Jump to topic:

Aliens Invade Atheism ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 11:10:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course we all know that throught time and history, man has always had some sort of a belief in God and other forms of deities since the beginning of time.
Let me be clear, there is only one God. And that is the God Of Abraham.
Now. The Movie, "Outlanders", was featured on The Sci Fi network this past weekend. Jim Caviezel is the star of this show. But anyway, the concept is brilliant to say the least. And it tells you about how people from the Dark and Iron Ages were exposed to beings from OUTSIDE of planet Earth. The Vikings heard about certain alien beings who came down and fought with and against them
in a time of war. Jim Caviezel was an extraterrestrial who came to Earth from another galaxy, but in the form of a human. He was sent by what the Vikings call the gods to save them from the destruction and wrath of monsters who also had special powers. It sounds Hollywood, yes I know. But legend has it that some Vikings told stories about aliens from other worlds who invaded their camps and forts near riversides. This was written down in their own personal diaries as well.
So it can be said that even a tribe or primitive beings who did not necessarily believe in God were exposed to the truth even though they were said to be Atheists in reality. So again what you see here is all about the supernatural experience.
People have always seen things that they could not explain, and these were non delusional or ficticious events. What do you think about this phenomenon ?
I am here.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:07:57 PM
I've not seen the film but it looks good, but anyway...

An ancient account of alien vistation is poor evidence, most cultures will record contact with external beings... are they talking about encounters with angels, demons, Gods, or aliens... well from their point of view what is the difference? Indeed arguably from our point of view what is the difference?

Have some of the fuss about medieval/rennaisance art showing 'UFOs', strange objects etc etc.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:17:22 PM
At 11/7/2011 12:07:57 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

An ancient account of alien vistation is poor evidence, most cultures will record contact with external beings... are they talking about encounters with angels, demons, Gods, or aliens... well from their point of view what is the difference? Indeed arguably from our point of view what is the difference?

Have some of the fuss about medieval/rennaisance art showing 'UFOs', strange objects etc etc.

Of course many of those occurences did happen. You could not possibly think that all of them were false. Youre being unrealistic among other things here.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:38:30 PM
Imagine there comes a burning of the great library, and a good portion of our records vanishes... Digitial storage? Forget it.

Now, think about what people would think we were like based on the few things they can recover.

I guarantee you are going to find people who take art as being more than it is.

I mean, for all we know, the Greek Gods were really just comic book heroes. For the love of all things holy, don't fact check that or present evidence otherwise, I don't care. Just think about it for a second, it would be funny, wouldn't it?

And if me telling you not to fact check or present alternate evidence to back my position that all those old Gods were really just comic book heroes, all I have to say is...

http://i37.photobucket.com...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:41:37 PM
At 11/7/2011 12:17:22 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course many of those occurences did happen. You could not possibly think that all of them were false. Youre being unrealistic among other things here.

I knew that regardless of what I typed you would come back with the same attitude... feh.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:44:22 PM

All of the events were true in a sense... each given event was either...
a) A lie.
b) Halluncination.
c) Objectively real.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:44:28 PM
At 11/7/2011 12:38:30 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Imagine there comes a burning of the great library, and a good portion of our records vanishes... Digitial storage? Forget it.

Now, think about what people would think we were like based on the few things they can recover.

I mean, for all we know, the Greek Gods were really just comic book heroes. For the love of all things holy, don't fact check that or present evidence otherwise, I don't care. Just think about it for a second, it would be funny, wouldn't it?

And if me telling you not to fact check or present alternate evidence to back my position that all those old Gods were really just comic book heroes, all I have to say is...

Maybe to you. But many cultures back in those days and times were oblivious to what was being written in the Bible. And as time went along, they were still being exposed to supernatural beings all around the world.
You have to realize that we have spirits who operate in high places. The Bible calls them principalities of darkness. These are the followers of the devil or fallen angels.
And yes my friend, they are very real. About one-third of them fell to Earth after being casted out of Heaven.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 12:45:33 PM
At 11/7/2011 12:44:28 PM, inferno wrote:

Maybe to you. But many cultures back in those days and times were oblivious to what was being written in the Bible. And as time went along, they were still being exposed to supernatural beings all around the world.
You have to realize that we have spirits who operate in high places. The Bible calls them principalities of darkness. These are the followers of the devil or fallen angels.
And yes my friend, they are very real. About one-third of them fell to Earth after being casted out of Heaven.

What caused the reduction in frequency of supernatural events?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 1:07:38 PM
At 11/7/2011 12:45:33 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

This came after the Crucifixion. Humanity was more about faith than an actual visual occurances that proved the existence of God. In other words, all you have to do is walk in faith and it will happen. But not in the way that you are expecting it to.
A mountain could be a personal vendetta or issue that one is dealing with.
It could be cigarettes for example. Lets say that you Cerebral Narcissus was a smoker who has been trying to quit for so long. So God sends someone in your life, like a small child who is dying of cancer. He meets you in a hospital or chemo center from which he is being cared for daily. And you can the child become close friends and he tells you about his life and how he became ill.
Then a few months later, the child dies. This cause a rift in your soul like never before, because in your eyes he was like a son to you.
So now here you are trying to quit cigarettes and something has now compelled you to do so. Then you find the strength within to give up something that you love doing so much. And it only happened because of divine intervention.
The child may have not been a child at all. It probably was just an angel of God, trying to send a message of hope to you. So now you are free from the bondage of smoking, and you have finally decided to give it up once and for all. That is how life works my friend when it comes to faith. I hope you understand what I just said here today.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 1:19:52 PM
At 11/7/2011 1:07:38 PM, inferno wrote:

This came after the Crucifixion. Humanity was more about faith than an actual visual occurances that proved the existence of God. In other words, all you have to do is walk in faith and it will happen. But not in the way that you are expecting it to.
It could be cigarettes for example. Lets say that you Cerebral Narcissus was a smoker who has been trying to quit for so long. So God sends someone in your life, like a small child who is dying of cancer. He meets you in a hospital or chemo center from which he is being cared for daily. And you can the child become close friends and he tells you about his life and how he became ill.
Then a few months later, the child dies. This cause a rift in your soul like never before, because in your eyes he was like a son to you.
So now here you are trying to quit cigarettes and something has now compelled you to do so. Then you find the strength within to give up something that you love doing so much. And it only happened because of divine intervention.
The child may have not been a child at all. It probably was just an angel of God, trying to send a message of hope to you. So now you are free from the bondage of smoking, and you have finally decided to give it up once and for all. That is how life works my friend when it comes to faith. I hope you understand what I just said here today.

Yea, I think I am going to finally give up on you.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 1:39:45 PM
At 11/7/2011 1:19:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Yea, I think I am going to finally give up on you.

That is irrelevent. Your ideology means nothing to me or the majority of the free world. I am sure you dont mind being alone.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:50:17 PM

This actually happened. But not how you describe. I used my special power as the Stave of Satan to resurrect the demon-child. I knew that if C_N stopped smoking, he would die because he was infected with satanic demon-bacteria that can only be killed with the carcinogens found in cigarettes. So I tricked him into quitting smoking by playing on his emotions, and now his lungs will become black as Satan's soul itself and he will die of something very much like natural causes many years in the future, but it's really my satanic demon-power.

I know you will say this is wrong, but that's because I've sent my demons to put thoughts in your head. You can't really rely on anything you think you know because my demons are excellent at convincing people they are really angels... boy did I get a kick out of using them to send those idiot Hebrews on genocidal crusades...

Prove me wrong... you wanna have supernatural throwdown? I'll roast you with flaming jets from my Stave.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 7:13:42 PM
Satan, aliens, witches are all real.

See Satan has his fellow followers like inferno act like complete idiots to further cast doubt on such truths. After all, who wants to been seen as a nut job like inferno ?, Meanwhile giving cover for Satan to pursue the homosexual agenda.

Yes, I am unto you inferno.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 7:28:47 PM
At 11/7/2011 7:13:42 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Satan, aliens, witches are all real.

See Satan has his fellow followers like inferno act like complete idiots to further cast doubt on such truths. After all, who wants to been seen as a nut job like inferno ?, Meanwhile giving cover for Satan to pursue the homosexual agenda.

Yes, I am unto you inferno.

I'd love to read Inferno's moralistic, typically hogwash and pigslosh response to this...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 7:40:24 PM
At 11/7/2011 7:36:47 PM, Diagoras wrote:
TS:DR

(Too Stupid, Didn't Read).

SC: TC

(Stupidity compounded, Troll coming)

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Diagoras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 7:42:52 PM
At 11/7/2011 7:40:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/7/2011 7:36:47 PM, Diagoras wrote:
TS:DR

(Too Stupid, Didn't Read).

SC: TC

(Stupidity compounded, Troll coming)

No, no. You were already here.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 10:17:20 PM
At 11/7/2011 11:10:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Of course we all know that throught time and history, man has always had some sort of a belief in God and other forms of deities since the beginning of time.

Um no that is not true lol.

Now. The Movie, "Outlanders", was featured on The Sci Fi network this past weekend. Jim Caviezel is the star of this show. But anyway, the concept is brilliant to say the least. And it tells you about how people from the Dark and Iron Ages were exposed to beings from OUTSIDE of planet Earth. The Vikings heard about certain alien beings who came down and fought with and against them
in a time of war. Jim Caviezel was an extraterrestrial who came to Earth from another galaxy, but in the form of a human. He was sent by what the Vikings call the gods to save them from the destruction and wrath of monsters who also had special powers. It sounds Hollywood, yes I know. But legend has it that some Vikings told stories about aliens from other worlds who invaded their camps and forts near riversides. This was written down in their own personal diaries as well.

Let us zoom in on the word "legend" here.

So it can be said that even a tribe or primitive beings who did not necessarily believe in God were exposed to the truth even though they were said to be Atheists in reality.
So again what you see here is all about the supernatural experience.
People have always seen things that they could not explain, and these were non delusional or ficticious events. What do you think about this phenomenon ?

Just because we can't explain it doesn't mean it is supernatural. It always has a scientific explanation, we just might not have discovered it yet. Most people don't know that there are scientific explanations for things they say cannot have scientific explanations such as behavior and love.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 10:18:22 PM

He isn't saying they didn't happen, just that those happenings were probably not supernatural.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 10:21:20 PM

So only those who want to have faith will have experiences where they see the supernatural? Doesn't that seem really fishy to you?

There is no reason to think that the child was put there by divine intervention.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 12:25:23 AM
At 11/7/2011 10:21:20 PM, rogue wrote:

There is no reason to think that the child was put there by divine intervention.

I already told you people I used my powers as the Stave of Satan do do it... Jesus don't you read these threads?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 6:34:57 AM
Should I smoke or not gaaah!!!!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:37:53 AM
At 11/7/2011 10:17:20 PM, rogue wrote:
At 11/7/2011 11:10:34 AM, inferno wrote:

Um no that is not true lol.

Let us zoom in on the word "legend" here.

So it can be said that even a tribe or primitive beings who did not necessarily believe in God were exposed to the truth even though they were said to be Atheists in reality.
So again what you see here is all about the supernatural experience.

Just because we can't explain it doesn't mean it is supernatural. It always has a scientific explanation, we just might not have discovered it yet. Most people don't know that there are scientific explanations for things they say cannot have scientific explanations such as behavior and love.

Wrong. Stranger occurances and supernatural events cannot be determined or measured with 100% accuracy by science. That is a fallible argument for sure.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:38:55 AM
At 11/7/2011 10:21:20 PM, rogue wrote:

So only those who want to have faith will have experiences where they see the supernatural? Doesn't that seem really fishy to you?

You cannot prove this dear Rogue. Now youre playing guessing games here.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:40:54 AM
At 11/8/2011 10:37:53 AM, inferno wrote:
Wrong. Stranger occurances and supernatural events cannot be determined or measured with 100% accuracy by science. That is a fallible argument for sure.

Most supernatural claims can be investigated by science.

If a house is haunted people can go there and look at it. A psychics powers can be tested. Parapsychologists can play around with ouija boards.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:42:38 AM
At 11/8/2011 10:40:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

If a house is haunted people can go there and look at it. A psychics powers can be tested. Parapsychologists can play around with ouija boards.

And sometimes science says this.........It cannot be explained. But whatever it is, it is not of this world.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:46:07 AM
At 11/8/2011 10:42:38 AM, inferno wrote:

And sometimes science says this.........It cannot be explained. But whatever it is, it is not of this world.

Proof?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:49:17 AM
At 11/8/2011 10:46:07 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

Proof?

They cannot prove this. Many scientists actually do believe in God and spirits.
Atheists make the mistake by being overtly selective.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 10:50:59 AM
At 11/8/2011 10:49:17 AM, inferno wrote:
At 11/8/2011 10:46:07 AM, Man-is-good wrote:

Proof?

They cannot prove this. Many scientists actually do believe in God and spirits.
Atheists make the mistake by being overtly selective.

I see...looney toon logic, hehehe....