their army fatigues with bright pink catsuits and mince into battle to give out flowers and hugs?

Are you not aware of the tremendous amount of homosexuality and it's complete toleration amongst the Spartans? The greatest warriors of their time?

rut roh we have morality based on harm is cerebral learning something?

Moral Nihilist Expressivist.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 9:06:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 7:17:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

This would have more weight with me if it appeared in any thread started by inferno. Or do you actually believe only atheists start threats like these?

You, good sir, are putting words in my mouth. . . I merely am commenting on the fact that lotus consistently spews hatred . . . I actually haven't noticed much of what sadolite has posted so again . . . I can't speak to his.stupidity
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 9:14:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 9:06:26 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 7:17:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

This would have more weight with me if it appeared in any thread started by inferno. Or do you actually believe only atheists start threats like these?

You, good sir, are putting words in my mouth. . . I merely am commenting on the fact that lotus consistently spews hatred . . . I actually haven't noticed much of what sadolite has posted so again . . . I can't speak to his.stupidity

I'm putting no words in my mouth. Nor did I mention sadolite. I'm simply noting that you seem to think it necessary to make a post like this when an atheist starts a thread, but I notice no similar sentiment in other threads like this started by a theist. If you have, I apologize.

Hate is hate, so it shouldn't matter if it is spewed by an atheist or a theist. I mean, I'm not expecting you to watch this forum or any specific user like a hawk, but to get to this thread you had to pass by "Aliens invade atheism" and "Atheists and their cowardly ways."

So it seems to me you're being a bit selective here.
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 10:50:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ah, well I can't deny my selective nature . . . But ill explain why,

Firstly, ill repeat that inferno is ridiculous hence the need for opposing his view points is non-existant . . . If he wants to rant about "darker powers" that invade peoples minds and that athiests can't handle, well, good for him . . .

Second, I honestly haven't found a hateful post made by a theist against athiests, however, if I did I would say the exact same thing.

Lastly, there is no way you can deny lotus is constantly speaking hate . . . She degrades anyone that doesn't agree with her. She complains about bigotry and yet practices it . . . I do not appreciate hypocrites. I single her out because amazingly people seem to have no problem with how she presents her message. I could care less whether she supports gay rights . . . I applaud her zeal for the subject . . . But ultimately this is a debate site and no place for hate rants
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:05:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

It wasn't a hate thread for Christians. It was a hate thread for ignorance. If you feel like I am so offensive, then don't read the threads I post, it's as simple as that. As far as me being ignorant, I am not quite sure where you got that from. I probably know more about your religion than you. As far as my posts go, well, it was an attempt to make you rethink a religion like the crazy one that you follow.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:09:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:12:39 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:57:29 PM, Veridas wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

s'funny.

In one post you've summarised everything wrong with any religion being bigoted or hateful in any way.

I agree . . . in fact I'd take it further and say I've summarized whats wrong with any belief . . .

Because the instant the tables are turned, it's always the Christians that screech "stop disminatin' again our beleefs!"

" discriminatin' " . . . and I do my very best not to discriminate against anyone . . . I honestly have no control over others, look at any forum topics ive made/posted in for the past month or so, I do my best to not discriminate.

I also find it funny that you've elected to post something like this in a forum thread that criticsed Christians. Yet, you have fallen silent upon the numerous forum posts authored by a Christian that openly mocks or insults Atheism.

where have I fallen silent? on inferno's ridiculous posts? Sorry, but we all know to ignore 95% of what he says . . . lotus on the other hand has people agreeing with her hate speech.

Context and consistency are everything, grasshoppa.

agreed, two things i strive towards

Oh, and if you think having Sadolite's backing means anything, you're wrong. He's an idiot.

erm . . . I guess I'll take your word for it

I don't know if calling me a female was a stab at my sexual orientation, my masculinity, or if it was just a simple mistake, but it wasn't funny, if it was a joke. Also, I have never used hate speech. Give me one instance.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:10:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 10:50:54 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
Ah, well I can't deny my selective nature . . . But ill explain why,

Firstly, ill repeat that inferno is ridiculous hence the need for opposing his view points is non-existant . . . If he wants to rant about "darker powers" that invade peoples minds and that athiests can't handle, well, good for him . . .

Second, I honestly haven't found a hateful post made by a theist against athiests, however, if I did I would say the exact same thing.

Lastly, there is no way you can deny lotus is constantly speaking hate . . . She degrades anyone that doesn't agree with her. She complains about bigotry and yet practices it . . . I do not appreciate hypocrites. I single her out because amazingly people seem to have no problem with how she presents her message. I could care less whether she supports gay rights . . . I applaud her zeal for the subject . . . But ultimately this is a debate site and no place for hate rants

I think Lotus is a he, and not sure what hate rants you refer to. Theists and Atheists are never going to fully agree or live together in harmony anyway.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:17:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 10:50:54 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
Ah, well I can't deny my selective nature . . . But ill explain why,

Firstly, ill repeat that inferno is ridiculous hence the need for opposing his view points is non-existant . . . If he wants to rant about "darker powers" that invade peoples minds and that athiests can't handle, well, good for him . . .

But not good for atheists?


Second, I honestly haven't found a hateful post made by a theist against athiests, however, if I did I would say the exact same thing.

Then I suggest you read just about anything written by inferno. I find it literally unbelievable that your reading habits on this forum could be so selective by chance.


Lastly, there is no way you can deny lotus is constantly speaking hate . . . She degrades anyone that doesn't agree with her. She complains about bigotry and yet practices it . . . I do not appreciate hypocrites. I single her out because amazingly people seem to have no problem with how she presents her message. I could care less whether she supports gay rights . . . I applaud her zeal for the subject . . . But ultimately this is a debate site and no place for hate rants

I have made no statement to or about lotus. My response was to and about you.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:21:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 8:38:14 AM, Gileandos wrote:
At 11/7/2011 8:56:37 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
http://www.demotix.com...

That's me! Spreading the homosexual agenda to you, and all of your kids!
http://gotquestions.blogos.org...

I believe that you and I both would agree that we would discriminate against the sexuality of the pedophile. They can claim all day long that their sexual preference is "natural" or "genetic".

We (you and I both) would also discriminate against rapists.

We would lock them into a cage and take away their freedom perpetually.

Comparing me or any other homosexual to a pedophile/rapist is a straw man, and you know it. a Pedophile/rapist does not feel love for their victim, and usually the victim is not consenting. But, two (or more) consenting adults should be able to engage in any sexual act, (as long as it does not harm outside of the act, or have negative effects on an outside party) that they feel like.

Christians and Secular supporters of a strong society would include more sexual preferences within the spectrum of discrimination.

Both Christians and Secular societists would include dimscriminatory restrictions against Homosexuals, fornicators, single parents, even adding oustanding factors in sexual acts like alcoholism, etc..

Name one reason a secular person would support this.

Both want strong families that produce strong children. These faulty family structures do not produce a "better" society. They produce mentally deficient children (or no children).

Really? that is interesting, because every (balanced) study I have read states quite the contrary.

The instability is increased with each successive generational decline.

We as Christians have moral obligations as well as practical ones.
So, why should your obligations be forced upon me?

The practical is clear. From a secular viewpoint alone, if we for example feminize our military and a non feminized army sees that as a weakness...
They attack our lives and property are threatened.

You are a truly astonishing person. Are you suggesting that the repeal of DADT has feminized our military? That is completely ignorant.

I could go on to the countless pro arguments for the discrimination of homosexuality and other sexual preferences.

And I could go on to the countless pros to discriminate against Christians and people of faith, but I still know it is wrong.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:38:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 11:05:42 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

It wasn't a hate thread for Christians. It was a hate thread for ignorance. If you feel like I am so offensive, then don't read the threads I post, it's as simple as that. As far as me being ignorant, I am not quite sure where you got that from. I probably know more about your religion than you. As far as my posts go, well, it was an attempt to make you rethink a religion like the crazy one that you follow.

It is indeed a shame that some "Christians" act with hate towards homosexuals and the like. By condoning this manner, Christians are doing nothing but making fools and hypocrites of themselves; I agree 100%. Just let it be known, that those "Christians" are not Christians at all; mainly because they are defiling the very commandments that Jesus reassured in the Bible

"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Matthew 22:37-40
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:42:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 11:38:09 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 11:05:42 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

It wasn't a hate thread for Christians. It was a hate thread for ignorance. If you feel like I am so offensive, then don't read the threads I post, it's as simple as that. As far as me being ignorant, I am not quite sure where you got that from. I probably know more about your religion than you. As far as my posts go, well, it was an attempt to make you rethink a religion like the crazy one that you follow.

It is indeed a shame that some "Christians" act with hate towards homosexuals and the like. By condoning this manner, Christians are doing nothing but making fools and hypocrites of themselves; I agree 100%. Just let it be known, that those "Christians" are not Christians at all; mainly because they are defiling the very commandments that Jesus reassured in the Bible

"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Matthew 22:37-40

Thank you. I have heard this before. (:
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 11:56:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 9:06:26 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 7:17:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

This would have more weight with me if it appeared in any thread started by inferno. Or do you actually believe only atheists start threats like these?

You, good sir, are putting words in my mouth. . . I merely am commenting on the fact that lotus consistently spews hatred . . . I actually haven't noticed much of what sadolite has posted so again . . . I can't speak to his.stupidity

http://www.debate.org...

now f*ck off, and go bother him.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 4:46:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 11:56:14 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 11/9/2011 9:06:26 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 7:17:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
you make a hate thread about Christians? really? have you nothing better to do with your life . . . Why post on the religious forums if you have nothing interesting/insightful to say . . . your posts are always angry and offensive, does anyone gain anything from you spewing hate? You don't see the irony in what you do? You hate christians because (according to you) they hate you . . .

or maybe it goes like this; you hate Christians because they are ignorant . . . yet the only ignorant person (according to your posts) is you . . .

grow up and for God sake quit being useless, add something, anything, to the forums or dont bother posting.

This would have more weight with me if it appeared in any thread started by inferno. Or do you actually believe only atheists start threats like these?

You, good sir, are putting words in my mouth. . . I merely am commenting on the fact that lotus consistently spews hatred . . . I actually haven't noticed much of what sadolite has posted so again . . . I can't speak to his.stupidity

http://www.debate.org...

now f*ck off, and go bother him.

I was typing out posts on my phone and auto-correct messes with my typing occasionally, my apologies on the gender thing. . . regarding sadolite's post, it was a response to a former post with a very similar name.

Regarding this

"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Matthew 22:37-40

I agree fully, I do not "hate" anyone. . . that would be completely against my belief . .. you could murder my entire family and I would not "hate" you . . . I would wish that you went to heaven (seeing as this likely will not happen you'll have to take my word for it) . . . We are called to love our enemies. . . love is the most central commandment of the Christian faith . . . so, I don't hate homosexuals and never said that I did. . .

It wasn't a hate thread for Christians. It was a hate thread for ignorance. If you feel like I am so offensive, then don't read the threads I post, it's as simple as that. As far as me being ignorant, I am not quite sure where you got that from. I probably know more about your religion than you. As far as my posts go, well, it was an attempt to make you rethink a religion like the crazy one that you follow.

making broad generalizations about people groups is a mark of ignorance. . . claiming that an entire religion is "crazy" because is a sign of ignorance. . . however, at least we can both agree that ignorance is likely the single greatest enemy of peace and prosperity for mankind (alongside pride and greed).

regarding a hateful post? here one is:

At 11/3/2011 12:54:43 PM, EmpiricalFact wrote:
As a Christian, I often get overwhelmed by questions from atheist,so I am used to being asked questions related to God and christianism .I have been asked by atheist who don't know what they are talking about to Atheist with doctorates in humanitarian studies , physicist and very good theologist playing as devils advocate as they say.I have answered the common most asked questions by atheist but in this particular case I want a question that challenges me ,something that shakes me from my seat.something so complex that I can't answer. Convert me into an atheist lol.
P.S. Don't bring me the generic questions and paradoxes that everyone discusses everywhere, I want something new yet challenging.keep in mind that I won't start a discussion here or anything about questions you guys post I just want to be confronted with a really hard question.

you replied:

I would not ask you a fuckin thing. You are an idiot.

that is rude, derogatory, and hateful. It added nothing to the discussion and helped no one.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
WriterSelbe
Posts: 410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 4:57:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think we should all be gay to try and negate what was done to us by them there baby-boomers. Adoption is an option, word.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 7:43:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/9/2011 4:46:13 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 11:56:14 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 11/9/2011 9:06:26 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
At 11/9/2011 7:17:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/7/2011 4:22:47 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:

You, good sir, are putting words in my mouth. . . I merely am commenting on the fact that lotus consistently spews hatred . . . I actually haven't noticed much of what sadolite has posted so again . . . I can't speak to his.stupidity

http://www.debate.org...

now f*ck off, and go bother him.

I was typing out posts on my phone and auto-correct messes with my typing occasionally, my apologies on the gender thing. . . regarding sadolite's post, it was a response to a former post with a very similar name.

apology accepted.
"regarding sadolite's post, it was a response to a former post with a very similar name."
What, that Jesus was gay? He also posted that, you know. I don't think that did anything for the conversation, now did it?



It wasn't a hate thread for Christians. It was a hate thread for ignorance. If you feel like I am so offensive, then don't read the threads I post, it's as simple as that. As far as me being ignorant, I am not quite sure where you got that from. I probably know more about your religion than you. As far as my posts go, well, it was an attempt to make you rethink a religion like the crazy one that you follow.

making broad generalizations about people groups is a mark of ignorance. . . claiming that an entire religion is "crazy" because is a sign of ignorance. . . however, at least we can both agree that ignorance is likely the single greatest enemy of peace and prosperity for mankind (alongside pride and greed).

I wasn't calling Christians crazy, I was calling some of your beliefs crazy. What do you call the belief in physical human resurrection? I sure as hell don't call it common sense, that's for sure! But, if you feel like you are so intellectually superior to me, then we can carry that conversation out in a debate. But until then, please, climb down from inside of my as$, and quit making assumptions about my level of intelligence.

regarding a hateful post? here one is:

At 11/3/2011 12:54:43 PM, EmpiricalFact wrote:
As a Christian, I often get overwhelmed by questions from atheist,so I am used to being asked questions related to God and christianism .I have been asked by atheist who don't know what they are talking about to Atheist with doctorates in humanitarian studies , physicist and very good theologist playing as devils advocate as they say.I have answered the common most asked questions by atheist but in this particular case I want a question that challenges me ,something that shakes me from my seat.something so complex that I can't answer. Convert me into an atheist lol.
P.S. Don't bring me the generic questions and paradoxes that everyone discusses everywhere, I want something new yet challenging.keep in mind that I won't start a discussion here or anything about questions you guys post I just want to be confronted with a really hard question.

you replied:


I would not ask you a fuckin thing. You are an idiot.

that is rude, derogatory, and hateful. It added nothing to the discussion and helped no one.

Yes, he is an idiot. But not because he is a theist, but because his spelling and punctuation skills are atrocious. It didn't add anything? and this did? " grow up and for God sake quit being useless"
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...