Total Posts:133|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christian Q & A

TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 5:23:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Does God always get what he wants?
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 6:08:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 5:23:40 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Does God always get what he wants?

Thank you for the welcome, I do appreciat that. Now, this question does not have a simple answer. God's will is sovereign, which is not to say that he controls evrything; rather he permits or allows everything.God does not cause everything to happen and it is his perfect will. Also, while God wants all of humanity to be saved( see Timothy 2:4) it is his will that we are given free will. I welcome follow up questions.
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 6:13:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 6:08:03 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:23:40 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Does God always get what he wants?

Thank you for the welcome, I do appreciat that. Now, this question does not have a simple answer. God's will is sovereign, which is not to say that he controls evrything; rather he permits or allows everything.God does not cause everything to happen and it is his perfect will. Also, while God wants all of humanity to be saved( see Timothy 2:4) it is his will that we are given free will. I welcome follow up questions.

I neglected t give a direct answer.God's will is always done, but technically he doesn't always get what he wants.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 6:28:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 6:13:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:08:03 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:23:40 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Does God always get what he wants?

Thank you for the welcome, I do appreciat that. Now, this question does not have a simple answer. God's will is sovereign, which is not to say that he controls evrything; rather he permits or allows everything.God does not cause everything to happen and it is his perfect will. Also, while God wants all of humanity to be saved( see Timothy 2:4) it is his will that we are given free will. I welcome follow up questions.

I neglected t give a direct answer.God's will is always done, but technically he doesn't always get what he wants.

Can "what God wants" be separated from his will so easily? If the statement, "God wants everyone to saved" is true, mustn't the statement, "It is God's will that everyone be saved" also be true?

Also, I'm a Christian too, I'm just curious how other Christians answer these questions.
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 6:38:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 6:28:03 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:13:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:08:03 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:23:40 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Does God always get what he wants?

Thank you for the welcome, I do appreciat that. Now, this question does not have a simple answer. God's will is sovereign, which is not to say that he controls evrything; rather he permits or allows everything.God does not cause everything to happen and it is his perfect will. Also, while God wants all of humanity to be saved( see Timothy 2:4) it is his will that we are given free will. I welcome follow up questions.

I neglected t give a direct answer.God's will is always done, but technically he doesn't always get what he wants.

Can "what God wants" be separated from his will so easily? If the statement, "God wants everyone to saved" is true, mustn't the statement, "It is God's will that everyone be saved" also be true?

Also, I'm a Christian too, I'm just curious how other Christians answer these questions.

Right, well that gets us into the terminology of "God's Will". While it is God's will that he wants us all saved, which will not happen, there are multiple tenets if his will. His will for all to be saved is not part of his perfect will you see. The "tenets" of his will can not and do not contradict each other.While his will is for all of us to be saved, that will not compromise his perfect will. He would not be just if his sovereign will could be compromised. I do hope I answered your question, ask as many as you like!
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 6:41:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 6:38:43 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:28:03 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:13:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 6:08:03 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:23:40 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Does God always get what he wants?

Thank you for the welcome, I do appreciat that. Now, this question does not have a simple answer. God's will is sovereign, which is not to say that he controls evrything; rather he permits or allows everything.God does not cause everything to happen and it is his perfect will. Also, while God wants all of humanity to be saved( see Timothy 2:4) it is his will that we are given free will. I welcome follow up questions.

I neglected t give a direct answer.God's will is always done, but technically he doesn't always get what he wants.

Can "what God wants" be separated from his will so easily? If the statement, "God wants everyone to saved" is true, mustn't the statement, "It is God's will that everyone be saved" also be true?

Also, I'm a Christian too, I'm just curious how other Christians answer these questions.

Right, well that gets us into the terminology of "God's Will". While it is God's will that he wants us all saved, which will not happen, there are multiple tenets if his will. His will for all to be saved is not part of his perfect will you see. The "tenets" of his will can not and do not contradict each other.While his will is for all of us to be saved, that will not compromise his perfect will. He would not be just if his sovereign will could be compromised. I do hope I answered your question, ask as many as you like!

Thanks.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 7:08:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is this a trick question?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 7:16:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 7:08:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Is this a trick question?

What evidence do you have to presume the possibility of a trick question?
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 9:49:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Welcome to the site! :)

Can God a stone that is so heavy that he himself cannot lift it?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 10:00:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 9:49:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Welcome to the site! :)

Can God a stone that is so heavy that he himself cannot lift it?

Classic question, I assume that you suppose that is god cannot than he is not omnipotent and if he can than he is still yet not omnipotent. The simple answer is no, but allow me to delve into the explanation. This comes with a misunderstanding of the word omnipotent. Omnipotent describes God's power, not that he can do thing self contradictory.Merriam Webster defines Omnipotent as:1often capitalized : almighty 1
2: having virtually unlimited authority or influence
3:obsolete : arrant
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
This question is equal to terms like married bachelor or round triangle, it is meaningless. Also, thanks for the welcome!
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 10:15:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 7:16:20 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 7:08:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Is this a trick question?

What evidence do you have to presume the possibility of a trick question?

That what was my question.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:08:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 10:15:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/11/2011 7:16:20 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 7:08:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Is this a trick question?

What evidence do you have to presume the possibility of a trick question?

That what was my question.

I was asking the basis for the questions not what the question was.
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:10:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 10:15:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/11/2011 7:16:20 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 7:08:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Is this a trick question?

What evidence do you have to presume the possibility of a trick question?

That what was my question.

Complete randomness I suppose? I do find it humoress don't worry.
ApostateAbe
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.

Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
CarlosMarti123
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:52:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 10:00:00 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 9:49:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Welcome to the site! :)

Can God a stone that is so heavy that he himself cannot lift it?

Classic question, I assume that you suppose that is god cannot than he is not omnipotent and if he can than he is still yet not omnipotent. The simple answer is no, but allow me to delve into the explanation. This comes with a misunderstanding of the word omnipotent. Omnipotent describes God's power, not that he can do thing self contradictory.Merriam Webster defines Omnipotent as:1often capitalized : almighty 1
2: having virtually unlimited authority or influence
3:obsolete : arrant
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
This question is equal to terms like married bachelor or round triangle, it is meaningless. Also, thanks for the welcome!

Dang! There goes my argument against you in the "Could God Exist?" debate (http://www.debate.org...). Well done I must say. Ironically, I also made an entire debate arguing against omnipotence being absurd (see http://www.debate.org...), so of course I do not actually favor that anti-omnipotence position.
CarlosMarti123
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 12:07:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?

Thank you for taking this one for me, I will now have to do diligent research so I can combat your scientific arguments. I have less time to concentrate on these forums so feel free to take questions if is an open forum after all.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 12:11:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 12:07:17 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?

Thank you for taking this one for me, I will now have to do diligent research so I can combat your scientific arguments. I have less time to concentrate on these forums so feel free to take questions if is an open forum after all.

could it be more apparent that neither of you were even aware the bible contained some golden rhoids?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 12:12:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Izbo10, could it be more apparent that you have no other time but to attack others?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 12:46:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 12:11:38 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:07:17 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?

Thank you for taking this one for me, I will now have to do diligent research so I can combat your scientific arguments. I have less time to concentrate on these forums so feel free to take questions if is an open forum after all.

could it be more apparent that neither of you were even aware the bible contained some golden rhoids?

Do you have nothing better to do than be a troll, or is it just who you are?
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 12:55:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 12:46:45 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:11:38 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:07:17 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?

Thank you for taking this one for me, I will now have to do diligent research so I can combat your scientific arguments. I have less time to concentrate on these forums so feel free to take questions if is an open forum after all.

could it be more apparent that neither of you were even aware the bible contained some golden rhoids?

Do you have nothing better to do than be a troll, or is it just who you are?

Seriously little boy I have forgotten more about your bible then you will ever care to know.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
TeenageApologist
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 3:27:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 12:55:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:46:45 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:11:38 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:07:17 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?

Thank you for taking this one for me, I will now have to do diligent research so I can combat your scientific arguments. I have less time to concentrate on these forums so feel free to take questions if is an open forum after all.

could it be more apparent that neither of you were even aware the bible contained some golden rhoids?

Do you have nothing better to do than be a troll, or is it just who you are?

Seriously little boy I have forgotten more about your bible then you will ever care to know.

No matter what I could say I know your arrogance will remain uncompromised. Your claim has no evidence, just because you say it doesn't make it true right? I also note that you try a attempt at an insulting claim, is that how all trolls act? I am probably feeding the monster here. You call me a little boy when you show the emotional maturity of a 6 year old, I find this hypocritical.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 3:43:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/12/2011 3:27:59 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:55:14 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:46:45 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:11:38 AM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/12/2011 12:07:17 AM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:56:29 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:33:23 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:31:56 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
At 11/11/2011 11:21:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.
Is God mighty enough so that it is possible for Him to keep watching episodes of House until He can longer tolerate the repetitive formula of the screenplay?

I very much doubt that God enjoys House but his omniscience would make him well aware of the repetitive formula of the screenplay. I do bet many humans suffer the fate you questioned about God however, perhaps they should be in our prayers.


Is there anything that could appease god more then golden hemorrhoids and golden mice like in 1 samuel?

Oh, I don't know, maybe following the greatest commandments?

"‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Is there anything that could make your lack of knowledge more apparent?

Thank you for taking this one for me, I will now have to do diligent research so I can combat your scientific arguments. I have less time to concentrate on these forums so feel free to take questions if is an open forum after all.

could it be more apparent that neither of you were even aware the bible contained some golden rhoids?

Do you have nothing better to do than be a troll, or is it just who you are?

Seriously little boy I have forgotten more about your bible then you will ever care to know.

No matter what I could say I know your arrogance will remain uncompromised. Your claim has no evidence, just because you say it doesn't make it true right? I also note that you try a attempt at an insulting claim, is that how all trolls act? I am probably feeding the monster here. You call me a little boy when you show the emotional maturity of a 6 year old, I find this hypocritical.

I hate to wade in here because the fellow you are talking is a troll and does have the emotional maturity of a six year old but his question was only mildly silly.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
ApostateAbe
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 8:17:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

What hypothetical set of observations would be the minimum required for you to agree with atheists and believe that Christianity is just another sham religion founded by just another cult leader? As examples, non-Christians may point out New Testament passages such as 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Mark 9:1, Mark 13:30, John 21:20-23 and 2 Peter 3:3-8 as passages indicating an evolving belief among early Christians in an imminent doomsday. I know you believe that there are good apologist explanations or those passages, but I don't need those explanations (I know most of them). Instead, I would just like to know what hypothetical passages or other evidence it would take for you to change your mind and agree that Christianity is a sham, if not those passages. Thanks.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 8:24:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/11/2011 5:22:01 PM, TeenageApologist wrote:
I am a committed Christian, I would like to answer questions about Christianity, any part of it. I will ask that you only ask one question at a time.

Are good acts good because God commands them, or does God command them because they are good acts?