Jump to topic:

Mormonism

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 6:16:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I hate to break it to you, but Mormonism totally is a religion.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 6:17:24 PM
I know what you mean, I'm just being a dumb arse.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 6:45:06 PM
I think you could pretty much make that case for any religious founder if you tried.

Going around claiming that God speaks to you or through you isn't going to get you many sane points in today's society.

Course, back then, I'd think it to be even easier to lead people around with bullsh!t. More romantic times, they were.

Just look at the story of the first Chinese Emperor, Qin Shi Huang. Was obsessed with obtaining immortality, and was duped constantly. He ended up dying after drinking mercury, thinking it would give him immortality. That's metal as fvck.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 7:16:06 PM
Well this would be just a case against Mormonism being a reasonable religion based on "evidence." I would be making the case against Joseph Smith, major problems with the BOM regarding all kinds of topics, and doctrinal contradictions. It's a solid case, but I don't know if anybody would even be willing to argue for Mormonism. So basically before I go through all the trouble to write it up I want to see if anybody is even interested.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 7:21:10 PM
He just wanted the best of both worlds.

It's either bacon or multiple wives.

Christianity allows bacon, but not multiple wives.

Islam allows multiple wives, but not bacon.

Clearly Smith was a man who fantasized about eating a BLT while being serviced by multiple women.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 7:26:50 PM
At 11/9/2011 7:21:10 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
He just wanted the best of both worlds.

It's either bacon or multiple wives.

Christianity allows bacon, but not multiple wives.

Islam allows multiple wives, but not bacon.

Clearly Smith was a man who fantasized about eating a BLT while being serviced by multiple women.

lol well put. But yeah...I'd be attacking the religion on all fronts. Not sure if there even are any mormons on this site though that could justify their religion in the form of Mormon apologetics though.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 5:12:25 AM
mormonism is a religion, they believe in many gods, that jesus and satan are brothers, and that they should be able to vote n mormon laws. They aren't Christian but they are a religion